Zombies should break walls when no other way possible

Zomboid

Zombies should break down walls (plastered/painted) when no other entrance is possible. It should be extremely difficult and take a long time but it should still be possible. Of course they should only do this when there is no other viable entrance and only when they hear sounds or see you entering a building through a rope. Also zombies need to huddle around ropes to punish you for just building a base with no entrance to the second floor. Basically we need some solution to still make "perfect builds" scary.

Woah boy, a lot of people sure think otherwise *looks at the reason why we implemented the option to disable zombies from thumping something at all* :P

The "perfect builds" aspect of the game (in the term of just making a second story inaccessible except for a rope) will certainly be gone later down the line.

Also zombies need to huddle around ropes to punish you for just building a base with no entrance to the second floor.

It's not a cheat to have a second floor only accessible by sheet ropes so I don't get why the game should punish us for that and zombies already wait under the sheet rope if they saw you climbing it, so you can be locked in your safehouse if you don't have another escape.

In one of my game I had to build a catwalk to get out of my safehouse because it was surrounded by zombies, so even if your safehouse is only accessible with sheet ropes there is still a risk.

Also zombies need to huddle around ropes to punish you for just building a base with no entrance to the second floor.

It's not a cheat to have a second floor only accessible by sheet ropes so I don't get why the game should punish us for that and zombies already wait under the sheet rope if they saw you climbing it, so you can be locked in your safehouse if you don't have another escape.

In one of my game I had to build a catwalk to get out of my safehouse because it was surrounded by zombies, so even if your safehouse is only accessible with sheet ropes there is still a risk.

I don't think it is a cheat, I just think once people realize they can build a base this way it makes wanting to build bases on the first floor basically foolish. By punish I don't mean punish you supernaturally for cheating but rather punish you for not having a proper second exit.

Build base on first floor = scary 

Building base on second floor (with stairs destroyed) = scary only if you have a teammate who forgets to turn the oven off

Maybe it isn't true but in my experience zombies can be easily fooled not to go to the second floor and I feel like the zombies never huddle around my ropes especially since I now only pick buildings where I can drop down like 5 different ropes. Hmm maybe... rope durability that needs to be constantly checked and can randomly weaken resulting in your miserable fall? Maybe broken arms and legs having a high chance to fall when climbing ropes requiring handicap accessible entrances to your base for your wounded teammates?

I don't think it is a cheat, I just think once people realize they can build a base this way it makes wanting to build bases on the first floor basically foolish. By punish I don't mean punish you supernaturally for cheating but rather punish you for not having a proper second exit.

Build base on first floor = scary 

Building base on second floor (with stairs destroyed) = scary only if you have a teammate who forgets to turn the oven off

Maybe it isn't true but in my experience zombies can be easily fooled not to go to the second floor and I feel like the zombies never huddle around my ropes especially since I now only pick buildings where I can drop down like 5 different ropes. Hmm maybe... rope durability that needs to be constantly checked and can randomly weaken resulting in your miserable fall? Maybe broken arms and legs having a high chance to fall when climbing ropes requiring handicap accessible entrances to your base for your wounded teammates?

That'd be hilarious in MP.

Zombies should break down walls (plastered/painted) when no other entrance is possible. It should be extremely difficult and take a long time but it should still be possible. Of course they should only do this when there is no other viable entrance and only when they hear sounds or see you entering a building through a rope. Also zombies need to huddle around ropes to punish you for just building a base with no entrance to the second floor. Basically we need some solution to still make "perfect builds" scary.

Erhm, that's already the case.

• 6 months later...
On 2/3/2016 at 4:40 PM, HerrKazuya said:

Erhm, that's already the case.

When I find the perfect building and drop a rope, all my fears are gone. I'm not sure how it is already the case? Maybe I have just been very lucky that zombies don't really huddle around my ropes. Still think broken and sprained arms being unable to climb ropes would be a good solution to this problem :)

14 hours ago, HerrKazuya said:

Plastered walls are not unbreakable. When the Zombies get alerted and a plastered wall is in the way, they start banging on it and will eventually break it.

They are breakable even when they are painted?

3 hours ago, Demonic_Kat said:

I was under the impression that all player built structures were breakable.

Last I checked plastered walls (definitely painted walls) could not be destroyed by zombies. However I am not sure if future updates changed this or not?

On 15/08/2016 at 11:44 AM, Zomboid said:

Last I checked plastered walls (definitely painted walls) could not be destroyed by zombies. However I am not sure if future updates changed this or not?

You must've checked a reeeally long time ago. Painted walls definitely don't last very long vs. a horde drawn in by choppers. I was under the same impression a while back, and I smugly stood around in the street long after escape was not an option. My horror when the walls fell...