Steam Beta Release - 09th Sep 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

RobertJohnson

Scroll bar is fixed everywhere yup, but for the other problem... Erm, can you give me a way to reproduce it ? I never seen that :(

You scroll all the way down in the trait selection menu and select a few traits. When the game detects that the remaining traits can fit in without the scroll bar, it hides it without scrolling back up. The result is this:

http://cactuspie.eu/pliki/2013-09-27_00002.jpg

Moved from the Upcoming thread.

- RoboMat

Respectfully... how's the horde bug coming along? Have you guys been able to look into that yet?

There are around 20 pages (+) of posts on this. Have patience -- if it's not listed currently, it might be listed later or in the next update.

Yes, 20 pages of conjecture and laymen opinions (including yours truly!). We haven't had much real insight on what's happening and what's going on apart from Lemmy's very enlightening post.

I asked respectfully... I'm just very interested in learning about what's really going on with this bug. You could say I'm fascinated by it. If they haven't had time to look into it then that's fine too. I understand this update will be dominated by the incredible improvements brought on by the new way of dealing with wall textures. I'm just hoping they'll eventually not just fix this horde bug but also give us some background info on it! I think there will be a lot of interested people :) (As demonstrated by the over 20 pages of posts on the subject ;)

- RoboMat

Any plans to complete the incomplete controller support soon? That'd be great.

I started to fix a bit the local multiplayer, but then more singleplayer stuff came :D

My first plan is fix the moodles for multiplayer, and then save the other player to the game to take them back when you reload that game.

That's awesome RJ.  The moodles were a big turn off of the game in split screen for my roomy.  It sounds like sometime (relatively) soon I may be able to introduce the game to him again.

The zoom function being reimplemented also helped a lot.

Scroll bar is fixed everywhere yup, but for the other problem... Erm, can you give me a way to reproduce it ? I never seen that :(

You scroll all the way down in the trait selection menu and select a few traits. When the game detects that the remaining traits can fit in without the scroll bar, it hides it without scrolling back up. The result is this:

http://cactuspie.eu/pliki/2013-09-27_00002.jpg

Yep I can confirm this have been happening to me too in both the Steam 17 version and Desura 10 version.

Also with the sticky annoying scrollbar and sometimes even the loot window stick to my mouse and i have to tab 20 or so times for it to unstick :P

TL:DR: First comment - Love the game! 

Anyway as this being my first post it would be wise of me not only to leave a "negative" comment on the game.

I've been playing on and off for about a month now (since i bought) and been lurking these forums daily :)

I normally don't buy early access games.So buying this one and seeing the people behind it utilizing its players to test the game, listening to feedback, while still being very clear what their goals are with the game and updating it so frequently is just heart warming! 

Keep up the good work guys, PZ all the way!

- RoboMat

I'm sure this has been pointed out already but.....

Is there any plans to fix being able to see if a door/window can be opened by right-clicking on it from distance and looking for the option "open".

I don't do it myself but I am watching Mathas play and it is horrible to see him almost exploiting the mechanic rather than actually trying the door/window. Ruins that atmosphere a lot if you can tell if it can be opened without even trying.

Example: http://youtu.be/XIaN_TQ1Qew?t=8m

Moved from the Upcoming thread. As stated in the OP please do not post current bugs in the upcoming threads. 

- RoboMat

god these up comings are annoying because you see all of these fixes but you have no idea when its released the no eta thing is annoying but understandable

The only problem with them is that people keep posting their old bug reports in them and that's when stuff gets confusing. If we wouldn't have the upcoming threads posted, we'd probably have 10000 topics about why there are no update-infos...

god these up comings are annoying because you see all of these fixes but you have no idea when its released the no eta thing is annoying but understandable

The only problem with them is that people keep posting their old bug reports in them and that's when stuff gets confusing. If we wouldn't have the upcoming threads posted, we'd probably have 10000 topics about why there are no update-infos...

good point but i wish we could get like a estimated time or it saying thats its almost complete

good point but i wish we could get like a estimated time or it saying thats its almost complete

The problem with those estimates is that they are just that. Estimates. We can give you the ETA of a month or two and in the end it turns out it's going to take three or four. ETAs are worth nothing, besides more work for moderators.

We've given them out previously and the ammount of people complaining about how TIS didn't meet the ETA was way higher than the ammount of people who keep asking for an ETA.

So we're going with "no ETA" :)

Expect it to be weeks rather than months.

Crashing, cannot recover: Returning to site of burning building once it's offscreen

Crashing, damned annoying: Building second floor tiles causes crash when going downstairs from second floor while on screen.

-Crash save will be missing 2nd floor tiles seemingly at random, including crafted and preexisting ones.

Crashing, cannot recover: Returning to site of burning building once it's offscreen

Crashing, damned annoying: Building second floor tiles causes crash when going downstairs from second floor while on screen.

-Crash save will be missing 2nd floor tiles seemingly at random, including crafted and preexisting ones.

Thanks for your report.

Please grab a screenshot of the crashreports next time :) It makes life a lot easier for us.

Here ill Put some screen shots up to help. This happens 100% of the time.

Here is where i build the stairs.

ahby.png

Here is after standing on top of stairs for 5 secs. I fall though the tile.

p8nb.png

i walk 10 squares away then walk back and crash to main menu.

wgft.png

ix4y.png

When i load the game up the tile has moved and climbing the stairs is imposable.

veib.png

Wait is this a new build from last time? I already got the steam version and didn't see anywhere to update it.

Also, looks like theres a major glitch when loading back up if you saved at night

24lr22q.jpg

Yeah...........

Also why did you guys remove the health bars for the windows and doors? Ik you want it to be realistic but I had no other way of knowing when they were going to break in lol. Couldn't you have made a more visual way to show the gradual breakin of the zombies?

ahby.png

p8nb.png

wgft.png

ix4y.png

When i load the game up the tile has moved and climbing the stairs is imposable.

veib.png

Do you happen to be using an AMD overclocking utility on your system?

ahby.png

p8nb.png

wgft.png

ix4y.png

veib.png

I am guessing You are talking about AMD Overdrive for the gpu. It is installed yes but i haven't changed any settings. My normal pc is at my computer Shop to Showcase the new Ivybridge-e Cpu i put in it(I have to do this for tax purposes). I will try to uninstall Catalyst control center to see if that helps.This system is a intel sandybridge 2330 so its not overclocked. And a AMD 6870 for a GPU. When i go into work tomorrow i will try to play it on my real system and see if the bug happens there.

Wait is this a new build from last time? I already got the steam version and didn't see anywhere to update it.

Also, looks like theres a major glitch when loading back up if you saved at night.

You can try to enable the steam beta to use it ;)

1. Right click project zomboid in your steam library
  2. Select properties from the bottom of the list
  3. Click on "betas" and look for "Beta testing versions available to all" on the dropdown menu and select it
  4. Exit the menu and wait for PZ to update (if it doesn't start automatically just restart it.

I played the game in Sandbox mode with "no zombies" for testing gardening.

When I close the game and reload it, I always can find a horde of zombies next to my base. Is it possible, that the option "no zombies" doesnt work after a reload?

Sorry for my bad english

When I close the game and reload it, I always can find a horde of zombies next to my base. Is it possible, that the option "no zombies" doesnt work after a reload?

Hello Axel0815 (deutsch? :D),

thanks for your report. This problem is already known and looked into by RobertJohnson :)

Sorry for my bad english

Don't worry about it ;)

EDIT: Welcome to our forums :)

Hello Axel0815 (deutsch? :D),

thanks for your report. This problem is already known and looked into by RobertJohnson :)

*Fixed.

:D

ahby.png

p8nb.png

wgft.png

ix4y.png

veib.png

I am guessing You are talking about AMD Overdrive for the gpu. It is installed yes but i haven't changed any settings.

Aye, that's the one. It seems responsible for this fun return-to-main-menu bug. Installing it on my system caused the same problems just recently; uninstalling it fixed it.

It was . . . bizarre.

Also, looks like theres a major glitch when loading back up if you saved at night.

You can try to enable the steam beta to use it ;)

1. Right click project zomboid in your steam library
  2. Select properties from the bottom of the list
  3. Click on "betas" and look for "Beta testing versions available to all" on the dropdown menu and select it
  4. Exit the menu and wait for PZ to update (if it doesn't start automatically just restart it.

Um I have the game on steam.

Another really big weight issue. I put 20 9mm bullets in a backpack and it took up about 6 units of storage. There is no way that 20 bullets weighs as much as two fire axes. I should easily be able to toss a couple hundred bullets in a backpack. Would be a great fix.

Moved from the current "Upcoming" Thread. Please do not post your Bug Reports there.

Another really big weight issue. I put 20 9mm bullets in a backpack and it took up about 6 units of storage. There is no way that 20 bullets weighs as much as two fire axes. I should easily be able to toss a couple hundred bullets in a backpack. Would be a great fix.

This doesn't quite make sense as one bullet weighs 0.1 iirc so twenty of them should weigh 2... There might be something wrong with the way the system calculates the bullets if this is truly the case.