Steam Beta Release - 09th Sep 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

RobertJohnson

I do not have infinite ammo.

I really wish I did.

aha ok Thanks.

Believe me, its not funny ^^

okay. I can not take advantage of it so easily.

But how am I to deal with firearms, simply: dont usw ? :D

Yeah, same problem here, and no, it´s not funny. Best way is dont use guns, at least till next update.

(clyde)

First post here, hi all.

I am experiencing fps/game slowdown after my first nights sleep, the game is playable to an extent but the black square issue (individual black squares de-fogging when moving into unexplored area) is more prevalent with the slowdown in gamespeed. My PC is not to blame for this slowdown, it's something else, nothing appears in the workings to instigate an error or some such so I wonder if this is a memory leak.

Secondly, I think there is an issue with the zoom function. Once you have zoomed in all the way it becomes very difficult to right-click interact with anything, zooming back out to the original game window size fixes this in most cases but occasionally the right click gets 'stuck' and I'm unable to right click anything at all (or left click doors etc, have to press E) so a restart is required.

Other than that I am most pleased with the amount of entertainment my original investment has provided, you guys are inspirations to the gaming community, making games for gamers instead of embarking on an unadulterated money making endeavour.

Dunno if enyone have reported problem with farming and generally with the game aftr day 6 or 7 in my case. I cant dig and use gardening tools. Cant right click on crops. 

The mause wheel does not work in my game, still have to press + - but i dont really use it. Game is stable. Runs very well, no crash so far. Im just worried about this magic day 6,7 when the game decides to screw me over with a vengeance ;) 

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5541/kb4a.jpg What is this ?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/7y7u.jpg/ and this ?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/22/f91q.jpg/ ?? 

Whats wrong with zombie distribution on the map ? But if I start a game on desura and load it on steam version its all good.

I re-installed the game few times, maybe thats the problem ? 

Can someone tell me how to delete the game from computer registry ?

Those are images of very few zombies, apparently.

The game doesn't use the registery as far as I know. You can try deleting the %username%\zomboid\ folder to clear the game data, though.

You might also try going into the Steam (x86) folder and purging the Project Zomboid contents.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5541/kb4a.jpg What is this ?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/7y7u.jpg/ and this ?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/22/f91q.jpg/ ?? 

Whats wrong with zombie distribution on the map ? But if I start a game on desura and load it on steam version its all good.

I re-installed the game few times, maybe thats the problem ? 

Can someone tell me how to delete the game from computer registry ?

I don't really get it, those images looks ok to me...

When I installed the game for the first time on steam I had to deal with smaller and bigger packs of Z. And after few days I had teleporting zombies issue well known to everybody. 

---------------------------------------

Never mind. Restart helped : http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/2823/l1bh.jpg

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/4716/dwtm.jpg

But I swear I had couple games without any hordes in usual 'horde' locations. ;)  

Im experiencing slow downs on my computer when moving forward only, almost like the game goes 30% slower then speeds back up, my Average FPS is 60-70 but when it slows down it goes from 60-70 to 35-40 then back up. Im running the steam version.

Windows 7 64-bit

8 GB of 1600 Ram

Nvidia GTX770

Intel i7-3770 3.4 Ghrz

SSD hard drive

Everything is up to date including Java and Im fairly certain the game did'nt do this before steam version.

Oh and I forgot to mention, does holding the left button supposed to attack constantly other then charging the swing? if I hold the left button to a door with a bat or a golf club it sounds like a machine gun going off.

At the moemnt, I'd say if your slow downs don't go below 30 FPS, something is working well on your end. Do you get any short pauses with your SSD?

It should be noted the Steam builds are essentially beta builds of alpha builds that aren't in any tangible way stable. If an annoying problem persists, it's best to just revert to an earlier version.

As to the left-click, you should still become exhausted as you swing, to the point where you're only pushing zombies off (giving them plenty of opportunity to surround and devore you). This might require you to play the beta of a beta of an alpha branch, though. (Wow, that's confusing.)

Im experiencing slow downs on my computer when moving forward only, almost like the game goes 30% slower then speeds back up, my Average FPS is 60-70 but when it slows down it goes from 60-70 to 35-40 then back up. Im running the steam version.

Windows 7 64-bit

8 GB of 1600 Ram

Nvidia GTX770

Intel i7-3770 3.4 Ghrz

SSD hard drive

Everything is up to date including Java and Im fairly certain the game did'nt do this before steam version.

Oh and I forgot to mention, does holding the left button supposed to attack constantly other then charging the swing? if I hold the left button to a door with a bat or a golf club it sounds like a machine gun going off.

I have this exact issue as well (the bit about performance). My specs are similar I'm also using the steam version an have an SSD too. I'm not complaining I just want the devs too know in case not many people (on high spec pc's) have this issue.

Windows 7 64-bit

8 GB of 1600 Ram

Nvidia GTX770

Intel i7-3770 3.4 Ghrz

SSD hard drive

Same for me! Slightly different specs but the overall game-experience is pretty bad.

And @EnigmaGrey: Yep, there are people who really struggle with FPS but the described issue is just as bad as low FPS and a huge mystery for me.

Isn´t hard to believe if you see the stuttering caused by the FPS-drop, like the old complete stops in one of the old versions (garbage collector thing).

Alright, we're comparing something that isn't playable to something that's playable with inconvenient pauses . . . That's my only point.

None the less, this might be a thing of the past soon for both groups.

Ooh, mysterious.

My game is completely playable, I just wanted to know if anyone was experiencing it aswell.  It feels like it drops to 15-20 or less frames for about 1 second even thou Dxtory says 40+.  It stutters fairly bad when loading new blocks but nothing unplayable, I'm just very picky with lag or stuterring as I can notice it and it drives me nuts haha.  But I do want to say I've been watching this game in development for quite some time now and I would have to say my favorite games are survival games that include a lot of what Project Zomboid brings, thankyou very much, can't wait to play it with friends, I wish there were more games based on survival to this level of detail.