Horrific discovery dlc

LeetgamerBoi

I was thinking after 1.0 comes out , you will probably have soldiers on the edge of the map ready to shoot you as punishment for trying to leave the game world. since america is not an eternal forest for everything but knox county.

But after a few months, if you decide to not have the military send in special forces that actually PWN the zombies, like, with knowledge of headshots, like those in DR1 where they with assault rifles killed all those millions of zombies.

That after a while, the military transmissions become erratic, fewer between, and stop.

When you go to the border, nobody shoots.

And you can cut through that fence and escape.
When you see a road, you are horrified.

Corpses. Everywhere.

Zombies aimlessly wandering, mostly of soldiers and their murderers. 
And after that maybe introduce a procedural generated map from that point on maybe please?????
As a paid dlc?
I don't care if it's 40 bucks, i'd buy it.

Is this just like...

Get all the confirmed 'No' suggestions, and bundle them up into 'Post 1.0 DLC' so they don't count as actual suggestions?

Military Aid. Check

Clearly-Defined edge of map. Check

Potential Over-Powered weapons. Check

'Special' military Zombies. Check

Procedural (or Random) Generation Map. Check

DLC... Check

I can't even tell if you're actually serious or not at this point!  :unsure:

Edit: Ninja'd!!

Is this just like...

Get all the confirmed 'No' suggestions, and bundle them up into 'Post 1.0 DLC' so they don't count as actual suggestions?

Military Aid. Check

DLC... Check

You can't fucking even say that there won't be zombified soldiers.

this zombie apocalypse game takes place by one of the most HEAVILY GUARDED MILITARY BASES ON EARTH.

Like seriously dude :P "Knox" county :P :P

Machine guns i assume will be added, however i assume you will get little accuracy for brainshots.

Brookes even tackled this in the failure at the battle of yonkers.

The weapons that worked so well on humans had little effect on most of them. Because people die of being shot in the torso, and at most a zombie is paralyzed from a spinal cord injury and becomes a crawler.

I don't think Soldiers shooting at you and eventually being overwhelmed by the undead counts as "Aid".

And what do they mean by definite map border? I already stated, and stand by that the united states is not an eternal forest outside of a specific part of kentucky, so unless they make a scaled down entire USA i see no other option than an eternal forest after a point or a wall or randomly generated shit after a while.

I was just looking for the devs to stop reinforcing the one boring concept that every single player has to be boring civillian cindy or boring average andy. 

It would work- really work, if some emotion went into this apocalypse. 

It just seems too neutral, not much crying or despair around. Characters walk around without any thoughts on the fact that the world is ending.

Now don't get me wrong- i like this concept. It just so far is not pushed to it's maximum degree- i love this war of mine simply because of all the terror and sadness that goes into it. god i can't wait til this game is done and has reached it's full potential.

I just don't see why the devs don't wanna do anything fun or interesting with their game. 

They just want a story to be Zombies show up. You die. The end.

isn't that much of a plot is it :P So i have no clue how kate and baldspot can have any sort of a story with that kinda narrative. right now they are just posterchilds for the game, nothing else  :(

THE BEST most interesting thing the devs could add in is a lack of genre blindness.

Meaning that in their world before the fall they already knew zombies, just as fictional movie monsters.

So those movie and video game monsters become real things and since people think it's impossible, react even less properly than in a genre blind world through sheer disbelief 

Ending other than death is already a big NO if you would just read the commonly suggested page like you are supposed to  :excl:

DLC for this game would in no dimension be necessary or fair.

What i suggested was not an ending at all.

It would seem like one, but you would just keep on Going as long as you don't rp your character commiting suicide because they learn the whole world  has fallen as well.

DLC will not be being made for Project Zomboid.

yeah, yeah, i heard    :-|

the devs have such a rigid and unchangeable idea in their mind i wonder why bother having the suggestion form in the first place?

Don't like new ideas about zombies that aren't done often.

Don't like reasonable things real people actually do (Hairspray flamethrowers and other seemingly reasonable items) 

Absolutely reject any idea of a not horriffic and bad ending.

Refuse to change their minds about any idea.

I mean even miniscule things like disinfectant lowering the chance of infection they won't even consider.

I don't mean to disrespect the devs or anybody at all with this.

I just don't see many of the suggestions ever having a chance in hell of actually getting in this game with such a strict set of standards.

some stuff can be made with mods, i was thinking about it, but it's of no use if you have ideas, but no talent in scripting. :/ . "Overpowered" weapons is a really relative statement, since you can alter all parameters of zombies and weapons. How overpowered can a machine gun be if a zombie has tripple the health as now and the gun is no one-hit-wonder?

You can even implement solar-panels that "grow" battery packs use for laser rifles. But that would be a different thing. I just wanted something else than rednecks surviving in a trailer park. What about the special forces squad out there practicing dooms-day with abc-protection when the apocalypse hit the region?

But i think something like that is straight against the intention of Indiestone, so it has to be done with modding. 

some stuff can be made with mods, i was thinking about it, but it's of no use if you have ideas, but no talent in scripting. :/ . "Overpowered" weapons is a really relative statement, since you can alter all parameters of zombies and weapons. How overpowered can a machine gun be if a zombie has tripple the health as now and the gun is no one-hit-wonder?

You can even implement solar-panels that "grow" battery packs use for laser rifles. But that would be a different thing. I just wanted something else than rednecks surviving in a trailer park. What about the special forces squad out there practicing dooms-day with abc-protection when the apocalypse hit the region?

But i think something like that is straight against the intention of Indiestone, so it has to be done with modding. 

exactly what i mean.

They ignore real things to give zombies an advantage.

I'm pretty certain if a single city's disease issue threatens all of the world, within hours the bombers would be taking off to wipe it off the map.

exactly what i mean.

They ignore real things to give zombies an advantage.

I'm pretty certain if a single city's disease issue threatens all of the world, within hours the bombers would be taking off to wipe it off the map.

But, if that's "exactly what [you] mean", then why post it in PZ Suggestions, and not the Mod Suggestions/Requests?

Not to be a dick or anything, but if you go about suggesting almost precisely the ideas that have been confirmed as never going to happen as vanilla game suggestions, you'll quite rightly get directed off to the Mod sub-forum.

(Which is a lovely place where you can suggest and request any crazy content that you think would expand the PZ experience, or even attempt to implement those ideas yourself!)

The PZ Devs define and decide the PZ lore themselves, regardless of what lore it may be primarily based off.

If they didn't or couldn't, what would be the point in developing your own game universe? Might as well make Max Brooks Zombie Experience: The Game (although, then you'd be open to all sorts of legal repercussions)

I understand your frustration at the limits currently imposed by the Devs.  I believe that you shouldn't worry about a lack of additional content until they stop making new content.  Everything is a work in progress, and everything changes with time.  Who knows, down the road all of your worries may be for naught.  They may decide to change their "rigid" views once they've polished and finished what they have planned thus far.  Who knows, maybe one day you will break from the borders that frustrate you.

As far as being upset about the game inevitably sealing your doom, they do say at the start "This is how you died."  I know it seems like there is no hope and no future, and that is the point.  I know it is disconcerting, but not everything has a happy ending.  PZ is just a lesson in the futility of trying to live in a world that is dying, and in a species that is facing its ultimate extinction event.  I find comfort in knowing that one day my character will die, otherwise I will just become an old man farming a block of land.  Sometimes you just cannot escape, and are trapped in a place where the light slowly fades, and then extinguishes. 

As far as the military stuff I am unsure how I feel about it.  I do know a procedural map may not guarantee endless fun gallivanting through the world.  I don't really think a procedural map would work for a game like this, regardless of how neat the idea is.

I do like the idea of a hard ending where everything gets bombed, as I've always been a big fan of RotLD

trotld_012609-501x282.jpg

In the spirit of being excellent to others...

Is this just like...

Military Aid. Check

DLC... Check

I don't think a military quarantine would count as military aid assuming they shoot to kill on sight... I've mentioned/asked about this previously and... I didn't get a clear answer which the pinned 'commonly suggested suggestions' doesn't seem to clarify it. Also there doesn't seem to be any mention to edges of a map... I looked a few times but I could have missed it.

Is this just like...

Military Aid. Check

DLC... Check

this zombie apocalypse game takes place by one of the most HEAVILY GUARDED MILITARY BASES ON EARTH.

Machine guns i assume will be added, however i assume you will get little accuracy for brainshots.

The weapons that worked so well on humans had little effect on most of them. Because people die of being shot in the torso, and at most a zombie is paralyzed from a spinal cord injury and becomes a crawler.

I don't think Soldiers shooting at you and eventually being overwhelmed by the undead counts as "Aid".

And what do they mean by definite map border? I already stated, and stand by that the united states is not an eternal forest outside of a specific part of kentucky, so unless they make a scaled down entire USA i see no other option than an eternal forest after a point or a wall or randomly generated shit after a while.

I was just looking for the devs to stop reinforcing the one boring concept that every single player has to be boring civillian cindy or boring average andy. 

It just seems too neutral, not much crying or despair around. Characters walk around without any thoughts on the fact that the world is ending.
Now don't get me wrong- i like this concept. It just so far is not pushed to it's maximum degree- i love this war of mine simply because of all the terror and sadness that goes into it. god i can't wait til this game is done and has reached it's full potential.

I just don't see why the devs don't wanna do anything fun or interesting with their game. 

isn't that much of a plot is it :P So i have no clue how kate and baldspot can have any sort of a story with that kinda narrative. right now they are just posterchilds for the game, nothing else  :(

THE BEST most interesting thing the devs could add in is a lack of genre blindness.

Meaning that in their world before the fall they already knew zombies, just as fictional movie monsters.

So those movie and video game monsters become real things and since people think it's impossible, react even less properly than in a genre blind world through sheer disbelief 

Ending other than death is already a big NO if you would just read the commonly suggested page like you are supposed to  :excl:

It would seem like one, but you would just keep on Going as long as you don't rp your character commiting suicide because they learn the whole world  has fallen as well.

Zombies don't seem to have an interest or ability in using weapons...  So zombie troopers would be about the same as the rest. Troop skins for zombies may be nice. Or fix it so the clothes and hair before zombfication is what will be there after... Before cleanly shaven, white shirt, and white pants. After nearly full head of hair... I suppose the zombie disease is the cure to balding. Is that what causes the outbreak? A failed cure for balding?

The game has limited programmers, designers, and time. Or at least so I am told. If I found out that is just an excuse that really doesn't matter much because projectzomboid is meant to be moddable. Like minecraft. In minecraft I really want a portal gun, theres a mod for that, and now I can portal cows to their doom. Projectzomboid just doesn't have that vibrant modding community yet and candidly it may never have it... so your dreams for the game will have to wait for your programming skills or the game's creators to get through their list of dreams first. Its their **** game after all.

An unlimited world would just take a lot of processing power I imagine... which not as a complaint but as an observation the game seems to be very taxing on processing power as it is.

Overpowered weapons would break the whole gameplay I think. I think there is already a mod for that. Presumably there will be more mods for the game that will expand upon this idea... and for a lark it may be nice... but with most games once the challenge is removed the fun is quickly cheapened and minimized for me. Whats the fun of lurking about if you have a platoon of troops and attack helicopters at your command? [Okay maybe I exaggerate, I have a blast cheating and editing games for fun, I may enjoy it in some games more than the actual game itself. But games that are just semantics and too easy just don't appeal to me... or games that require very little intellectual input or output.]

As for a game narrative... I think that is a work in process and will eventually/is already a moddable topic.

Is this just like...

Military Aid. Check

DLC... Check

I agree with the zombified soldiers for the chance of better armor and some beat up weapons that have ok stats. Besides that i say no to the rest due to them being a big NO on the forums page.

i saw multiple servers in the past with the map literally cleared, people asking "is there even a signle zed left?" all the time.
even with respawn on, the point is that it's their world, they are out there hunting, and as it is of now, humans are overpowered, so that adding anything useful for combat and common as a loot will always be a no, right now (mostly in multiplayer), you still see humans hunting zombies and zombies respawning but still being the prey. firespread is already broken enough, there are plenty of places where to find guns, you don't need more firepower, there are mechanics to make the experience better to be added, but the core need to be that you feel hunted all the time, this can't change. you know that once something exist, people will exploit it. imagine if you add the hairpsray flamethrower, you think that because you have one, you'll use it once, but i can assure you that people would play in order to gather hundreds of them and then hunt the zombies like animals, wich is no way close th the intention of devs

i saw multiple servers in the past with the map literally cleared, people asking "is there even a signle zed left?" all the time.

even with respawn on, the point is that it's their world, they are out there hunting, and as it is of now, humans are overpowered, so that adding anything useful for combat and common as a loot will always be a no, right now (mostly in multiplayer), you still see humans hunting zombies and zombies respawning but still being the prey. firespread is already broken enough, there are plenty of places where to find guns, you don't need more firepower, there are mechanics to make the experience better to be added, but the core need to be that you feel hunted all the time, this can't change. you know that once something exist, people will exploit it. imagine if you add the hairpsray flamethrower, you think that because you have one, you'll use it once, but i can assure you that people would play in order to gather hundreds of them and then hunt the zombies like animals, wich is no way close th the intention of devs

Zombie respawn doesn't function in multiplayer, so moot point that few exist on high peak number servers. Instead it's up to the administration to manually repopulate the world, or at least shut down the server and remove the relevant files.

Fire against zombies has already been heavily nerfed as to make it an inefficient tactic.

I just don't know what your point is.

DLC will not be being made for Project Zomboid.

yeah, yeah, i heard    :-|

the devs have such a rigid and unchangeable idea in their mind i wonder why bother having the suggestion form in the first place?

Don't like new ideas about zombies that aren't done often.

Don't like reasonable things real people actually do (Hairspray flamethrowers and other seemingly reasonable items) 

Absolutely reject any idea of a not horriffic and bad ending.

Refuse to change their minds about any idea.

I mean even miniscule things like disinfectant lowering the chance of infection they won't even consider.

I don't mean to disrespect the devs or anybody at all with this.

I just don't see many of the suggestions ever having a chance in hell of actually getting in this game with such a strict set of standards.

Just because you're ignorant of things the devs have changed their minds about in the past, doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Might be worth doing your research before making untrue claims about the devs not listening to ideas. There have been many, many times where they considered an idea and changed their minds about it. In fact, they even took the time to discuss randomly generated maps at one point. There's several other examples. They have, in fact, been very flexible and willing to listen to ideas.

Just because they don't listen to your personal ideas doesn't give you the right to judge them. I think you're being just a little bit entitled here: they are the devs of the game, and they're very generous about spending their time in this community and posting about suggestions. As Realmkeeper said, you basically took a long list of "No" items that they've already taken the time to discuss and consider and then posted them all together. What were you expecting? I'm sure if you posted an original idea rather than one that's already been trotted over hundreds of times in the last few years, more people might be willing to discuss it.

Zombie respawn doesn't function in multiplayer, so moot point that few exist on high peak number servers. Instead it's up to the administration to manually repopulate the world, or at least shut down the server and remove the relevant files.

Fire against zombies has already been heavily nerfed as to make it an inefficient tactic.

I just don't know what your point is.

the admin can set the zombie respawn iirc, wich is great. fire spread is broken, even if it takes a lot to kill zeds this way, people on mp trolls or accidentally burn the world, you can use a single areosolo bomb out on the grass and you have enough firepower to burn a horde, you just have to lure them carefully and run around for a couple of hours, it's broken because you can either burn the world or have fire spread off, it needs more balance on this part. and my point is that we don't need hypermega cannons or machnegun or riding spitfires dragon to make the game cool, humans are already powerful enough to overtake the map, so i don't like the part where they discussed about military stuff available or military troops helping. maybe i can't speak that well but i thought it was clear that i'm voting for more complex zombies and no more advantages to humans for now, i wanted to say if some of those no are there because hard or impossible to implement, others are there because they'd break the gameplay

2011-2015 we're still in alpha, then there is a beta, then there is 1.0, then there is DLCs, if this game has enough sales, thats very very very future imagination. Chances are we'll be playing skyrim 3, half-life 4, and fallout 5 by then. 

You mean The Elder Scrolls VIII, right?

2011-2015 we're still in alpha, then there is a beta, then there is 1.0, then there is DLCs, if this game has enough sales, thats very very very future imagination. Chances are we'll be playing skyrim 3, half-life 4, and fallout 5 by then. 

You mean The Elder Scrolls VIII, right?

Whatever it'll be as long as its not a MMO.

I used to play this game called Rifts, back before this fancy smanshy computer thing. It was a role playing game for power gamers. The world was imaginative, and our dungeon master let us do whatever we wanted. Anything. We never lost a battle. Hell I never lost a hit point. We had amazing loot.

I quit in a week.

Power gaming is boring. We got everything we wanted right there when we wanted it, and none of it was pleasing because we never earned it.

I used to play this game called Rifts, back before this fancy smanshy computer thing. It was a role playing game for power gamers. The world was imaginative, and our dungeon master let us do whatever we wanted. Anything. We never lost a battle. Hell I never lost a hit point. We had amazing loot.

I quit in a week.

Power gaming is boring. We got everything we wanted right there when we wanted it, and none of it was pleasing because we never earned it.

Do not see a connection to anything that was said here or is that a warning that imagination leads to boredom?

I quit in a week.

As our friends the Dorfs put it...

start-over-and-remember-losing-is-fun-1.

I quit in a week.

Do not see a connection to anything that was said here or is that a warning that imagination leads to boredom?

I'm sorry you can't see the connection.

Also I put commas in there so you could read it as "the world was imaginative PAUSE (no correlation) and our dungeon master let us do what we want" Not trying to be a grammar nazi, because it is technically grammatically incorrect, but I was clearly making distinction between those things.