Bikes and shopping carts

lampdude45

So it makes sense to me, that in all these neighborhoods and food stores, there should be some bikes and shopping carts around

I think it would both add to realism and just a decent way of travelling

something like this would help a lot in travelling across town, and it wouldnt make things too easy either. You would move faster than walking( maybe around sprinting speed) and have a 'sprint' option while on the bike. it would let you travel faster than a regular sprint at the same exhaustion costs. 

off this idea i think there could be different types of bikes to be found. Like a street bicycle that really only works on roads (probably the fastest), a mountain bike that can go everywhere, and even a bike with a basket or something attached. 

these could also provide another use for the screwdriver, which is sorta useless if you dont use guns. Use the screw driver to attach baskets to bikes. Fix tires, Attach a flashlight to the front. etc.

shopping carts could provide a mobile container, very useful in large hauls. But also very loud to push down a street. (in MP maybe end up with Caravans and guards roaming around).

what do you all think?

• 4 weeks later...

Can't wait to have bikes in game. Silent, don't need power to take you places, and quite easy to maintain. And shopping cart would be perfect when you're raiding a supermarket for supplies. Even better, though, would be having a shopping cart pulled by chained zombies, with the driver being the BAIT. That would be terribly out of place, though! :D

Can't wait to have bikes in game. Silent, don't need power to take you places, and quite easy to maintain. And shopping cart would be perfect when you're raiding a supermarket for supplies. Even better, though, would be having a shopping cart pulled by chained zombies, with the driver being the BAIT. That would be terribly out of place, though! :D

So you would have to have the zombies push you if you were the bait.

So you would have to have the zombies push you if you were the bait.

Not at all! You would comfortably sit on a wheeled chair in front of the contraption, steel or aluminum beams (sturdy but light) connecting it to a wider beam where the zombies are chained. Behind them there would be... more wheels. Steering wheels would do the, uh, steering. Yeah.

At this point, we've given up worrying about suggestions coming up multiple times. We'd definitely prefer people bumped existing threads if they're adding something new, but otherwise we're taking a fairly let-it-be approach right now.

Also, Silents, please leave moderation to the mods. If you think someone is doing something they oughtn't, just hit the report button on the thread and move on.

At this point, we've given up worrying about suggestions coming up multiple times. We'd definitely prefer people bumped existing threads if they're adding something new, but otherwise we're taking a fairly let-it-be approach right now.

Also, Silents, please leave moderation to the mods. If you think someone is doing something they oughtn't, just hit the report button on the thread and move on.

Ok i find this to be better than having to go through the hundreds of forums to find something to add a tiny little thing.

Ok i find this to be better than having to go through the hundreds of forums to find something to add a tiny little thing.

I agree that it's much nicer, especially for newer people on the forums. It still is better to at least try and search. :) You don't have to go through all the topics and find it from the thousands of threads. Just click the magnifying glass and type bicycle or bike. Most likely a topic can be found on the first page.

And now back to the topic:

EDIT: added not necessarily safe for work spoiler :-| 

Not attempting to argue, specifically with you. But I do remember being told as long as I was nice about it and provided links and a nice manner It was fine.

Given I have done it dozens upon dozens of times before only to be encouraged to do it further with people liking my posts, and having general approval overall. I will stop but you might want to adjust the posting suggestions and rules to reflect this change.

This conversation got weird. I was just going to say that if you had a shopping cart you could tip it over and hide underneath it until reinforcements arrived. Also how do you search for threads like that? Do you just go through and read all the taglines?

I shall share my magical tips of finding a dozen threads to show you. Up in the corner do you see the search bar?

You wanted carts, and given I have been here since the forum was made, I tend to know if an idea was made, BUT. Just type carts. It will show results of titles and descriptions along with mentions. Same goes for armor, more guns (not another one please)

Simply put if you have anything to add to that thread that hasn't been mentioned then post away, reviving isn't a problem. But you have to understand that if you don't the devs already saw it, they are really connected to the community.

It sucks but it is more fun to find new ideas.

Granted you mentioned hiding under a cart, don't recall that one. Wouldn't the zombies see you?

This conversation got weird. I was just going to say that if you had a shopping cart you could tip it over and hide underneath it until reinforcements arrived. Also how do you search for threads like that? Do you just go through and read all the taglines?

I shall share my magical tips of finding a dozen threads to show you. Up in the corner do you see the search bar?

You wanted carts, and given I have been here since the forum was made, I tend to know if an idea was made, BUT. Just type carts. It will show results of titles and descriptions along with mentions. Same goes for armor, more guns (not another one please)

Simply put if you have anything to add to that thread that hasn't been mentioned then post away, reviving isn't a problem. But you have to understand that if you don't the devs already saw it, they are really connected to the community.

Granted you mentioned hiding under a cart, don't recall that one. Wouldn't the zombies see you?

Ah, I didn't see that search button. I was looking in the white part of the forums for a "search". Thanks.

Also yes the zombies would see you. You'd also have to put like a bar in it to hold it down so they wouldn't just tip it over and eat you. It'd be like a last ditch effort to wait for help.

Ah, I didn't see that search button. I was looking in the white part of the forums for a "search". Thanks.

Also yes the zombies would see you. You'd also have to put like a bar in it to hold it down so they wouldn't just tip it over and eat you. It'd be like a last ditch effort to wait for help.

I can see it maybe, but honestly they could tip it over with or without a bar, you would have a better chance just running somewhere.

Wire%20Shopping%20Cart%20160L%2045%20deg

I just don't see an adult fitting in there well and not have a horde tip it over or put enough pressure onto it to start crushing the player. Plus you can get scratched through easily.