Kerbal Madness

EnigmaGrey

OMG how do I enjoy this game. I end up making a rocket, it launches, it blows up/goes into space, then I get bored and leave. The hell am I doing wrong?

Sounds like frustration?

Or your not setting goals for yourself which could be it. I know I had a large stint of not playing it simply because there was no constraints. I'm playing with the Mission Controller Extended which in combination with career mode adds financial management to the game, causing you to be extra careful in everything you do and it also helps to learn the game also in small steps. It also gives you missions to do.

Only problem with it is that it adds a lot of frustration when things go wrong and you can lose a lot of money if your not in test mode.

So I went back to the drawing board on my Lander, and came up with this - *separation

screenshot7_zps93c912e9.jpg

It's designed to return from the Mun unlike the previous design. Only downside is that it has no energy banks, so it can't transmit anything bigger than 10 packets because of its limited power. Did this to keep the mass down and since its designed to return, having extra banks is a waste. It does have a capacitor in the event hat I need an extra boost. Its also got side mounted mini-boosters that last for about 6 seconds, giving it that extra fuel saving on leaving the Mun.

Here's the payload rocket which has multiple separation stages -

screenshot9_zpsefb1cb60.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love KSP. However, the widows and children of my poor brave kerbalnauts must hate me. My bodycount must already be reaching Norris proportions.

I've only been playing it for a few weeks. Can just about orbit around Kerbal most of the time, and have made it to the moon once and landed mostly intact.

Before I actually get any better at the game, for posterity I will be starting a Youtube series of "geordie space programme" with my best mate in the next few weeks, will shamelessly post links if anyone would like to watch once we're up and running :)

I love KSP. However, the widows and children of my poor brave kerbalnauts must hate me. My bodycount must already be reaching Norris proportions.

I've only been playing it for a few weeks. Can just about orbit around Kerbal most of the time, and have made it to the moon once and landed mostly intact.

Before I actually get any better at the game, for posterity I will be starting a Youtube series of "geordie space programme" with my best mate in the next few weeks, will shamelessly post links if anyone would like to watch once we're up and running :)

Oh, for sure!

Kerbal always makes me feel like crap, since I can never actually get to the moon.  :cry:

Very easy with MechJeb since it does the flying and planning for you. ;)

B-b-but, watching your anticipation and expectation crash in to the rocks or your EVA-suited kerbal floating endlessly away in to deep space is half the fun *whimper*

Dammit, you guys. I need to avoid reading any threads of games you guys play because every single time I do my brain just screams WANT and doesn't leave me alone until my wallet gets lighter. At least there's a playable version of this one out as opposed to No Man's Sky which wasn't even anywhere near approaching a public alpha last time I checked.

Once I get some spare change I'll have to get this.

He's leaving quite a big mess behind. But hey, who cares? Aliens? Mwaahaa!

GntUPIB.png

But Bill and Bob are still in Orbit around Duna in their Science and Refuel Station. Will they be able to make it home alive as well?

reqyPGF.png

To be continued...

Another Mission:

Two manned ships ready to deploy to investigate Jool's moons. They don't land but will gather lots of scientific data and scans from their surface and will fly back to Kerbin on their own atomics! And you better don't ask me how I got a JumboMax-Tank to Jool that carried 2 small ships :D

VN1nsUl.png