ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

Out of curiosity: Is the mod already compatible with the latest build 33.20 ? Tried it, but I don't think it is activated at all- thing is, it seems none of my mods are activated. Even if I toggle them in the menu they seem to be un-toggled again the next time I look. Now I am not sure if this is a problem on my end of if the mods simply aren't compatible yet.

You know, I have no idea... I have been too busy to code or play this game since the update...

I would rrrrrreeeeaaaaally want an SKS, but I cannot find one out there (checked Gun Shop and Shooting Range)

Is there a way to cheat it?

Currently the "end" key will give you everything in the mod. So you will have to drop a lot of stuff, but such is the price of a free SKS :)

EDIT: Or you can find the file in which the End key function is and remove all the items but the SKS then use it. Its an adventure in coding!

ORMtnMan, did someone ever tell you that you are a great Mod developer? You are. I love you and your mod.

Out of curiosity: Is the mod already compatible with the latest build 33.20 ? Tried it, but I don't think it is activated at all- thing is, it seems none of my mods are activated. Even if I toggle them in the menu they seem to be un-toggled again the next time I look. Now I am not sure if this is a problem on my end of if the mods simply aren't compatible yet.

You know, I have no idea... I have been too busy to code or play this game since the update...

I would rrrrrreeeeaaaaally want an SKS, but I cannot find one out there (checked Gun Shop and Shooting Range)

Is there a way to cheat it?

Currently the "end" key will give you everything in the mod. So you will have to drop a lot of stuff, but such is the price of a free SKS :)

EDIT: Or you can find the file in which the End key function is and remove all the items but the SKS then use it. Its an adventure in coding!

ORMtnMan, did someone ever tell you that you are a great Mod developer? You are. I love you and your mod.

Lol, thanks! You're making my head too big to fit out the door.

In all seriousness though, I am a product of those around me, we have a great community of modders here and I am glad I get to be a part of it.

Well, found out about it on my own now: The current version of this mod is compatible.

Well, found out about it on my own now: The current version of this mod is compatible.

Good! I am not sure how the mod would not be compatible because as I have said most (like 90% or more) of the code is insular. The IS guys could change drastically how some of the base code works which would kill this iteration of the game. They haven't revisited the reloading code though, so, I think we are safe for now.

Any chance for a quick and dirty sound fix while we patiently wait for new version (of your awesome mod)?

Maybe could make all ORGM guns sound like vanilla varients or something? Is spooky in multiplayer when everyone's packing silenced rifles xD.

Lol, unfortunately no, if someone wants to post a fix, I will put it up but with my busy work season I barely have the time to code the new version

Thanks for the kind words though!

Any chance for a quick and dirty sound fix while we patiently wait for new version (of your awesome mod)?

Maybe could make all ORGM guns sound like vanilla varients or something? Is spooky in multiplayer when everyone's packing silenced rifles xD.

Lol, unfortunately no, if someone wants to post a fix, I will put it up but with my busy work season I barely have the time to code the new version

exactly what files/variables are wrong? I can take a look (only if I know where to look :P)

I just compare the script files, and all the vars looks reasonable compared to official weapons.. so, where's the error? do you use a custom sound manager?

I think that I find the errors

Old way to reproduce a sound on weapons (your way):

getSoundManager():PlayWorldSound(self.insertSound, char:getSquare(), 0, 10, 1.0, false);

New way:

char:playSound(self.insertSound, false)
Edited by francogp

Can you test this on multiplayer? I fix a lot of sound calls, but not sure if they are all fixed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9ar2rkb4y5mmic/ORGM%20sound%20fix.ZIP?dl=0

Can you test this on multiplayer? I fix a lot of sound calls, but not sure if they are all fixed.

I can confirm that this does work in singleplayer, however I am unable to test in multiplayer. 

However regardless, thank you sir for doing this, I'll post again if I find any issues with this.

Also I also found what I think is a bug (I'm fairly certain it's unrelated to the sounds) involving the AR-15 in which I couldn't insert or eject the magazine when I turned both the magazine and the AR-15 to 5.56 rounds. It seems that for some reason when the AR-15 is converted to 5.56 it no longer holds any magazine. (The ammo counter disappears on the weapon description).

exactly what files/variables are wrong? I can take a look (only if I know where to look :P)

I just compare the script files, and all the vars looks reasonable compared to official weapons.. so, where's the error? do you use a custom sound manager?

I think that I find the errors

Old way to reproduce a sound on weapons (your way):

getSoundManager():PlayWorldSound(self.insertSound, char:getSquare(), 0, 10, 1.0, false);

New way:

char:playSound(self.insertSound, false)

Nice! I can't test it myself because 1. I don't play multiplayer and 2. I don't have the time at the moment.

Let me know if it works and I will put it up as a hotfix with credit to you.

Crazy Ideas no one would/could ever code #1

Single Action/SA/Doubleaction Triggers.

Cock the hammer of a revolver, get a slight accuracy bonus!

Shoot a Double Action Gun, get a slight decrease because of the pull.

That is more doable than you think, I already have a forced "rack" for single action revolvers, it is not difficult to give the option for an optional "rack" to get a slight bonus on the shot.

I'll try to remember to do that.

I say "rack" because it uses the same script/triggers/hooks as shotgun racking without chambering a round.

I can confirm that this does work in singleplayer, however I am unable to test in multiplayer. 

However regardless, thank you sir for doing this, I'll post again if I find any issues with this.

Also I also found what I think is a bug (I'm fairly certain it's unrelated to the sounds) involving the AR-15 in which I couldn't insert or eject the magazine when I turned both the magazine and the AR-15 to 5.56 rounds. It seems that for some reason when the AR-15 is converted to 5.56 it no longer holds any magazine. (The ammo counter disappears on the weapon description).

Ugh, one of those problems with doing weapon replacements to do ammo changes/fire modes... This will not be a problem in the next version :)

Crazy Ideas no one would/could ever code #2

Tape a Magazin onto another to fasten reloading.

Also doable, There can be a crafting recipe with tape and 2 mags, I will already have a code to transfer mag size to the gun to allow for multiple mag types. however it would not just be faster reloading, it would have two ammo tables as opposed to one. , then have a quick transfer action between the two tables.

Also, there are mag clips that do the same thing without tape.

That will be something for later though. let me get the basic reload done.

Can you make everything spawn a lot less. There are so many guns and ammo online its insane. Everyone has massive store rooms just for the these, and would make it a bit more interesting for them to be more prized items.

Are you using the "good luck" perk? that is changing all your probabilities to 0.1 if they was originally lower. That mess up all the "special" items rarity.

Can you make everything spawn a lot less. There are so many guns and ammo online its insane. Everyone has massive store rooms just for the these, and would make it a bit more interesting for them to be more prized items.

Are you using the "good luck" perk? that is changing all your probabilities to 0.1 if they was originally lower. That mess up all the "special" items rarity.

Also, I will eventually put in a tie to the normal item rarity, that will be done eventually. Changing the rarity in one direction will always make a group of users angry so, might as well add in the ability for them to choose for themselves.

Also, I will eventually put in a tie to the normal item rarity, that will be done eventually. Changing the rarity in one direction will always make a group of users angry so, might as well add in the ability for them to choose for themselves.

That'd be pretty gnarly, honestly.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, ORMtnMan said:

Awesome, I will put it on the main post!

if you want to revise the list of guns that it can be attached to thats fine just send mea new list.  I basically made it attachable to any rilfe or pistol i think.  But I am no firearm expert.

5 hours ago, nolanri said:

if you want to revise the list of guns that it can be attached to thats fine just send mea new list.  I basically made it attachable to any rilfe or pistol i think.  But I am no firearm expert.

Don't worry about it, once I finally finish my next update, hopefully this will be obsolete because I will be implementing a whole new attachment systems.

This is a good stop-gap measure for a lot of people

S&W M&P 9 Shield

9mm Compact

Pros: Small, slim, light, great handling for fast aiming and target acquisition, and good recoil.

Mags are easy to load, requiring less force than most pistols I've handled.

Cons: Small mag size 7 or 8 (standard, extended) very hard slide pull. So a longer racking time than most pistols.

Edited by BoogieMan

2 hours ago, BoogieMan said:

S&W M&P 9 Shield

9mm Compact

Pros: Small, slim, light, great handling for fast aiming and target acquisition, and good recoil.

Mags are easy to load, requiring less force than most pistols I've handled.

Cons: Small mag size 7 or 8 (standard, extended) very hard slide pull. So a longer racking time than most pistols.

I had the basic M&P 9 on the list but I'll add the compact version sure. It's on the list.