ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

The Russian RPK with a 75 round drum might be a nice addition to use up some more of that 7.62x39 and having a Russian equivalent of the M249

EDIT: Found another good gun 

You could add the PKM MG which is a good weapon to use up your 7.62x59 (I think thats the ammo) with a 100 round ammunition box that could also compete with the military M249 (The PKM also uses 7.62x54 i don't know if that's ingame either)

Edited by Queen Glory

22 hours ago, Queen Glory said:

The Russian RPK with a 75 round drum might be a nice addition to use up some more of that 7.62x39 and having a Russian equivalent of the M249

EDIT: Found another good gun 

You could add the PKM MG which is a good weapon to use up your 7.62x59 (I think thats the ammo) with a 100 round ammunition box that could also compete with the military M249 (The PKM also uses 7.62x54 i don't know if that's ingame either)

I can add the RPK. I had the RPK-74 which uses the 5.45. As for the PKM, I already have it under the new model version the PKP Pecheneg. Similar to the AK-47 to AKM, modernized parts, and nobody produces the older versions.

21 minutes ago, ORMtnMan said:

I can add the RPK. I had the RPK-74 which uses the 5.45. As for the PKM, I already have it under the new model version the PKP Pecheneg. Similar to the AK-47 to AKM, modernized parts, and nobody produces the older versions.

Thanks man, Cheers

The real reason I keep suggesting guns is because I'm clearly hoplophilic. Also I'm bored and the tournament tonight was canceled.

I've found a decent group of law enforcement pistols from the people at Kriss, more specifically their newest models of the SDP line.

SDP .45 -  This gun, while appearing to be a subgun, is classified by the ATF as a pistol, more importantly, it weighs 5.9 lbs,  fires in auto and semi, 1,200 RPM. The internals are based on the Vector SMG, the only difference really is the exclusion of the stock and the compatibility with glock magazines, something all these pistols share. Very clearly, this one in particular is chambered for .45 ACP,  has complete compatibility with G21 mags, and comes with its own 25 round magazine, which of course can be loaded into a G21. The saving grace of these guns is that they are all law enforcement pistols, so it will take a while to find before you can load extended magazines into your glocks.

SDP Gen II - Much like the one above, and very much so statistically alike, weighs 5.9 lbs, 1,200 RPM and semi, no stock. Only difference from the gun above is that it is chambered in 9x19, so instead of full G21

11 hours ago, KINGKICKASS1552 said:

The real reason I keep suggesting guns is because I'm clearly hoplophilic. Also I'm bored and the tournament tonight was canceled.

I've found a decent group of law enforcement pistols from the people at Kriss, more specifically their newest models of the SDP line.

SDP .45 -  This gun, while appearing to be a subgun, is classified by the ATF as a pistol, more importantly, it weighs 5.9 lbs,  fires in auto and semi, 1,200 RPM. The internals are based on the Vector SMG, the only difference really is the exclusion of the stock and the compatibility with glock magazines, something all these pistols share. Very clearly, this one in particular is chambered for .45 ACP,  has complete compatibility with G21 mags, and comes with its own 25 round magazine, which of course can be loaded into a G21. The saving grace of these guns is that they are all law enforcement pistols, so it will take a while to find before you can load extended magazines into your glocks.

SDP Gen II - Much like the one above, and very much so statistically alike, weighs 5.9 lbs, 1,200 RPM and semi, no stock. Only difference from the gun above is that it is chambered in 9x19, so instead of full G21

The Kriss Vector is already in, I think both semi and auto. I'll look into adding the SDP

Sorry about that, my computer decided to develop sentience and post that while I was in the middle of writing it, and it powered off by itself when I tried to correct it. It was intended to be much larger, but I'm going to have to take this machine in for repairs before it starts a robot uprising. Also it's pretty damaged, so it's probably going to be a while before I can actually write up what the full suggestion was supposed to be. Sorry for taking up the space, I'll write the rest of it up in notepad when I can and copy paste it in when I'm done to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Edited by KINGKICKASS1552

1 hour ago, KINGKICKASS1552 said:

Sorry about that, my computer decided to develop sentience and post that while I was in the middle of writing it, and it powered off by itself when I tried to correct it. It was intended to be much larger, but I'm going to have to take this machine in for repairs before it starts a robot uprising. Also it's pretty damaged, so it's probably going to be a while before I can actually write up what the full suggestion was supposed to be. Sorry for taking up the space, I'll write the rest of it up in notepad when I can and copy paste it in when I'm done to make sure that doesn't happen again.

No prob! I always look forward to your input! I am a bit of a gun fanatic myself, though more in the conceptual sense, being a real one is expensive. lol

I love the mechanism and different variations and operations of guns. Do I ever want to be using them on people (as a soldier, police officer or dirty harry style self defense) or anything but targets? No, but I still love them.

That is why I like in depth gun mods.

I like guns too. But I live in Germany. We are more restrictive with our gun law than the USA. You are just allowed to shoot and own a gun if you are in a "Schützenverein" (Gun Club) and if you are over 26 Years old. Under 26 you are just allowed to shoot KK (Kleinkaliber; .22 and smaller)

I shot a 9mm in a "Schützenverein" but I am not allowed to regulary do it because I am under 26.

And thats the reason why I love your mod @ORMtMan.

Maybe a long term goal could be adding in "Reloading" here you could make your own bullets right? it's pretty popular and cheaper than buying them and could make it easier to get those less obtainable bullets, like seperatly getting bullets, gunpowder, The Primer i think it's called and the shell casing which under some circumstances can be resusable and it would be a good way to upgrade your reloading skill in game right? I don't know i think it's a great idea and maybe one that could be implenmented in the future!

4 hours ago, Queen Glory said:

Maybe a long term goal could be adding in "Reloading" here you could make your own bullets right? it's pretty popular and cheaper than buying them and could make it easier to get those less obtainable bullets, like seperatly getting bullets, gunpowder, The Primer i think it's called and the shell casing which under some circumstances can be resusable and it would be a good way to upgrade your reloading skill in game right? I don't know i think it's a great idea and maybe one that could be implenmented in the future!

Reloading is on the docket already, but a bit down the road. Ammo is technically sustainable due to zombie spawning.

1 hour ago, Queen Glory said:

Whats gonna be added in the new version?

A whole new reloading mechanic that allows for multiple ammo types of the same caliber and multiple calibers in guns that allow it without "conversion" in game. That is the major change, along with a bunch of new guns. Also, all the other fixes I need to catch up on.

I was planning on putting in the new modification system in this next update, but I might make that the next one after that.

1 hour ago, Queen Glory said:

Any chance when it becomes possible we can get an AT-4 rocket launcher?

Not at least for now. I am trying to stay away from explosives. I barely have time to get the conventional firearms down ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Edit: whoops, wrong stat, they do actually have different sound radius values...

no idea what 'soundvolume' does then...

Excellent mod, tricky to get started with, and I still run into errors all the time but nothing really game-breaking as far as i can tell.

One thing that really irks me though is the lack of effort put into sound-draw...something that could give all calibers a purpose within certain skill/danger ranges. It seems you just went and set all the pistols to 75 or 85, all the revolvers smgs and SNIPER/ASSAULT RIFLES to 75...and shotguns to 200.....

This doesn't seem very balanced at all, and starting out using a .22 caliber weapon if it draws less zombies seems sensible until you can handle the aggro without drawing the entire map towards you. I'm no gun expert, as much as i appreciate them, yet I'm sure a .22 round doesn't make as much noise as a 7.62 or a .45, right? (I just went to look it up, and apparantly shotguns actually make LESS noise than many pistol calibers out there...so if you're going for unrealism for the sake of balance, it'd be nice if weaksauce guns like .22 and such didn't make as much noise as everything else out there, so that they could be used for training/around bases more often).

Other than that, I'm having fun getting myself killed over and over in hardcore...seriously, guns are a death sentence in this game =P

Edited by Silverbird

First of all I want to say AWESOME mod. I love it and thank you guys for taking the time to make it. My only issue is that there are so little resources regarding the gun mods. I can't seem to see the difference in having a normal scope or red dot, or a laser, etc. The modification red dot sight says I will be able to see a red dot (since aiming right now I have to stare at my character and see if the gun is pointing in the general direction of the zombie and hope it hits).  I'm trying to better my aiming (not the skill since I'm already over 6). Can I get an in more depth to the gun mods? Which sight is better? 

3 hours ago, a.bashinskiy@yahoo.com said:

First of all I want to say AWESOME mod. I love it and thank you guys for taking the time to make it. My only issue is that there are so little resources regarding the gun mods. I can't seem to see the difference in having a normal scope or red dot, or a laser, etc. The modification red dot sight says I will be able to see a red dot (since aiming right now I have to stare at my character and see if the gun is pointing in the general direction of the zombie and hope it hits).  I'm trying to better my aiming (not the skill since I'm already over 6). Can I get an in more depth to the gun mods? Which sight is better? 

It's worth noting that you don't actually have to aim directly at zombies, just in their general direction.  If you open up full auto on a crowd without adjusting your aim, you're pretty likely to hit most of them.

10 hours ago, a.bashinskiy@yahoo.com said:

You dont actually see the red dot on the red dot sight ,thats just the description for the type of sight ,you get bonus's to hit at different ranges with the different type of sights - red dot and reflex for closer ranges and faster target acquisition and the others for longer range ,also when you hold the right button to aim wait a couple of seconds before firing for max benefit.

On 4/27/2016 at 10:07 AM, Silverbird said:

Edit: whoops, wrong stat, they do actually have different sound radius values...

no idea what 'soundvolume' does then...

Excellent mod, tricky to get started with, and I still run into errors all the time but nothing really game-breaking as far as i can tell.

One thing that really irks me though is the lack of effort put into sound-draw...something that could give all calibers a purpose within certain skill/danger ranges. It seems you just went and set all the pistols to 75 or 85, all the revolvers smgs and SNIPER/ASSAULT RIFLES to 75...and shotguns to 200.....

This doesn't seem very balanced at all, and starting out using a .22 caliber weapon if it draws less zombies seems sensible until you can handle the aggro without drawing the entire map towards you. I'm no gun expert, as much as i appreciate them, yet I'm sure a .22 round doesn't make as much noise as a 7.62 or a .45, right? (I just went to look it up, and apparantly shotguns actually make LESS noise than many pistol calibers out there...so if you're going for unrealism for the sake of balance, it'd be nice if weaksauce guns like .22 and such didn't make as much noise as everything else out there, so that they could be used for training/around bases more often).

Other than that, I'm having fun getting myself killed over and over in hardcore...seriously, guns are a death sentence in this game =P

That is how the guns were balanced in the vanilla game. I haven't gone through and done a rebalance of sound. You make a fair point for me to do so, when I get the time.

16 hours ago, a.bashinskiy@yahoo.com said:

I'm working on adding more mods in a future iteration. However I will also point out that the aiming mechanics of the game just don't work that way. As Fuji hinted it is not like the twin stick shooters in which you get your target line on a zombie and fire, then it hits.

How the game works (something I can't change because it is hardcoded) is as follows:

- First, the guns have aim arcs. So for instance, a high powered rifle may only have a 5 degree arc. This means that from the point of origin, your spread if a 5 degree sliver of a circle around you.

- Second, there is the hit chance combined with the hit chance per skill point. These add together to show your character's accuracy.

- Third there is a number of projectiles variable which details how many bullets are fired in one shot. Most guns shot a single projectile, but, shotguns shoot many.

- Fourth, there is your min/max range. These numbers make it impossible/nearly impossible to hit outside that range.

- So when you aim and pull the trigger, the game gets all those variables together. Gets all the zombies in your aim arc, checks if they are within the range values, then rolls to see if you hit.

That is why it would not make sense to have an aim-pointer on the screen. Not to mention I don't think there is a way to render one. Though, I have not looked into that.