IWBUMS RELEASED - Build 25 v2 - With 3D MODELS!

lemmy101

Lots of change -- now there's no error. :cool:  But, obviously, there's still something wrong. :cry: 

Go to the installation directory of ProjectZomboid (wherever your Steam folder is) and run the ProjectZomboid32.bat Take a screenshot of it after it crashes.

Out of curiosity, does that ARB fix EasyPickins posted have any effect (note, there's a folder in that file -- you'll have to take it out and paste it over the zomboid folder, overwriting when asked). Might also have to add line break before PAUSE in the bat file.

This build is running really well even on native monitor resolution and visually it looks far superior. Haven't noticed any bugs apart from the already mentioned ones (yet, played only a short time).

The only real issue I had with this is that the view fade-in delay is a bit high, e.g. when turning or entering a new room via a closed door, the black fog lifts slower than it used to in 2D.

Edit: I presume you will smooth the lighting of the floor tiles? Is the floor a mesh now too? That means there is possibly going to be a height map for the terrain? I'm envisioning grand things... new 3D system, oh yeah!

Last edit: Played again, for a bit longer this time. Don't mind what I said about the fog, guess I was just imagining things.

Alright to sum this up

I put the thingy into the directory, ran the .bat and for whatever reason theres a transparent square in the main menu. Anyway starting survival again, the part of the loading screen where the text would be was just a white rectangle, and well. The game stopped responding and I had to force it to close..

Hes a screenie of the console.

Wee.png

1) zoom works ONLY after I turn it off and on in options menu;

2) i can walk through sofa like a ghost. bed, tables and others seems to be normal.

computer: DualCore Intel Pentium E6500, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (512Mb), latest drivers, windows 7 x64, java x86&x64-bit, vc++ 2010 x86&x64

project zomboid: 25-3d

Im probably being really dense here but how do I get access to the latest test with the 3D models?

I have read the disclaimer linked in the original post and I yelled at the PC but nothing happened.

Cheers!

Im probably being really dense here but how do I get access to the latest test with the 3D models?

I have read the disclaimer linked in the original post and I yelled at the PC but nothing happened.

Cheers!

Go re-read it, there's instructions for how to switch branches on Steam and what key you need to use to do so.

Cheers!

Go re-read it, there's instructions for how to switch branches on Steam and what key you need to use to do so.

I knew it...

Said I was being dense didn't I!

hi guys. first let me tell you this game is fuckin awesome, really.

Well, let`s go to the point. In this last version, when i start a new game everything seems to be ok until i get to te "this is how you die" screen. After a while i can hear the music, i can hear my character walking, i can hear the wind blowing, etc. I think i could be the new 3D models, but i could be wrong.

Anyway, when i open the console i get this message repeated continuously: 

mar 23, 2014 11:07:50 PM zombie.iso.sprite.IsoSprite render
SEVERE: null
java.lang.NullPointerException

at zombie.core.skinnedmodel.ModelManager$ModelSlot.Start(ModelManager.ja
va:406)
        at zombie.core.skinnedmodel.ModelManager.DoRender(ModelManager.java:106)

at zombie.core.textures.TextureDraw.run(TextureDraw.java:308)
        at zombie.core.SpriteRenderer$RingBuffer$StateRun.render(SpriteRenderer.
java:554)
        at zombie.core.SpriteRenderer$RingBuffer.render(SpriteRenderer.java:512)

at zombie.core.SpriteRenderer$RingBuffer.add(SpriteRenderer.java:224)
        at zombie.core.SpriteRenderer.build(SpriteRenderer.java:970)
        at zombie.core.SpriteRenderer.postRender(SpriteRenderer.java:1002)
        at zombie.core.opengl.RenderThread$1.run(RenderThread.java:101)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

can anyone help?
Thanks!

This error seems to be caused by offscreen textures not working on your computer.  It's the same reason zoom is disabled for some people.  Assuming you are on Windows, could you extract this ZIP file into the ProjectZomboid directory, and try running the game by double-clicking ARB_FBO.bat?  This is a test to see if using newer OpenGL calls helps anything.

hi, thanks for answering so quickly. i downloaded the zip and done what you said to do. Again i get "freezed" at the "this is how you die" screen, Again i can hear the music and the ambient sound, but the screen is freezed at "loading".

the console gets me this message repeated continuously: 

mar 24, 2014 2:53:18 PM zombie.iso.sprite.IsoSprite render
        at zombie.iso.sprite.IsoSprite.render(IsoSprite.java:1024)
        at zombie.iso.sprite.IsoSprite.render(IsoSprite.java:878)
        at zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter.render(IsoGameCharacter.java:6507)

at zombie.iso.IsoGridSquare.renderCharacters(IsoGridSquare.java:4670)
        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.RenderTiles(IsoCell.java:802)
        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.render(IsoCell.java:4588)
        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.render(IsoWorld.java:1824)
        at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.renderframe(IngameState.java:688)
        at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.render(IngameState.java:789)
        at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.render(GameStateMachine.java:37)
        at zombie.GameWindow.render(GameWindow.java:690)
        at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1177)
        at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:997)
        at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:155)

i think this is because i´m running the game in a laptop (intel graphics chipset) but i don`t know it`s only a supposition.

Well, let`s go to the point. In this last version, when i start a new game everything seems to be ok until i get to te "this is how you die" screen. After a while i can hear the music, i can hear my character walking, i can hear the wind blowing, etc. I think i could be the new 3D models, but i could be wrong.

can anyone help?
Thanks!

This error seems to be caused by offscreen textures not working on your computer.  It's the same reason zoom is disabled for some people.  Assuming you are on Windows, could you extract this ZIP file into the ProjectZomboid directory, and try running the game by double-clicking ARB_FBO.bat?  This is a test to see if using newer OpenGL calls helps anything.

hi, thanks for answering so quickly. i downloaded the zip and done what you said to do. Again i get "freezed" at the "this is how you die" screen, Again i can hear the music and the ambient sound, but the screen is freezed at "loading".

i think this is because i´m running the game in a laptop (intel graphics chipset) but i don`t know it`s only a supposition.

Could you find the console.txt file in %username%\Zomboid and paste it on pastebin.com or in a post inside

[spoiler] ... [/spoiler]

tags.  I'm just wondering if your PC supports FBOs at all.

Loving the new update guys. Like others have said, it really makes the game feel fresh and new in some ways.

I believe I saw someone mention this previous, but I can't be sure, but after playing for a bit I had to make a comment... With the 2D sprite, the characters were right handed. Now with 3D, they are left handed. I don't know if this is because of the new process you use and it inverts/flips the model axis or anything, but it feels odd.

It's nothing major, just a personal thing that can be looked at on a quiet day maybe (quiet day, yea right ;) ).

If this is the case, maybe add it as a feature for character reaction where by you can choose if you're character is left or right handed.

Anyway, keep up the good work and enjoy Rezzed.

Loving the new update guys. Like others have said, it really makes the game feel fresh and new in some ways.

I believe I saw someone mention this previous, but I can't be sure, but after playing for a bit I had to make a comment... With the 2D sprite, the characters were right handed. Now with 3D, they are left handed. I don't know if this is because of the new process you use and it inverts/flips the model axis or anything, but it feels odd.

It's nothing major, just a personal thing that can be looked at on a quiet day maybe (quiet day, yea right ;) ).

If this is the case, maybe add it as a feature for character reaction where by you can choose if you're character is left or right handed.

Anyway, keep up the good work and enjoy Rezzed.

3D sprites are flipped, this is an issue we're aware of :)

Thanks!

can anyone help?
Thanks!

Could you find the console.txt file in %username%\Zomboid and paste it on pastebin.com or in a post inside

[spoiler] ... [/spoiler]

tags.  I'm just wondering if your PC supports FBOs at all.

well, i uninstalled and reinstalled all again. im running the game on it`s last version (iwillbackupmysavefiles, not the 25a build). i also deleted the project zomboid folder and the zomboid folder (c:\users\...) 

the console.txt is here http://pastebin.com/7yrW8Qvd

As usuall thanks for your time and patience :D

With the various OpenGL support issues popping up every now and then, would it be possible to catch related exceptions during game initialization and instead of just closing, throw a dialog that'd tell the user to update their drivers and, if that doesn't work, post on the support forum, and show the stack trace with a nice "copy to clipboard" button to make it easier to provide tech support for these cases?

Sorry, don't know if this has already been asked, but I am working on a 40 x 40 cell map, and I don't want to continue with it in the current version if the 3D will prevent it from working. Will there be an update to the map tools or is this unnecessary? 

Rather not spend 40+ hours into something I can't play on.

Soo anyone know anything about what my issue was? Is.

Eh. Anxious to see the FPS in this update ;-;

The last thing you posted said there was an out-of-memory error, possibly graphics card memory. In that case you could turn the number of models down in the options. Start with "Player only" and work your way up from there.

Maybe im missing something but boarding up windows no longer gives me carpentry experience.

Looks like it's an outcome of that.

Darn, someone finally ousted the best power-training carpentry method. Oh well, guess its time to fill up my safehouse with triple stacked crates, for holding more planks of course.