Do you prefer Survival or Sandbox?

Jarrick

I love the idea behind the Survival gameplay, and it's what I started my career in PZ on.

After dabbling with the sandbox mode, however, I've noticed features that I enjoy quite a bit as well.  Extending shutoff times, raising the zombie population, increasing the amount of loot you find in each building.. There's a lot of great options.

Which do you prefer to play?

I like sandbox because I can create my own, preferred kind of zombie. Instead of the vanilla ones, I like to create zombies that are literally living corpses. Not too smart or strong, but fucking LOADS of them.

Weeeelll I've never dabbled with sandbox and I suspect I will at some stage, but I really love vanilla as it is. Its the perfect Max Brooks simulator I've wanted for many many years, and although its still in development I've had more fun and sunk more time into than a lot of polished AAA releases. 

So yes, vanilla gets my vote, but only really because I haven't tried chocolate. 

Sandbox, because I like the zombies all urban focused and loot set to normal. Also, experimenting with zombie settings and I quite like fast but weak zombies, or the other end of the spectrum. I'm interested what the "everyone is infected" option does. Is it like the Walking Dead where the bite only kills, and killing yourself will make you turn?

I'm interested what the "everyone is infected" option does. Is it like the Walking Dead where the bite only kills, and killing yourself will make you turn?

Yep. It just doesn't do anything yet since there are no other people in the world.

Well obviously sandbox is superior since it gives you more options including default so i guess you mean rather we prefer adjusting the settings or leaving them on normal. So far i prefer normal since 'm still new to the game but after playing it a good dozen of times i'll probably mess with the settings.

I always click sandbox, even if I'm using the proper zombies and settings and stuff. If I change my mind and think "Hey! Make them run! Make them fat and stupid! Make their eyes and ears protrude a foot away from their head!" then I have the freedom to do that.

Offtopic
The last time I was playing, I was playing a sandbox save in which it's rainier out, loot is almost better, starts in March, and the zombies follow me and other things for longer and the fungus/fungal prion causing the infection takes 1-2 weeks to kill

Once I mastered the first week tactics in vanilla I never looked back. I can't even imagine the game without either insane numbers of Zeke, or sprinting, door opening monsters with super human senses, it's too easy to survive if you follow your own rules for safety. But I have more fun dying in a bloody heap as opposed to a pile empty cans of beans and shame...

i heard lots of goods about last of us ... but unfortunately its only a console title ... and i dont really paly console

Edit: name me a triple A shooter for PC that is "polished" ... or at least considerable as "good" 

b2t: 

i prefer to alter the time speed settings ... so i guess my vote goes for sandbox ... 

Sandbox,only because I can change some settings. For example after I played other save with many zombies and electricity on for long time, I got annoyed by alarms of the houses, so I created a new save with same settings expect electricity off.

Sandbox,only because I can change some settings. For example after I played other save with many zombies and electricity on for long time, I got annoyed by alarms of the houses, so I created a new save with same settings expect electricity off.

Well, from what I've seen on Mathas' playthrough that doesn't affect it. Unless that was fixed.

Well, from what I've seen on Mathas' playthrough that doesn't affect it. Unless that was fixed.

Well, for me I haven't activated any alarms when the power is off.

Survival, I think...but if my power and water go out again at the 2 week mark, I may change my mind.

I did play one game in sandbox, and broke the game. I finally got bored and went out in a blaze of shotgun fire.

What's sad is that I had to taunt zombies for about 10 minutes to actually create a horde big enough to overpower me, lol.

(Edit) What I might try sometime is a mod that lets you adjust sandbox settings in-game. I would like to try building a fortress, then setting the zombies to max numbers and make them strong, and see how long I could hold out.

Archived