RELEASED (IWillBackupSaveBranch: Build 25 (SP / MP)

RobertJohnson

Due ? Tried here, i'm in build 24... :(

Try to unistall it, because you can't access any server in build 25 (because all server are still in build 24) :)

I've deleted my local game content, restarted, reinstalled, verified the game cache, and started PZ - but I'm still in build 25!

HACKER ! :D

Damn, I don't have access to this, I'll see with Chris when he come back :)

Even deleting PZ and the entire /Users/UserName/Zomboid folder and then reinstalling still put me back on build 25.

I'll just go off and do something totally different and wait for a resolution to this.

I assume you restarted Steam already?

I restarted Steam several times already.

To be clear, I completely uninstalled PZ (via Steam), deleted the /Users/UserName/Zomboid/ folder, exitied Steam, rebooted my laptop, restarted Steam, installed PZ again, opted in to the onlinetest branch, verified the game cache with no problems, and started up PZ.

But... no change. It's still showing Build 25 in the main menu screen. Did I miss something?

Edited by rorschach

Hey I noticed that the updated graphics aren't in this build, but they were in the closed testing for this build based on the videos I've seen. May I asked what's happening with that?

From the last Mondoid:

Q. What are some of the major bugs holding you back from releasing the 3d sprites? (Armaretta)

Well from a code perspective its that they aren’t showing weapons, a few anim bugs, that overall detract from the models enough that it’s better to go without it for now. But more notably it causes crashes on some people’s machines randomly during play and this certainly needs to be resolved before it goes out..

There’s also a few clipping issues to resolve which weren’t an issue with the current models-processed-into-sprites technique since we could extremely tightly control the way they were rendered without worrying about the effect on performance. It’s not an insurmountable problem by any means, it just means things have to be modelled a little more carefully. Of course, the benefit in terms of animation scope is so huge that it’s worth this additional cost. (Andy)

The fact that they didn't show a character's weapon was an unfair advantage to those who disabled the sprites (as it was an option in the options menu).

That and what Andy (CaptainBinky) said :)

respawn zombies and loot, please? :)

Loot is a 'no', zombies is a 'on the todo list' :-)

Loot, they're looking into other things can do to work around shortages with lots of players. They've made everything a bit more durable - axes etc will last longer than in singleplayer.

And if they use this invincibility to spawn kill ? :D

I'll see with Chris what we can do for the admin command, but I'd like to add a kick/ban command, or other cool stuff like player can't attack, etc.

Ah damn, the reverse angle. I did not think of that xD.

I'm with Eliakoh on the no damage taken in the start area. No matter how hard they swing or how many bullets they pop.

The idea behind this is that even if we get admin commands, we need to be in the game to execute them. We load in, we are dead in 5 seconds and then the game closes....which really.. why does it have to close xD

A more suitable option than simple invulnerability would be no incoming damage from other players and an inability to inflict damage upon any player until the timer wears off. 1 minute, 2, 3, 5, 10... wouldn't matter a damn how long you set your safe respawn timers then. 

Pretty sure the teleporting players is just because of lag. Either it's your connection or theirs, if you connection's good it's probably theirs, since playing on BF4(Damn you EA!) some players randomly teleport even though i got good connection. The evading and dancing are also connection issues.

Other can see you teleporting if your pc run the game with a bad FPS? simply because when you move, it's sent to the server which sent to the other players a representation of your character, so if you lag, you won't sent a lot that you move, resulting in other peeps seeing you teleporting :)

Other can see you teleporting if your pc run the game with a bad FPS? simply because when you move, it's sent to the server which sent to the other players a representation of your character, so if you lag, you won't sent a lot that you move, resulting in other peeps seeing you teleporting :)

So I will forever warp on multiplayer servers because my graphics card is not amazing? That is kind of a bummer.