RELEASED (IWillBackupSaveBranch: Build 25 (SP / MP)

RobertJohnson

the biggest thing holding back the playability of the game (in its current state) in both singleplayer and multiplayer is that zombies dont respawn. I think the loot is fine, i find the lack of food / items to be more realistic, but without any zombies around it just becomes boring and pointless.

the biggest thing holding back the playability of the game (in its current state) in both singleplayer and multiplayer is that zombies dont respawn. I think the loot is fine, i find the lack of food / items to be more realistic, but without any zombies around it just becomes boring and pointless.

Agreed. I actually love the idea of supplies completely running out, and the entire server relying on farming sustainability, with potential crafting and item recycling that could be added in the future. But priority would be those zombies need to start respawning/migrating/whatever you want to call it. Hope devs feel the same.

I know the team is working towards more sustainable multiplayer servers so what can we expect to see of that in build 25? 

A few things I could suggest that would help in that regard:

- rare/random loot from Zs other than just clothes like now (people occasionally die with things in there pockets)

- being able to change water and power outage times because currently for me it ends after a few days every time so very little time for collecting water

- being able to drink water from that we store in bowls, cups, kettles etc so we can pre-store water

P.S other than whats in the OP of course :)

i hope you will be able to customize your char like in singleplayer mode when the real MP build arrive

From OP :

• Map choose + Character creation + Random spawn point added. Note : Random spawn point can be changed by the admin so everyone could spawn at the same point, but by default it'll be random (just like single player).  

- rare/random loot from Zs other than just clothes like now (people occasionally die with things in there pockets)

- being able to change water and power outage times because currently for me it ends after a few days every time so very little time for collecting water

- being able to drink water from that we store in bowls, cups, kettles etc so we can pre-store water

Believe it or not, all of this is in now! Your char will drink from any water source in their inventory. It doesn't give you an option to do it, it happens automatically! I use water bottles, grab a full kettle, right click select pour into water bottle. viola!

You can't set a minimum time, but in sandbox you can set a maximum time. I wish a survival option was in for sandbox, though! Every time I play, it's either months or four days!

Finally, most Zeds have nothing... But a lot do have loot! Sometimes a pen or a notebook, other times ammo or even an axe! I check bodies when desperate, and if I clear a horde, I tend to pick it over.

Believe it or not, all of this is in now! Your char will drink from any water source in their inventory. It doesn't give you an option to do it, it happens automatically! I use water bottles, grab a full kettle, right click select pour into water bottle. viola!

You can't set a minimum time, but in sandbox you can set a maximum time. I wish a survival option was in for sandbox, though! Every time I play, it's either months or four days!

Finally, most Zeds have nothing... But a lot do have loot! Sometimes a pen or a notebook, other times ammo or even an axe! I check bodies when desperate, and if I clear a horde, I tend to pick it over.

cheers didn't know that about the water :). and the I must have search every zombie for hours with nothing, perhaps its bad luck but thats a little slow drop rate over hundreds of them I would think, ahh well

gotta admit, i would like to see the option when setting up a server to adjust the length your days are.

just as it is when you start a sandbox game.

https://twitter.com/CaptainBinky/status/438336015783038976

BhVISLFCEAArvHP.png

would be great to get that much control but if it cant fit a near release for build 25 thats kool too

Wait a second. Survivors? Are we talking about NPCs here`?

This setting is around for ages now (SP Sandbox), so don´t get excited about it listed here, this "just" looks like the normal sandbox settings.

Never ever whatsoever played sandbox, Only survivor.

gotta admit, i would like to see the option when setting up a server to adjust the length your days are.

https://twitter.com/CaptainBinky/status/438336015783038976

BhVISLFCEAArvHP.png

Any chance of adding "No Respawns" to the server config?

Planning to run a server within a community that wants to keep the multiplayer as close to the singleplayer experience as possible. The tension is seriously reduced when you know you can just kill yourself and come back to collect your loot every time you are injured or sick. :)

Would you make it longer or shorter?

i would set it for 4 or 5 hour days, just as i do in sandbox. frees me up to do a bit more looting/scouting before i head home.

Would you make it longer or shorter?

i would set it for 4 or 5 hour days, just as i do in sandbox. frees me up to do a bit more looting/scouting before i head home.

I think that is going to be some very long nights in MP

Will this build hold new 3d models, or it's still too soon for them?

If you don't see it in the changelog, it's not part of it.

True, but none said it's not going to be added "tomorrow", especially since there is no ETA about delivery of that release.