RELEASED (IWillBackupSaveBranch: Build 25 (SP / MP)

RobertJohnson

I'd like to voice my concern about random spawnpoints.

Is it going to be like in singleplayer, where you spawn inside some random house?

Because if that is the case are there any mechanics in place that will prevent fresh players from spawning in already boarded up safehouses of other players?

I'd really hate to barricade my safehouse and make it unenterable just so that someone can suddenly spawn inside of it and pick it clean.

Other way around would suck aswell. Imagine spawning as a fresh player with nothing on you inside a fully barricaded house and no hammer to unbarricade anywhere to be seen.

Edit:

Almost forgot, build 25 will include constructable lights etc. for multiplayer aswell, correct?

Seeing as campfires are broken in multiplayer and candles dont really work as a constant lightsource, having something to at least light up the inside of your house during those pitch black nights after the power is gone is important.

Seeing as RJ already said random spawning can be disabled by the server admin I guess people will have to decide wether they want random spawns (which I would personally prefer if they work correctly) with the possibility of spawns inside barricaded houses, or a static spawnpoint and the disadvantage of a higher player density in that area.

I would suggest adding a thing inbetween until random spawns can be fixed. Basically one should be able to pick the town they want to spawn in and the game then decides on one of perhaps three possible spawn locations inside that town, preferably outside of a house so locking players in with barricades isn't an issue.

That would take care of the possibility of spawning inside an already barricaded safehouse of some other player, as surely you wouldnt be stupid enough to set up your safehouse in one of the town's three possible start locations, while simultaneously taking care of the problem of everyone spawning in the exact same spot, thus reducing "spawn camping" and the general mayhem that occurs around the spawn usually.

Random spawns outside of house and give the player also an immunity for death for few seconds so they can escape possible zombie hordes.

Also I think it should balance out the spawning in way that the players would be evenly distributed on all parts of the map like team deathmatches do teams in fps games.

This way it could give all players enough food to start off well right away and have options to barter stuff for food or visa versa.

If you could tag the house of your choosing for the server software to know that it's yours and just have one tag available for each player in the beginning of the game.

One tag could cover more no spawn area at start than just the house until there's no more room to spawn players elsewhere, the server would start to decrease the radius of areas that have been tagged.

Or we could just use visible gang tags to claim bigger areas for teams that have a non  random spawn area and that also would prevent people camp quitting the game in those areas unless you are in the gang assigned in those areas.

More tags could then be given later in the game based by either skills system, playtime, or the respect acquired on the server.

Added a soft reset command for servers, so you can wipe the world except construction, reset everything else. Should allow for fully persistent construction for all time.

Damn there goes my guide. Damn you Lemmy for being a convenience! *shake fist* :P

Added a soft reset command for servers, so you can wipe the world except construction, reset everything else. Should allow for fully persistent construction for all time.

How will this work with zombies? Wont they be stuck inside all the buildings when you reset?

How will this work with zombies? Wont they be stuck inside all the buildings when you reset?

Will reset zombies to as if you're starting a new game.

I don't Know if someone already report these:

1. If I put a campfire on the ground other players can't see or use it.

2. You develop the sick after hit by gunshots.

3. My English sucks (I think it's not fixable).

4. Recover from high damage is quite impossible without sleep.

The game both Single player and Multi player is always amazing.

They don't work in MP. You don't gain any xp for sneaking or lightfooted,

See nasKo's post:

lemmy101, RobertJohnson, can you fix "lightfooted" and "sneaking" skills, please?

And what about craftable light sources in the 25th build?

You need to be more specific than "can you fix X and Y". :)

Please explain what's wrong with them. Ideally in a bug report http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/