A way of jailing people?

silents429

A means to first transport the npc or zombie etc. And so you need a means to knock them out or tie them up.

It would be good for enemy npc types. And also to interogate for vital info.

For me a stun device then a way of carrying or dragging the target then locking up would be an interesting twist. Could bring in good and evil style game play.

A means to first transport the npc or zombie etc. And so you need a means to knock them out or tie them up.

It would be good for enemy npc types. And also to interogate for vital info.

For me a stun device then a way of carrying or dragging the target then locking up would be an interesting twist. Could bring in good and evil style game play.

But a MAJOR reason could be to see if an npc team member turns after being bitten. The turn can happen in a random time frame and last i want is an npc team mate bitten and able to turn at any moment. A form of control is needed when a person is bitten.

I see a random chance system of infection playing a role in the game being important.

Sorry my phone reposted. Lol

I like this idea, because you could add rope to the game, that you could use on an NPC and tie them up, making them unable to use their arms. You could then drag them to the room and lock them up.

Its an awesome idea and would be fun and dark. Handcuffs, and Ropes.

Realistically, is it really worth going through the trouble of keeping someone in any of those situations alive anyway? As opposed to just putting one in their head and being done with it?

Well if fully fleshed out NPCs are involved any other members of your team with or without specific traits would be quite appalled at you doing that. That's assuming you were the leader and had the authority to do that in the first place. 

This! ^^^

Just shooting someone looks barbaric and makes you look violent and impulsive and no one in the group would want you around or trust you. If you just tie the jerkwad up everyone will think you are a good guy hero type.

I like this idea, because you could add rope to the game, that you could use on an NPC and tie them up, making them unable to use their arms. You could then drag them to the room and lock them up.

Realistically, is it really worth going through the trouble of keeping someone in any of those situations alive anyway? As opposed to just putting one in their head and being done with it?

Well if fully fleshed out NPCs are involved any other members of your team with or without specific traits would be quite appalled at you doing that. That's assuming you were the leader and had the authority to do that in the first place. 

This! ^^^

Just shooting someone looks barbaric and makes you look violent and impulsive and no one in the group would want you around or trust you. If you just tie the jerkwad up everyone will think you are a good guy hero type.

New form of entertainment, tie someone up, place on surfboard, tow behind car, see how long until they loose half their face.

• 2 weeks later...

This! ^^^

New form of entertainment, tie someone up, place on surfboard, tow behind car, see how long until they loose half their face.

Takes 50 seconds at 60mph..

Speaking of which, this would go nicely with potential vehicles, tieing someone up. Set a car alarm off, then watch a horde approach them while you gather from a nearby building : P

Since no one asked, I'll offer my 2 cents. :)

It's a moot point from an RPG perspective as players could easily "agree" to become a prisoner and honor a "no escape" policy.

From a "grief" player perspective it is also a moot point, as those types of players will figure out a method of jailing someone. Likely an I game exploit combined with a confidence scheme.

Looking at it from another angle though: if a furniture bug could trap your character, would that be an acceptable possibility for you as a player? I mean, theoretically, anyone could potentially get trapped by furniture in the right circumstance in real life. I suspect most would say "no".

My point is thoughtful design can strike a balance. Regardless, outliers will persist.

This can be a good Idea, because if you die and start new you lose all of your skills. If you captured someone with no skills, well thats your fault you'll get nothing from them but say someone is mastered at construction or farming and they are the only one in their group that can do that, well would you still rather have that person die or would you pay to get him back?

I think at the very least you should be able to tie someones hands. Ransom would definitely go down well with roleplayers. The point is it's a game and many people actually enjoy 'playing'.

Also, the skills you accumilate would make it worthwhile to me to capture other people or at least surrender instead of just always being killed by assholes.

I definitely dont think we should rule out slave labour, that is my favourite part of this jail thing.

I dont lik to farm so i will capture all of you and chain you in my field to grow my potatoes bwahahahahaha!!!! :evil:

I could see with multiple NPC's some of which don't like each other. Or you might bring a survivor out from the cold but you know nothing about him so overnight you give him some food and a blanket and lock him in the toilets.

I think this quote from the blog sums up the developers feelings on multiplayer. That aside, I've played a lot of DayZ in the past and more than satisfies my hunger for PvP even if I don't play as bandit myself.

'Anyone with a copy of PZ will be able to launch their own dedicated console only PZ server just by passing the appropriate parameters to the executable (or running a batch file, or whatever) with whitelists and blacklists, choice of co-op or PvP (purposefully defaulted to co-op to ram the point home) and all that goodness.'

'choice of co-op or PvP (purposefully defaulted to co-op to ram the point home)'

I think this quote from the blog sums up the developers feelings on multiplayer. That aside, I've played a lot of DayZ in the past and more than satisfies my hunger for PvP even if I don't play as bandit myself.

'Anyone with a copy of PZ will be able to launch their own dedicated console only PZ server just by passing the appropriate parameters to the executable (or running a batch file, or whatever) with whitelists and blacklists, choice of co-op or PvP (purposefully defaulted to co-op to ram the point home) and all that goodness.'

'choice of co-op or PvP (purposefully defaulted to co-op to ram the point home)'

Ohhhhh happiness ^_^

Off note. Holy crap this thread was made back in November.

Ohhhhh happiness ^_^

A lot of threads have been dragged back up from the depths recently. 

Ohhhhh happiness ^_^

A lot of threads have been dragged back up from the depths recently. 

But this thread has always been brought back.

My thread is speshul.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe just tie their hands?

Also, this could be because of interrogation. Maybe players would hide super secret ammo stockings and someone wants to know where is it.

Also, i don't want people to starve to death, jailed.. Kinda makes me feel bad and squirm and such.. I don't know why.

People should be lootable when tied up... Though, a prompt should show up for the person to resist or give up. Anyone with sanity would agree to be tied, in order to not have their brains all over the floor, i guess.

I like the idea of putting a room full of zed in my safehouse - it makes for a surprise for the evil looter be it NPC or player. In my mind, I'm not sure that door durability is at a place where the door (even locked) would last if even a few zeds were smacking the door all night long. For that matter, even taking a baseball bat to a door would take a lot of effort to break in, how are zeds doing it in the first place with hands? :shock:

On a note about community - Honestly I have a real hard time imagining 2 people being jerks for very long and surviving for long - it is after all difficult to scrounge up ammo, and harder still to keep the ones getting murdered from screaming. Perhaps a loud death wail when a player dies by default? I don't personally believe stealth player kills are possible simply because human blood is a scent, and zombies can detect that smell ergo zombies come when players or an NPC die regardless of noise level; but players themselves might not notice.

...Since this thing is still alive...

What if you make someone pass out or stun them? Then you can held them down and drag them with the rope?

It could work since most of the fighting would be 2 hits kills

Well theres gotta be some means of bringing them places, might as well drag em o3o