A way of jailing people?

silents429

I kinda thought that once NPC's are added and long into the future multiplayer, we would need some way of keeping people in captivity, whether they misbehave, potentially infected, or your holding someone ransom.

Or you want to slowly kill them and laugh as they starve to death as there last bit of hope shrimbles away as they scream and beg for food only to just watch them in there final hours...

A door only openable with a key, tough to break, the ability to bar windows, and some form of a way to empty someones inventory.

The only downside to this topic would be the prisoner not willing to go in the cell, would there be some kind of deal made? Or a stamina-type system added where you can use fists on npc's/players to knock them out for a short amount of time? Otherwise, unless the person was really nice or something, they probably wouldn't just agree to being locked into a cage.

Lock em in with a bottle of bleach.  Untill you open the door again, the captive is alive AND dead.  (as in the Schrodingers Cat thingy from big bang theory xD )

You're misunderstanding Schrodinger's Cat. The cat is alive and dead because there's a 50% chance that a particle will decay and release the poison (which is completely reliant on the Heisenburg Uncertainty Principle that tells us we have no way of predicting whether the particles will decay or not).

Imprisoning may be sinister, but it sounds like a perfectly viable future feature. Even if it was only against NPCs, you could designate a room as a prison cell or something. After a certain amount of time, they might decide to join your group.

Or lock up a bunch of zombies and have a death room. You fuck up, you get eaten alive in said death room. And I get to watch.

(tophat)

See, I could see the point of locking up a bunch of zombies to use as a weapon, but I just don't see the benefit of locking up a person, NPC or player, over just killing them. I can't see the whole idea of ransoming really working, just because individual players are just as capable of getting by alone as they would be with their co-op partners. If it were done in order to try to gain items from other groups, I just can't see there being any real incentive for them to give in to those demands, as opposed to either just attacking the imprisoning group, or completely ignoring it all together. Life is pretty cheap in PZ, especially if there's going to be server respawns, or even just the ability to create a new character and jump back into the same server. If you were playing as part of a team, and someone wanted to hold you hostage for an extended period of time, I can say that I personally would sooner sacrifice the character, create a new one, and rejoin my team.

I dont think 

I kinda thought that once NPC's are added and long into the future multiplayer, we would need some way of keeping people in captivity, whether they misbehave, potentially infected, or your holding someone ransom.

Or you want to slowly kill them and laugh as they starve to death as there last bit of hope shrimbles away as they scream and beg for food only to just watch them in there final hours...

A door only openable with a key, tough to break, the ability to bar windows, and some form of a way to empty someones inventory.

Some of the things you mentioned i dont think will be added in the initial NPC release, I.e ransom, quarantine, etc

Ransoming would probably not be so bad an idea if it's implemented properly. Keeping this strictly NPC oriented, living in the PZ world is supposed to be exceptionally difficult and having a friendly character helping you out can ease the burdens of trying to survive. So, if the NPC has been pretty useful to you so far, you might want to consider trying to negotiate for their release or organizing a daring rescue in order to get them back. If you manage to save them, the show of camaraderie could inspire a loyalty bonus so that the NPC will have a significantly higher opinion of you and do a better job working with you.

You may also want to try and get them back if they're a level four or five in a valuable skill like farming or carpentry. A skill that high is very hard to achieve and takes a serious time investment, so going in and trying to get them back may well be pretty worthwhile.

See, I could see the point of locking up a bunch of zombies to use as a weapon, but I just don't see the benefit of locking up a person, NPC or player, over just killing them. I can't see the whole idea of ransoming really working, just because individual players are just as capable of getting by alone as they would be with their co-op partners. If it were done in order to try to gain items from other groups, I just can't see there being any real incentive for them to give in to those demands, as opposed to either just attacking the imprisoning group, or completely ignoring it all together. Life is pretty cheap in PZ, especially if there's going to be server respawns, or even just the ability to create a new character and jump back into the same server. If you were playing as part of a team, and someone wanted to hold you hostage for an extended period of time, I can say that I personally would sooner sacrifice the character, create a new one, and rejoin my team.

Life is cheap in the game now because your 1 person in the entire area salvaging, once NPC's and multiplayer roll around you won't be, and you won't always get that perfect safe house because someone else will have it.

I think ransoming a leader or some workers of a colony is a good idea, ruins there colony.

And keeping them alive was never my intentions... :-|