Petition for old Youtube Comments

silents429

I don't really see the big deal. Youtube comments 99% of the time offer nothing to the video and are often one of the worse places on the Internet. You don't exactly need anonominity to use it, nor does having that add anything to Youtube. Youtube is a free service run by a business, they can make whatever changes they like, they don't need approval. If you don't like it, use another service. Freedom do what you like runs both ways.

I find the comment section of Youtube to be a pointless place of unending arguments and trolls and people trying to make other people visit, subscribe and like their channels and videos. Seeing that they do major changes to Youtube every now and then, would not be much bothered.

Onto, they can make changes however they like but the changes should be in tune with the users.

With that said, I agree with most of your statement.

I normally like to respond on comments on my comment and most times there is a reasonable conversation, but now I have to go into 2 submenus to see if someone responded. And then a shitty message tells me google+ will do all that. I can even watch if there are conversations. It's just fucked up.

I don't really see the big deal. Youtube comments 99% of the time offer nothing to the video and are often one of the worse places on the Internet. You don't exactly need anonominity to use it, nor does having that add anything to Youtube. Youtube is a free service run by a business, they can make whatever changes they like, they don't need approval. If you don't like it, use another service. Freedom do what you like runs both ways.

There is no big deal on the user side of things. User an in people who watch a video.

The content crator is kind of fucked atm, though, because the new system made it really hard for them to respond to their videos, hence why it's mainly content creators complaining about it.

We also have the freedom to petition changes being undone, Google is trying to shove the Google+ D down everyones throat on all google products and its not an effective system nor is it a good one, especially its interface.

And they're are alternatives to Youtube.

Vimeo

DailyMotion

They're forcing G+ and Pages T&Cs on to you, too. It's ludicrous. Why hasn't something better than Youtube come to light, yet?

It's a convenient trap for those who are reliant on Youtube because Google knows that they can pretty much change anything they want within the T&Cs on Youtube. They can pretty much abuse the system to whatever way suits them because people who rely on Youtube for income and other means will have no choice but to accept.

I made a post about this before; but the general response was "Hey, their a business and they can do whatever the fuck they want to you, even if it means screwing you sideways!"

You know, the sort of people that would do well within the corporate world...

This sums my opinion of Youtube up. I suggest you all watch the 11 second video.

Also, I don't care if they are a business, or have complete control over it (which google is getting far more then it needs)

Its search engine is going to get ditched the second they start asking for me to sign in to use it.

And don't think they won't I smell that bad news all the way from the past.

Well for starters they take 40% of any advertisement revenue from my videos so it's not really a free service unless you are an end user.

As a content creator I am a paying customer... and I've been locked out of my own comments section unless I agree to use a social networking site I have no use for. In fact Youtube wont even allow me to link my existing G+ account to my channel. Even if I do step in line, I'm forced to create a new G+ page losing the 100's of followers I already built up over the last few years.

Yes they can make whatever changes they like, but it sure would be nice if they asked the people providing them with the content that they earn advertisement revenue from. Or thought it through for longer than a minute before forcing it on everyone to prop up a failing social networking site.

It's even more laughable when you actually take a look at the video explaining the changes and how it will make the comments section a nicer place to be, and the top comment on that video when I last checked was an ASCII penis so... yeah. Disruptive, frustrating, and demonstrably not effective on day one.

That's just a taste of why it's a big deal for some people

I wish businesses were still held accountable for scummy behavior just like they were 400 years ago. I'm as big a believer in free enterprise and capitalism as anyone else, but I feel tht along with that comes a responsibility to the people to keep businesses honest rather than the government.

There's something to be say for an angry mob with pitchforks and torches burning a place down wen it ruins peoples lives and treats people like shit. In some ways, I wish our world was more like that- it would certainly check the rampant corruption and "fuck you" attitude corps like Gooe have now.

The problem is that capitalism has expanded so much that it's kinda a crappy system for the consumer, which is the opposite of why capitalism exists. These companies have such a massive userbase and so many people are irresponsible with where they spend their money that it's become impossible for the consumer to keep companies honey, which as I said is the entire point of capitalism.

Pretty much. I haven't posted a youtube comment since because my original youtube account seems to have disappeared in the transition. Even more annoyingly, last year my college switched over from hosting their own student email addresses, which you need in order to access all the school's online stuff, like library databases, and online teaching programs like angel and blackboard, to using gmail. So since gmail became a part of google + I have to deal with all that nonsense every time I have online homework to do for a class. It's really irritating. The whole thing.

On top of the fact that it linked my original youtube account to my online college ID, so the account I need to use to do things like discuss important matters with my professors is now the same ID I'd used for years to tell stupid people on youtube that I thought they were stupid. My school's IT people are the real morons in the end it would seem.

You're now forced to make a google plus account if you want to sign up for a YouTube channel, but it is possible to unlink them and then delete the g+ account, unless that's changed in the last week.

Nope.

As I said before in my other thread about this, I tried doing exactly that. What happened as a result was that I got denied access to my Youtube channel soon as I unlinked them and deleted G+. All my videos are gone, can't access it again unless I decide to sign up for G+.

You're now forced to make a google plus account if you want to sign up for a YouTube channel, but it is possible to unlink them and then delete the g+ account, unless that's changed in the last week.

Nope.

As I said before in my other thread about this, I tried doing exactly that. What happened as a result was that I got denied access to my Youtube channel soon as I unlinked them and deleted G+. All my videos are gone, can't access it again unless I decide to sign up for G+.

I think I tried to do that at one point, but they made it enough of a hassle to do, on top of already being pretty put off by the whole thing,  that I decided to just not deal with it.

Well this is bullshit, why are they forcing us to use Google+? No money, no popularity? If not what is it exactly?