Heporlathic

good idea, but that would make the foraging skill pointless, since you do the searching, not the character.

You may want to try out the Hydrocraft mod from hydromaster. It adds more things to the foragable item list, like bark, dry grass...

Its a collection of mods ithink, so you could delete all the stuff you dont want.

How about having different trees/bushes, and that you can interact with them?

Like:

- Picking fruits

- Taking the bark (could be insects hiding under there, protein)

- Taking the leaves (improvising a bed)

- Taking the needles (making tea)

- Taking fungus for tinder

- And collecting resin (as glue)

busch-6779-buche.jpg

I'm imagining that as game crashing since there are so very many trees. I'm all for maybe trees dropping more than just logs and branches though.

hahah, that hat is GNARLY! "It's the end of the world, but fuck it, I'm going out with style"

good idea, but that would make the foraging skill pointless, since you do the searching, not the character.

You may want to try out the Hydrocraft mod from hydromaster. It adds more things to the foragable item list, like bark, dry grass...

Its a collection of mods ithink, so you could delete all the stuff you dont want.

Yeah but foraging could determine how much of the nice stuff on the ground you can see.

I'm not a big fan of hydrocraft, it's just too much, too soon - the engine can't keep up with all the added features.

I don't wanna grab a shopping cart and wear it on my back, for example. And I don't want a lifeless ox standing in my base. xD

How about having different trees/bushes, and that you can interact with them?

Like:

- Picking fruits

- Taking the bark (could be insects hiding under there, protein)

- Taking the leaves (improvising a bed)

- Taking the needles (making tea)

- Taking fungus for tinder

- And collecting resin (as glue)

busch-6779-buche.jpg

I'm imagining that as game crashing since there are so very many trees. I'm all for maybe trees dropping more than just logs and branches though.

From my point of view the trees are already instances/objects in the game with one specified property - that you can

chop them. So In my mind you could replace some of them for apple trees, birch trees and so on.

But if there were forageable objects on the ground, the hunting aspect of it would make it neat:

Imagine, you are strolling around and you keep finding stuff! Much better than just clicking into the void and letting the randomizer do it's thing.

Are berry bushes still in game? We used to have them, but I haven't seen one in awhile (not that I've really been looking for them since you can forage for berries anywhere).

They were /are along the same idea that you are talking about.

I personally would love fruit trees. Apples, cherries, pears are all common enough in KY I am guessing. Sure fruit trees take a long time to produce a ROI but since trees grow so fast in this game it wouldn't be too bad.

I like the overall idea. I am not a huge fan of the current foraging mechanic anyways. I would rather visually see something and pick it up. Your foraging skill could effect how likely you are to see items. Or at the very least have items show up on the ground 'container' and allow us to manually pick up the items. If I'm out looking for some chipped stones to make an axe, I wouldn't fill my pockets with twigs and tree branches. In this regard I really don't like how foraging is done. Better than nothing though :)

hahah, that hat is GNARLY! "It's the end of the world, but fuck it, I'm going out with style"

Yeah but foraging could determine how much of the nice stuff on the ground you can see.

I'm not a big fan of hydrocraft, it's just too much, too soon - the engine can't keep up with all the added features.

I don't wanna grab a shopping cart and wear it on my back, for example. And I don't want a lifeless ox standing in my base. xD

You cannot attach a shopping cart to your back. Its only the hand slots. As for the Ox (aka male cow) then don't capture them. The best part about Hydrocraft is that if you don't like a feature then you don't have to craft it. The only things you do have to have are the things that are spawned. The rest are up to the player to use and discover. Weather or not you decide to make cheese or dynamite is up to you.

You cannot attach a shopping cart to your back. Its only the hand slots.

But still it's not visible that someone is actually pushing the cart..

As for the Ox (aka male cow) then don't capture them.

My problem with it is that implenting farm animals into project zomboid to fit into the game world requires 

more attention to detail, since they are living creatures. I think it's a bit too easy like that in your mod.

The rest are up to the player to use and discover. Weather or not you decide to make cheese or dynamite is up to you.

Yes, that's awesome and I totally approve of that.

It's the attention to detail that makes vanilla zomboid so atmospheric to me. The setting just matches the time and events. Everything has its place (well, almost)

It makes the game feel more real to me.

I don't have a problem with your mod, I'm just not playing it. So don't worry about my not-so-thoughtful critique,

because other people love your mod and won't play PZ without it. ^_^

I support picking fruits from trees because orchards are indeed a thing.

However, other than what's not included in the generalized foraging system, I don't think the game is quite ready for.

As in, I'm all for extra abilities and survival options, but I don't think the systems are advanced enough as a whole for stuff this peculiar in the current stage.

You cannot attach a shopping cart to your back. Its only the hand slots.

But still it's not visible that someone is actually pushing the cart..

As for the Ox (aka male cow) then don't capture them.

My problem with it is that implenting farm animals into project zomboid to fit into the game world requires

more attention to detail, since they are living creatures. I think it's a bit too easy like that in your mod.

The rest are up to the player to use and discover. Weather or not you decide to make cheese or dynamite is up to you.

Yes, that's awesome and I totally approve of that.

It's the attention to detail that makes vanilla zomboid so atmospheric to me. The setting just matches the time and events. Everything has its place (well, almost)

It makes the game feel more real to me.

I don't have a problem with your mod, I'm just not playing it. So don't worry about my not-so-thoughtful critique,

because other people love your mod and won't play PZ without it. ^_^

Yes, and we currently can't tell if you are wearing a back pack, and crowbars look like bats. This is a limitation of the base game, not exactly hydrocraft.

Also as far as farm animals needing more tending, yes they are broken (eyes the rabbit hutch). But again, writing AI for animals is still writing AI we don't have it on the base game for NPC's or Animals yet. I'm sure once the code becomes avaible Hydro will update his mod to fit into vanilla.