Stomping zombie heads even with a weapon equipped

jefferyharrell

If you're unarmed and you get a zombie on the ground, you'll stomp on it. I was recently wishing (because my baseball bat was a breath away from breaking) that I had the option to stomp on floor zombies even while I had a melee weapon equipped, presumably with its own hotkey. Would that be bad for game balance? I imagine stomping does relatively little damage, but the zombie is helpless, and if you're otherwise safe you've got nothing but time, so it would be a great way to keep that melee weapon in good nick just a little while longer.

(Yes, I know you can hotkey-unequip your melee weapon and then stomp away, but I've had marginal success with that at best, probably because I'm still a klutzy noob. Maybe I just need practice.)

I like this. How about a number of stompy finishing moves to choose from, so your character starts "dancing" on the zombie and just inadvertently stomps on the head? Imagine a special river dance head stomping solo with music, or a country line dance version, or a ghetto rap version, or a I should really go take my pills now version...