RELEASED: Build 31

RobertJohnson

• Added tainted water:
    • You can now gather water from the river but it'll be tainted.
    • Same for rain collector barrel water.
    • Tainted water can still be drink but cause some food poisonning.
    • Boil it (only in pot or bowl) to remove the tainted

How long do I need to boil the water in a pot to remove the tainted. I boiled my pot of water on a campfire for almost 4 hours now, but it is still tainted.

Edit: Found out what was wrong with the water. If you first place the pot of water on a campfire and light the fire afterwards it won't boil.

Does kettles work as well or just pots and bowls? boiling.

:(I have a strange game error with this update:

I walk around the house and my right click works when I want to drink or the "move to" option works when I right click randomly on the floor but,

when I right click a backpack I just found it has no response .. same with food can't do anything with anything...   am I missing something?? whats going on here? HELPPPPP

:(I have a strange game error with this update:

I walk around the house and my right click works when I want to drink or the "move to" option works when I right click randomly on the floor but,

when I right click a backpack I just found it has no response .. same with food can't do anything with anything...   am I missing something?? whats going on here? HELPPPPP

Did you install a mod at any point in the past?

I found that you can pre-load the fire shortly before lighting with pots, kettles and bowls, but if you choose to store your containers of tainted water there (which made sense to me) until you next have a fire, then I found none of them would boil until removed and replaced if they had been in there too long*.

*Not certain how long is too long, I was busy surviving at the time, until I wasn't, by which point I no longer had rain collectors :(

[bALANCE]

• Reduced a lot the dmg of fire on zombies
  • Zombies should less group when they follow you.
  • Reduce the damage done by panic in melee
  • Reduce the knockdown chance with panic

Well that's cool, I'm having a solo sandbox run on build 31 with zomby amount set at high with all maximum senses and respawn everyday and now some of them manage to reach my base. Also expeditions are a bit more tricky, their behavior seems better (got scratched twice) and I like it ;)

no mods ever

confused

are you trying to suggest that they NEVER allow mods into the game?

because changing the stance on that now would be beyond crazy

No, ingemi is replying to EG's question about using mods before

no mods ever

confused

are you trying to suggest that they NEVER allow mods into the game?

because changing the stance on that now would be beyond crazy

No, ingemi is replying to EG's question about using mods before

ok, then that makes a LOT more sense.

im curious about what settings survival mode is using in the current release.

ive been playing a new survival game and about 2 weeks in there pretty much is an abundance of everything ... except zombies ... those are pretty rare.

last time i set off a house alarm a grand total of 5 showed up.

in comparison the standard settings for sandbox give me hordes and loot that is far and few ...

maybe its the fact i spawned on the outskirts of town or something ...

ive been playing a new survival game and about 2 weeks in there pretty much is an abundance of everything ... except zombies ... those are pretty rare.

in comparison the standard settings for sandbox give me hordes and loot that is far and few ...

It's your location... It's always been like that. If you're on a remote location an alarm isn't really that bad. But you should have less loot spawn in a location that has small zombie counts.

It's your location... It's always been like that. If you're on a remote location an alarm isn't really that bad. But you should have less loot spawn in a location that has small zombie counts.

well, im playing bedford falls and spawned about 3 screens away from a diy store. im swimming in crafting items...

the supermarkets and diners on the other hand are rather well stocked albeit mostly perishable stuff.

well, im playing bedford falls and spawned about 3 screens away from a diy store. im swimming in crafting items...

the supermarkets and diners on the other hand are rather well stocked albeit mostly perishable stuff.

Well that is a mod you're playing so you shouldn't really expect for it to work just like vanilla...

I found that you can pre-load the fire shortly before lighting with pots, kettles and bowls, but if you choose to store your containers of tainted water there (which made sense to me) until you next have a fire, then I found none of them would boil until removed and replaced if they had been in there too long*.

*Not certain how long is too long, I was busy surviving at the time, until I wasn't, by which point I no longer had rain collectors :(

For me I've noticed that if you 'pre-load' meats or containers of water, and exit the game (back to main menu, etc.), that those pre-loads will not cook without having to remove then re-place them back in the campfire.

started a new game on one of the stock maps today...an entirely different beast...im relieved every time i make it back to my safehouse...allready got a scratch from a z but luckily no infection...

edit: for a nasty touch that scratch did get me infected...turned 3 days after the scratch had healed...

Hi guys! how can i do the upgrade at 31.13? i dont know why, but my steam dont ask me if i want do it. HELP!

I've been wondering about this too, actually

You only need to get onto 31.13 if you're trying to use Zeek's server. If you're trying to use his server, go check out his forum thread.