RELEASED: Build 31

RobertJohnson

If you're saying that there's an extra 'h' in the middle. It should. At least according to English people. And that'd be the devs.

EDIT: at least most.

Well, in the US its spelled without the h. Its one of those things that seem odd in-game, like Remoulade Sauce. Took me awhile to figure out what it was, since its the French equivalent of tartar sauce in the States, or at least similar to it.

I've put about six hours into playing IWBUMS 31 and I haven't encountered a single Crawler Zombie. Granted, I haven't traveled extensively but I've killed about 165 zombies. Are they more rare now? Or is this a bug?

I notice these more when using shotguns and not killing them, but disabling their legs, making them crawl. Maybe it's weapon specific.

if u have the trait reading skill books faster, should also lower your boredom while u read them :3

also maybe other traits that give +%EXP u should get happy doing them actions for that type of thing like farming checking info on farm stuff or checking traps or w/e

but reading skill books while u wait for daytime getting super bored is the number 1 thing that i think is kinda annoying most of all if u have the faster book reading trait

I've put about six hours into playing IWBUMS 31 and I haven't encountered a single Crawler Zombie. Granted, I haven't traveled extensively but I've killed about 165 zombies. Are they more rare now? Or is this a bug?

I notice these more when using shotguns and not killing them, but disabling their legs, making them crawl. Maybe it's weapon specific.

I'm inclined to say it's not; I fought of a couple of them this morning, and I was using a frying pan. Maybe using a shotgun or other weapon more likely to cause dismemberment ups the chances, but it's not exclusive to them.

I ask again, will locked crates be skipped over when the soft-reset process is run? We were excited last year to see this implemented: http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2014/03/road-to-unification/

But as of now, it falls short in it's usefulness.

You can ask, you can't insist. Post once, respond to any discussion, but don't keep bringing up the same thing over and over please.

That's surprisingly a very low reply.

Thank you for answering his question by telling him he can't ask it anymore.

That was an awful thing to respond with, and no, it was very relevant to discussion and a proper answer was indeed warranted. He only asked three, once originally and the second time a long time later when everybody moved on and his question was still not answered, and a third time after nobody responded and the conversation moved on yet again.

And no, I don't have the time invested into this forum to fear calling out an admin.

I think KJU is right, it would have been more "lovely" to say at least "I don't know." 

And with all due respect, but Kirrus is making it sound like that ZomBCreW has been spamming the same question.

I checked his content, and he had asked on three seperate occations. None of which, including this time, has been answered.

Unless the posts of his potentially spammy questions have been deleted, there's no reason to deny him the ability to ask the question.

Now, I must ask,  if the locks are reset in a soft reset, because I need that info for a server.

No, asking something repeatedly after not getting a reply is considered spam here. You'll notice most questions get answered when someone actually has an answer. If no one has the answer, the question isn't answered. Asking it repeatedly doesn't then make the answer manifest.

Now, if one of you lovely people would like to solve the mystery for him, please do: Create a server, plob down a lockable crate, fill it with stuff, and do a soft reset. Otherwise, you're just going to have to wait patiently.

Next person that doesn't heed my warning about using the PM system and continues to comment on Kirrus gets a warning point.

Now, I must ask,  if the locks are reset in a soft reset, because I need that info for a server.

Soft-Reset removes all elements of Blood(except from some walls), Corpses, and items regardless of location or placement(this includes locked boxes.)

I've ask that devs give us the option to customize the soft-wipes or make it so that player made crates are immune to soft-wipes as a suggestion. Well, the player made crates anyways. Customizing the wipe would be just as nice. =D

I can't recall running across a crawler in the wild, but I've created a great many while using blunt instruments like the baseball bat and the crowbar.

If you're saying that there's an extra 'h' in the middle. It should. At least according to English people. And that'd be the devs.

EDIT: at least most.

Well, in the US its spelled without the h. Its one of those things that seem odd in-game, like Remoulade Sauce. Took me awhile to figure out what it was, since its the French equivalent of tartar sauce in the States, or at least similar to it.

I'm from Louisiana. We make our sauce rémoulade with celery and bell pepper and lots of cayenne and paprika and we eats it with shrimps. I think the PZ developers have something radically different in mind.

@ Crawler comment, I find crawlers don't randomly spawn but are best produced by blowing zombies apart with guns, making them even more deadly because guns don't ever want to shoot crawlers.

In earlier builds I found Crawlers in the wild frequently. i remember when they spawned under beds. That was terrifying.

I know there is another thread about Crawlers being overpowered but I learned to time my melee counter by fighting them frequently. The "rarity" of them now makes them much more dangerous to new players. New players see the slowness and ground position and underestimate the threat.

I highly doubt that you could get to level 10 aim with less than 50 zombie kills. I got it to level 7 with over 500 zombie kills...

Care to explain in more detail how you did that? ^^

If you pick Police Officer or Veteran, and take the hunter and fast learner traits, you can get to level 10 aiming with less than 50 zombie kills. Not to mention the extra 40+ available skill points you'll have on the side. Same goes with farming, you can get to farming 10 only harvesting 3 crops as long as you have the right occupation and traits, and read the skillbooks. The balance is off quite a bit, but I still absolutely love the new occupation/trait system.

That can't be right at all. Trying to level foraging with Park Ranger, Hiker, Former Scout, and Fast Learner and honestly the grind is too much, even for a character that heavily specializes in it.

Edit: The farming part is definitely exaggerated. After harvesting 5 cabbages I only hit level 8. Still.......Farming is super easy to level compared to everything else.

I realized what might be the cause of this, I'm in a multiplayer server. It's quite possible, and probably likely that the server settings are giving increased xp.

No you are right. While playing on a MP server i got to level 10 aiming with 24 zombie kills. I believe this is done by using a pistol and shooting into a big horde of zombies. Without doing to much testing it seems like it scales like sneeking is(used to be?) that the more zombies are in sight the more experience you gain. In my surprise i announced my finding on chat and i guess understandably, given how crazy it sounds(level 10 aiming in 2-5 minutes) i got kicked for hacking..

I quickly made a single player game and tried and while i didn't get the same drastic results i got very close, and is enough of a indication that that exp gained is not right. well..not in line with the shotgun. on the same server i had got level 10 aiming several times but it took many boxs of shells and more then 1000 zombie kills

From my quick check in single player this is what i got with 5 boxs of bullets and a slightly large horde to shoot at(the one i was shooting in MP was alot bigger)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=410189845

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=410290136

It's a well known bug, that is why I never pick any firearms traits because it is just a waste of points when I can instead take sprinting / running traits and just run down anyone I see. People are always going to get 10 accuracy, the problem is if the other person is faster then you the whole situation is in their hands unless you can waste them with a pistol in like two seconds.

It's a well known bug, that is why I never pick any firearms traits because it is just a waste of points when I can instead take sprinting / running traits and just run down anyone I see. People are always going to get 10 accuracy, the problem is if the other person is faster then you the whole situation is in their hands unless you can waste them with a pistol in like two seconds.

Couldn't be any more accurate than this. If you have a rifle or varment vs shutguns and pistols.. As long as you have the movement speed the field is yours to control and dominate. Even vs other rifles you can pop in and out of range between shots quicker.

@ Crawler comment, I find crawlers don't randomly spawn but are best produced by blowing zombies apart with guns, making them even more deadly because guns don't ever want to shoot crawlers.

weirdly enough i so know what u mean & feel the pain of sometimes making crawlers from using guns that get me sometimes while trying to take down huge group of zombies...

but like not 2hr's ago playing the beta i hit a zombie with a hammer and he went down and became a crawler while i was fighting 2 other zombies lol it was so weird seeing that >.<

A question, as i am not sure if this would be a bug or not.......

if i fill an empty Whiskey bottle with water, i notice it will never become "Untainted Water" no matter how long i leave it in the fire.

so the question is whether or not this is working as intended

syfy u can cook tainted water in pots, kettles and bowls, not in bottles.

yes, i know. but that is not the question at hand.

the question is if we are supposed to be able to boil the water in the bottles or not

syfy u can cook tainted water in pots, kettles and bowls, not in bottles.

yes, i know. but that is not the question at hand.

the question is if we are supposed to be able to boil the water in the bottles or not

I have only said that in the changelog wasn't mentioned that u can boil water in bottles :)

Has the number and aggressiveness of zombies been changed in the last day or two in the IWBUMS build? Have played through quite a few times (best survival time 3 months 22 days before a camp fire incident gave me a Viking burial) but then I tried playing again today and the zombies seem to be really intent on hunting me down.  As in breaking into houses where all the windows have been covered for days, I've been going in/out via a sheet rope and no zombies in sight when I have gone in/out and the noisiest activity I've been engaged in when it's happened was reading up on how to cook...

Best survival time today = 5 days and 3 hours...

Has the number and aggressiveness of zombies been changed in the last day or two in the IWBUMS build?

Looks like IWBUMS hasn't been updated since the 11th, so any differences that you've noticed could probably be attributed to either a change in sandbox settings, or just bad luck.