Removing glass from broken windows

Zephyo

Sure, you can just bash a window and climb in. With zombies on your tail, that might be your only option.  However, what about removing broken glass from a window? Wrapping your hand in a sheet bandage (towel, handtowel, etc) and raking away the leftover glass makes a lot more sense if you're looting, have the time (and if your cracking windows, it's usually because the zombies are elsewhere and you have some time), and/or want to reduce the risk of personal injury. Would be more time consuming than just a bash and go, and the noise would be audible though probably somewhat quieter (less glass to break).

Thoughts?

Not trying to hijack this, as it's a great suggestion. But I'd also like to chip in that players should be able to yank out glass shards from wounds with his bare hands instead of tweezers, at the cost of extreme pain, increased bleeding and a very high chance of infection.

Now i have this image of the player trying to use a little tiny pair of tweezers to remove a foot long shard of glass from his arm. :-D

And what about adding a pair of gloves into the world? Its not an uncommon object, and it could help both with the broken windows, or to avoid burning yourself while cooking, and I'm pretty sure we could find more uses for them. 

This reminds me the umbrella thingy... such a common object (not to mention hoods, lol) and yet we suffer the rain upon our heads day after day. Or the warmer clothes to avoid freezing  during the winter...

I'm all for more difficulty, but we could as well build some coherence with the world we actually live in. 

I'm not 100% sure you do know, that you can simply try to open a window by pressing 'e' in front of it.

Never had to bash a window (since i know that mechanic ^^), 'cause at least one per house will be always openable. Just saying. :oops:

Despite that, your suggestion would be a reasonable addition.

@theorist- this I do know...I've read the newbie guide on start-up too =) .  However, suppose you jump onto a MP server. A good portion of the windows are going to broken.  And despite broken glass not affecting the mechanical functions of window in most cases, in PZ, a window with broken glass cannot be opened. Not to mention windows that do not have an opening function.

@theorist- this I do know...I've read the newbie guide on start-up too =) .  However, suppose you jump onto a MP server. A good portion of the windows are going to broken.  And despite broken glass not affecting the mechanical functions of window in most cases, in PZ, a window with broken glass cannot be opened. Not to mention windows that do not have an opening function.

Ok, sorry. Had the impression you maybe didn't know that.

I broke a lot of windows on my first few days ingame until I saw that on a Let's play from someone else..  :oops: 

My idea is that you can climb through a broken window with a chance of getting cut, the more panicked you are the greater the chance of being cut. 

Then add the ability to spend a few seconds to clean all the glass out the window. Allowing safe passage. It will make people debate on a door or a window for passage. Going should I hurry through the window and risk getting cut? Or make a break for the door? Also that will make the game even harder.

• 2 months later...

If you break a window...you should be able to unlock it by reaching inside and then just lift it up and avoid the glass.

I know right~ :P Also, bump. I guess I should have looked a little harder before posting a similar idea.