ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

Ok, this is where everyone screams "NOOB". (KINGKOOPA) I updated to the newest version of ORGM (KINGKOOPA) and that "seems" to have fixed the problem. BTW I have spotted that mysterious BLOO object in storage crates and gun crates, I'm so curious as to what gun it is C: 

I have taken a bit of time to make a compatibility patch for Hydrocraft that allows the use of ORGM weapons/ammo in the hunting recipes. I am not sure if there are any other incompatibilities; if there are, let me know and I'll see what I can do to resolve them. This does NOT disable the original Hydrocraft recipes, so if for whatever reason you decide to stop using ORGM, you won't have to reinstall Hydrocraft. Enjoy! :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qa8cftchl68qlq2/Hydrocraft%20ORGM%20Compatibility%20Patch%20v1.rar?dl=0

Question!: If I did have to use the no3dmodel fix on the mod files... Did it force all the mod's guns to use vanilla game models?

Yep

Is there any way to get those 3D Models working? :(

Well you need to have the capability to support 3d models. Then make sure they are enabled in your options screen. Then install Jab;s modelloader and it should be working.

Question!: If I did have to use the no3dmodel fix on the mod files... Did it force all the mod's guns to use vanilla game models?

Yep

Well you need to have the capability to support 3d models. Then make sure they are enabled in your options screen. Then install Jab;s modelloader and it should be working.

Where can I get Jab's Model Loader?

Yep

Where can I get Jab's Model Loader?

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/14845-b3230-v111java-modelloader/

A bit of an update for the Hydrocraft compatibility patch: I have added compatibility for creating and breaking down ORGM ammunition using the Hydrocraft bullet tips and gunpowder. You will now need to craft the appropriate casings for your rounds (using the same recipe for native Hydrocraft casings), or break down rounds of similar caliber. You'll also need a pair of pliers when breaking down rounds. I seem to have forgotten to include the recipe script in the initial release of the patch, so for anyone who tried it and noticed that it did absolutely nothing, it will work properly now :P

Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gr2ac0fw46b832r/Hydrocraft%20ORGM%20Compatibility%20Patch%20v2.2.rar?dl=0

I'm probably going to adjust the way the casings and tips are handled, as I find that they way they are currently implemented in Hydrocraft is a bit illogical. For instance, in native Hydrocraft, it takes 10 units of casings and 10 units of tips to make a box of 9mm ammo, which is 30 rounds. I plan on adjusting the way the patch handles casings by making it a 1:1 ratio; e.g. if you want to make a 25 round box of .30-06 ammo, you'll need 25 large rifle casings and 25 bullet tips. Just makes more sense like that to me :P

A bit of an update for the Hydrocraft compatibility patch: I have added compatibility for creating and breaking down ORGM ammunition using the Hydrocraft bullet tips and gunpowder. You will now need to craft the appropriate casings for your rounds (using the same recipe for native Hydrocraft casings), or break down rounds of similar caliber. You'll also need a pair of pliers when breaking down rounds. I seem to have forgotten to include the recipe script in the initial release of the patch, so for anyone who tried it and noticed that it did absolutely nothing, it will work properly now :P

Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gr2ac0fw46b832r/Hydrocraft%20ORGM%20Compatibility%20Patch%20v2.2.rar?dl=0

I'm probably going to adjust the way the casings and tips are handled, as I find that they way they are currently implemented in Hydrocraft is a bit illogical. For instance, in native Hydrocraft, it takes 10 units of casings and 10 units of tips to make a box of 9mm ammo, which is 30 rounds. I plan on adjusting the way the patch handles casings by making it a 1:1 ratio; e.g. if you want to make a 25 round box of .30-06 ammo, you'll need 25 large rifle casings and 25 bullet tips. Just makes more sense like that to me :P

Awesome, posting a link on the front page!

Let me know if you make any updates.

Link:

thank you...soooo damn much... I haven't used this lovely mod in a very long time since hydrocraft wasn't compatible. re downloading everything and starting a new character tonight! 

Link:

thank you...soooo damn much... I haven't used this lovely mod in a very long time since hydrocraft wasn't compatible. re downloading everything and starting a new character tonight! 

No thank you!

Well, I mentioned I was going to revamp how Hydrocraft handled bullet casings and tips... Well, it's all done! There are now pistol bullets, rifle bullets, and 12 gauge slugs, which you can make using original Hydrocraft bullet tip recipe. One ingot will net one box of your chosen type of bullet (50 pistol/100 rifle/25 slugs). Another reason I decided to make this change was due to the fact that an entire lead or bronze ingot only got you three effective bullet tips or cases - You would need ten bronze ingots, and ten lead ingots, to make thirty 9mm rounds. I found that to be ridiculous, hence the change. I also put all the recipes in their own crafting tab (Reloading) for ease of use and so the Engineer tab doesn't get crowded :P I can't really think of any other incompatibilities, but if you guys can, let me know and I'll get working on it ASAP.

Something I've also been considering is the ability to craft gun magazines using the Hydrocraft crafting benches/smelters/etc using springs and sheets of metal. Would anyone be interested in such a thing? Let me know! :)

Finally, here's the new download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yokomtll0ukh2um/Hydrocraft%20ORGM%20Compatibility%20Patch%20v3.rar?dl=0

I also want to give props to ORMtnMan, as his fantastic mod has inspired me to start learning Lua and modding PZ. Thanks, man. Anyways, enjoy!

Well, I mentioned I was going to revamp how Hydrocraft handled bullet casings and tips... Well, it's all done! There are now pistol bullets, rifle bullets, and 12 gauge slugs, which you can make using original Hydrocraft bullet tip recipe. One ingot will net one box of your chosen type of bullet (50 pistol/100 rifle/25 slugs). Another reason I decided to make this change was due to the fact that an entire lead or bronze ingot only got you three effective bullet tips or cases - You would need ten bronze ingots, and ten lead ingots, to make thirty 9mm rounds. I found that to be ridiculous, hence the change. I also put all the recipes in their own crafting tab (Reloading) for ease of use and so the Engineer tab doesn't get crowded :P I can't really think of any other incompatibilities, but if you guys can, let me know and I'll get working on it ASAP.

Something I've also been considering is the ability to craft gun magazines using the Hydrocraft crafting benches/smelters/etc using springs and sheets of metal. Would anyone be interested in such a thing? Let me know! :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yokomtll0ukh2um/Hydrocraft%20ORGM%20Compatibility%20Patch%20v3.rar?dl=0

I also want to give props to ORMtnMan, as his fantastic mod has inspired me to start learning Lua and modding PZ. Thanks, man. Anyways, enjoy!

No problem! Go get it! I am glad I could pass on the passion, Pravus was my inspiration and I think I did much more than he. So I am excited to see what you can do ;-)

Posting the new link now

Hi. Are you planning to add a crossbow in future versions?

Hi. Are you planning to add a crossbow in future versions?

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/15092-zomboidxbow-update-fix-for-3230/

(Apologies if advertisement of another mod on your thread is not welcome, ORMtnMan)

No on the crossbow, people are already doing it, and much better than I would have the time for.

No prob! The zomboid xbow is the mod you want

So,

First I want to say, I am sorry about how long the next update is taking. Most of the delay is due to my time constraints, but I will also admit the remaining reason is that I was getting a bit burnt out on it.

Now, I am making progress, the ui for the new reload system is working finally and I am onto the guts of the new reload system.

I got a bit of re-motivation thanks to the enormous amount of downloads from steam, and the fact that I will be showing up in the next modder's spotlight blog post.

I should be making a bit faster progress now that I have found that motivation.

So, again, sorry for the delay, but please continue to remain patient with me :-D .

I just thought that many people have asked me to do a melee version of what I have done with guns (E.g. a melee overhaul). Maybe you can get them off my back with an awesome mod? I have also been frequently asked to add in armor.

Just a thought.

Any chance of bayonets? like attaching a hunting knife on the end, there could be an option to attach it like how there's one to change firing mode.

They are a proposed feature, but, I am not sure of the feasibility quite yet of being able  to attack with a bayonet while still being able to shoot.

Stay tuned and eventually I'll give that a yay or nay.

Any chance of bayonets? like attaching a hunting knife on the end, there could be an option to attach it like how there's one to change firing mode.

They are a proposed feature, but, I am not sure of the feasibility quite yet of being able  to attack with a bayonet while still being able to shoot.

Y'know, you could just include a M9 Bayonet as a melee weapon. More durable than a Hunting Knife and a Kitchen Knife, maybe even slightly more damaging.

Y'know, you could just include a M9 Bayonet as a melee weapon. More durable than a Hunting Knife and a Kitchen Knife, maybe even slightly more damaging.

'I am trying to stay away from doing melee weapons, because it would be too much scope drift. I would only add them for adding a bayonet function to guns.

'I am trying to stay away from doing melee weapons, because it would be too much scope drift. I would only add them for adding a bayonet function to guns.

Or you could do both... *Evil laugh*

Whatever you decide to do, the mod is amazing as it is now. You keep doing what you want to do. ^-^