ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

ORM you think you could lower the spawn of guns a bit a make it to where ammo is more plentiful? I have 3 containers full of guns and not even a half full of ammo lol I am starting to see why I am the only one to have survive :P

Hah! Well, seeing as everyone has different gun spawning preferences, I am not going to change that version one way or another. However. I am going to figure out hoe to tie it to the loot rarity settings so everyone can set it themselves. Hopefully I will have that ready for the next version.

Really !!! OMG I would love having the choice to set the loot !!  :razz: YAY 

I just have two questions  :

-When we can set the guns and ammo, Can we also choose attachments and (i think that need more working, but i just ask it also) can we choose the gun spawining in differents places ? For example : Set better gun spawing in bedroom and decrease it in police station ?

-In the next version can we break the ammo of new gun to get gunpowder like the default ammo ? Silencers will be in the next version ? Or it's not planned for the next release ?

Cheers !

Lol, glad you're so excited! Unfortunately,no. It would be a general toggle up and down of total rarity. The main UI screen is not good to modify too much, because it would lead to incompatibilities.

No, ammo breakdown is not going to be in the next release, but maybe the version after. However, I will be putting in shell drops from ammo firing in the next version.

Silencers will be in the next version as long as everything I am working on right now continues to work.

Thank for the informations  :-D

I understand.  From what I read it seemed like you had half a mind to keep rarer and functional duplicate guns out early on, but started adding them later.  Now it makes sense to me.

Catches of the day:

-The Mosin Nagant appears to be functioning semi-automatically.  I tested out my Remington 700 to make sure it wasn't all boltguns. Blah, that is a major oversight by me. Will fix that

-The Glock 22 has a 10 round magazine instead of the usual 15.  Was this purposely done as a restricted magazine? Probably another oversight, will be fixed by the next update anyway

-The M24 in your weapon pipeline is not typically chambered in .300 Win Mag.  A more appropriate rifle in the caliber would be the XM2010, which is the same action in a neat looking chassis, and is US Army-issued.  The M24 as issued in the Army is a .308/7.62 rifle. Good one! I was trying to spread out the calibers a bit

Weapon suggestions:

-GSG 522 (.22LR MP5-style semi-auto rifle, 22 round magazine) Added to the list

-Weatherby Mark V (as a .300 Winchester Magnum bolt action rifle, 3 round magazine) Added to the list

-AR-7 Survival Rifle (.22LR semi-auto rifle, 7 round magazine) Added to the list

-Springfield M6 Scout (.22LR/.410 combination gun, should be interesting to code) Someone suggested the predecessor to that one. IT would be a pain to code for sure, but I might be able to swing it after I get the coding from the next update done.

-Take a look at the Calico series of weapons.  Pretty interesting design that allows 50 or 100 rounds in one magazine.  They come in 9mm and .22LR, pistol and rifle. Added a couple to the list

-Springfield M1A (.308/7.62 semi-auto rifle, 10 or 20 round magazine) Added to the list

-Marlin 1895GBL (.45-70 lever-action rifle, 6 round tube magazine) Added to the list

Would you consider adding .22 Magnum or .17 HMR? If you can provide a minimum of 2 guns per caliber, absolutely.

Notes above in blue

.22 Magnum

-Kel-Tec PMR-30 (semi-auto pistol, 30 round magazine)

-NAA (North American Arms) Sidewinder (single-action pocket revolver, 5 round cylinder)

-Marlin XT-22 (bolt action rifle, offered with either a small detachable magazine or a larger tube magazine)

-Henry Pump Octagon (pump-action rifle, 12 round tube magazine)

.17 HMR

-Savage A-17 (semi-auto rifle, 10 round magazine)

-Ruger 77/17 (bolt-action rifle, 9 round magazine)

-Taurus Tracker 17 (double-action revolver, 7 round cylinder)

-Henry Varmint Express (lever-action rifle, 12 round tube magazine)

Made the trip from Muldraugh over to the gun store in West Point, got some neat stuff, including a 500 round can of 10mm and an American 180.  Found a 1000 round can of .22LR earlier breaking down storage units, so I'll be having fun later.

On another note I'm beginning to look like Morgan from The Walking Dead while he was raving mad.  I'm just living in the warehouse at the edge of Muldraugh with a camp and my big arsenal set up on the roof.

.22 Magnum

-Kel-Tec PMR-30 (semi-auto pistol, 30 round magazine)

-NAA (North American Arms) Sidewinder (single-action pocket revolver, 5 round cylinder)

-Marlin XT-22 (bolt action rifle, offered with either a small detachable magazine or a larger tube magazine)

-Henry Pump Octagon (pump-action rifle, 12 round tube magazine)

.17 HMR

-Savage A-17 (semi-auto rifle, 10 round magazine)

-Ruger 77/17 (bolt-action rifle, 9 round magazine)

-Taurus Tracker 17 (double-action revolver, 7 round cylinder)

-Henry Varmint Express (lever-action rifle, 12 round tube magazine)

Made the trip from Muldraugh over to the gun store in West Point, got some neat stuff, including a 500 round can of 10mm and an American 180.  Found a 1000 round can of .22LR earlier breaking down storage units, so I'll be having fun later.

On another note I'm beginning to look like Morgan from The Walking Dead while he was raving mad.  I'm just living in the warehouse at the edge of Muldraugh with a camp and my big arsenal set up on the roof.

Added them all to the list! I love hitting that gun store then holing up for the rest of the game on a hoard.

Now you just need to set up a mess of traps (if only that were doable)

I love the mod -you have improved the game and made it more realistic, considering the US is the most heavily armed country on earth and guns and ammo would be lying around in just about every house, not to mention numerous gun stores. I just have one question: in mot of these guns you can't actually see the gun when it is being wielded, like you can with the guns that came in the original game. Your character is seen holding an "invisible" weapon and shooting it. Do you plan on tweaking the mod to show the actual weapons - maybe just a standard rifle for any rifle and a handgun for any type of handgun? Thanks and keep up the good work!

Jarhead, there is a mod called Model Loader (by Jab) that allows the models to be visible from this mod! By the way, this mod has been working absolutely fantastically in multiplayer! I encounter a couple small problems however, when I am loading magazines (I play with normal reloading difficulty) and right click on another magazine, the ammunition in the magazine I was currently loading resets to 0. Also, for the Mosin nagant and SVD-Dragunov, I cannot seem to eject their magazines to load them.

Jarhead, there is a mod called Model Loader (by Jab) that allows the models to be visible from this mod! By the way, this mod has been working absolutely fantastically in multiplayer! I encounter a couple small problems however, when I am loading magazines (I play with normal reloading difficulty) and right click on another magazine, the ammunition in the magazine I was currently loading resets to 0. Also, for the Mosin nagant and SVD-Dragunov, I cannot seem to eject their magazines to load them.

You are right! I am not sure how to fix the reloading multiple mags issue... but I have been experimenting. Ass for the SVD that is and issue I will look into but a Mosin doesn't have mags. It loads from louse rounds or stripper clips if you find them

I'm busy with college work, but I'm so far ahead that I'm able to spare some time doing some art again. No guarantees of course, but if there are any guns that you need modelled I'll happily supply them when I can. One thing I probably won't be doing is the scale/rotation/translation and the script exportation, but we'll see. I did make a tutorial for that after all. :D

I'm busy with college work, but I'm so far ahead that I'm able to spare some time doing some art again. No guarantees of course, but if there are any guns that you need modelled I'll happily supply them when I can. One thing I probably won't be doing is the scale/rotation/translation and the script exportation, but we'll see. I did make a tutorial for that after all. :D

Any little bit helps!

More important need weapons would be the P90, American-180, M1 Thompson, A pistol with a long clip for the Beretta M93 or Glock 18, Skorpion, Obviously many more... but. those would be great!

It is awesome to see you back!

Any little bit helps!

More important need weapons would be the P90, American-180, M1 Thompson, A pistol with a long clip for the Beretta M93 or Glock 18, Skorpion, Obviously many more... but. those would be great!

I did a P90, didnt I?

Whichever of them I start working on, I'll make them less detailed to ensure that I can pump them out faster. All of my previous weapon textures were way too detailed because I spent a lot of time making them pretty. :P

I could probably just edit the Glock 21 that I did to have a high capacity magazine since that's just a 5 minute job. Aside from that, I'll do the Skorpion. I'll start work on them when I finish some college work. :)

Any little bit helps!

I did a P90, didnt I?

Derp, yes, my bad, Didn't actually look at my files. when I was making the list, just going off of (faulty) memory

Whichever of them I start working on, I'll make them less detailed to ensure that I can pump them out faster. All of my previous weapon textures were way too detailed because I spent a lot of time making them pretty. :P

I could probably just edit the Glock 21 that I did to have a high capacity magazine since that's just a 5 minute job. Aside from that, I'll do the Skorpion. I'll start work on them when I finish some college work. :)

Wonderful! I'm excited!

Woah im always in war in gun distribution, i edit them to spawn a bit more...But after edit it, started to search, testing what has changed and i didn't know why, no guns spawning anymore in bedroom  :shock: . Before i changed, i rarely find mags, but now i think i find nothing else. It's strange because my long break of playing, I managed to edit the distribution and it's worked well, of course now i don't remember how i did. I read in the topic (long posts ago !) what you have told me to change it, but it's not come back.

if rnd(10) >= 6 then...

(This could represent 50% of spawn rate isn't ?)

So if rnd(10) >= 9 then...

The chance is 80%, that sounds a bit like that in bedroom sometime 9 or 8, so good chance of spawn.

But why i find rarely gun or mags ?. I think if i search 20 bedrooms wardrobes, i will find something on only two or three wardrobes, and it will be mags or ammo...

If rnd(10) >= 6 then... means approximately 50% of spawning rate, why guns will spawn more if it would be 80% or 70%, that weird,

because the % is lower.

I hope you understand, because speaking lua script is not my thing lol  :???: .

Thanks!

I know it probably wouldn't make much difference, but it'd be cool to see optimizations done to vanilla weapons in PZ. The texture sizes are insanely big (128x128 for most) compared to what they could be (32x32 and much lower). Could help some people with older hardware, but ah well.

Thanks!

I know it probably wouldn't make much difference, but it'd be cool to see optimizations done to vanilla weapons in PZ. The texture sizes are insanely big (128x128 for most) compared to what they could be (32x32 and much lower). Could help some people with older hardware, but ah well.

Who is to say we can't? Reuse the models, name them slightly different and reduce the textures down.

Thanks!

Who is to say we can't? Reuse the models, name them slightly different and reduce the textures down.

I pretty much already did that with the shotgun, sawn shotgun and the hunting rifle, but I mean officially implemented. The textures just seem too big and a lot of optimization could be done. No biggie though. :D

Thanks!

I pretty much already did that with the shotgun, sawn shotgun and the hunting rifle, but I mean officially implemented. The textures just seem too big and a lot of optimization could be done. No biggie though. :D

Ah, Gotcha

Oct6Yj1.png

Slowly chipping away at the VZ61. Currently at 529 tris, so I'll try and optimize this before I unwrap and texture it. It should be done soon. :)

Are you okay with receiving these in .obj or would you prefer the .txt file? I'm assuming people still use Jab's Blender scripts?

Oct6Yj1.png

Slowly chipping away at the VZ61. Currently at 529 tris, so I'll try and optimize this before I unwrap and texture it. It should be done soon. :)

Are you okay with receiving these in .obj or would you prefer the .txt file? I'm assuming people still use Jab's Blender scripts?

.obj is fine. I haven't used Jabs blender script yet, but I will. I still need to convert the hunting rifle. Been lazy :mrgreen:

That is looking great!