• yes
    • No
  2. 2. SWAT Zombies

• yes
    • no
  3. 3. Zombies with missing limbs

• yes
    • no

Do you know what type of zombies should be in this game,or maybe should be placed later on  :???: 

Well first are the typical ones, the ones that play dead. It would be really thrilling just going around the area seeing a number of 20 bodies in front of you not knowing the 10 of those are actually still alive (or not double dead), but of course, there should be an option to disable this since it would actually annoy many players, but the thing is, to add more thrill into the game.

Another one are the "SWAT" zombies, if ever PZ has planned of this, put it in the future updates dudes.

SWAT zombies should be harder to kill, can't be killed with one bullet of a 9mm but maybe should be killed by one whole gauge shell, or knock them down for the player to just have free hits on it, and since their heavies, they would take more time to get back up once down. But when they do die, or when you managed to kill them, expect big loot from there bodies, maybe even get their body armor that would protect players more from being majorly damaged or from being scratched.

Add in other looking zombies, like the ones missing with at least one to two limbs, but one limb would really do and reducing the chances of it grabbing you.

These are all the things that I could just think for PZ, hope this is good for others  :shock:

Entered this thread under the assumption you would mention zombie animals, exploding zombies, zombies that could fire guns, zombies that could knock down walls in one attempt, zombies that could sprint/teleport/masturbate. +1 for not mentioning those things.

As for your post, I totally agree. Similar to Dead Frontier (terrible game but some interesting features), it would be cool to have random encounters that included rare types of zombies. Not necessarily even types, 'types' suggests they're of another.. 'form' if you will. Perhaps just.. encountering zombies that have been dealt uncommon circumstances. Imagine way down the line, you encounter a lone zombie engulfed in flames. This zombie poses a huge threat to you, having the potential to set your entire safehouse alight if it manages to break down your defenses. You nail the zombie in the head with a pistol, to look ahead in the distance; spotting a burning vehicle. The vehicle would be part of the meta-event, with a very small chance of appearing (similar to DayZ's crash-sites). But when it 'does' appear, you know you've seen something truly different and special. 

It would certainly give us something to talk about.

Imagine way down the line, you encounter a lone zombie engulfed in flames. This zombie poses a huge threat to you, having the potential to set your entire safehouse alight if it manages to break down your defenses.

You could set zombies on fire in earlier builds. A molotov was a good way to deal with concentrated hordes. The problem was, they kept moving for a while and could set you (and stuff) on fire too, so you could end up burning down the neighborhood. (There was no way to put out fires, even on yourself.)

Imagine way down the line, you encounter a lone zombie engulfed in flames. This zombie poses a huge threat to you, having the potential to set your entire safehouse alight if it manages to break down your defenses.

You could set zombies on fire in earlier builds. A molotov was a good way to deal with concentrated hordes. The problem was, they kept moving for a while and could set you (and stuff) on fire too, so you could end up burning down the neighborhood. (There was no way to put out fires, even on yourself.)

and that's when the buckets and others come in :D

Romero's original Ghouls were afraid of fire (night of the living dead 1968) so it would be nice if Molotov's/Campfires worked as a deterrent as opposed to killing/attracting zombies.... I'm thinking it would take a long time for a zombie to burn to "death" so flaming zombies that set fire to the whole neighbourhood could be interesting, I don't know about random flaming zombies but flaming zombies from meta-events would be cool

EDIT:

Say you hear an explosion down the street, then all of a sudden there are 5-10 flaming zombies running around setting stuff on fire until their fire goes out, leaving the zombie relatively unharmed :)

Zombies with guns - definitely NO ! I`ve seen enough of that in "Fort Zombie" and there was pretty much of glitches. Yes zombie that can shoot you it`s hardcore but when they can shoot through the walls .... belive me this is pain in the ass. I`ve survived in this mess because it was a real challenge. But after that I don`t wanna play again in it.

Different kind of zombies it`s a good idea anyway. It`s already half done because you can change zombies settings at the begining of the sandbox game. But still it`s no so perfect i mean if you could choose few different types of the it would be just great. Regular (just normal) / sprinters (pretty fast but not so tough) / tanky zombies (strong, tough and slow of course). Also to make them look different.

While SWAT or other "armoured" zombies offer a change of pace and tactics, the problem is realistically how many such zombies would you actually encounter?  I guess you could say that in an emergency situation many soldiers and law enforcement people would be deployed in that kind of gear, but still it would be a tiny number compared to the overall population.

Of course it could be an option in sandbox to alter their numbers, but then we also start to cross into the notion of the game having special zombies which I believe was generally something to be avoided.  There have been other discussions about putting elements into sandbox that are not in line with the fundamentals, and even restricted to sandbox mode those suggestions were often met with much resistance.

The SWAT wouldn't fire guns, the only thing with them is just that they take time to kill, how bout this, they can be killed by a simple knife to the neck, just so they wouldn't be that much of an op unit. but since you really need a knife to kill them, they shouldn't be in big numbers.

And look at the bright side, you would be able to get their armor and oher equipment after.

So... instead of getting worrid like : "OH MY GAWD ITS A SWAT ZOMBIE!" You will be like, OH YES ARMOR AND OTHER MILITARY STUFF!" Uprise for them is just that they will be friggin annoying when with hordes

While SWAT or other "armoured" zombies offer a change of pace and tactics, the problem is realistically how many such zombies would you actually encounter? I guess you could say that in an emergency situation many soldiers and law enforcement people would be deployed in that kind of gear, but still it would be a tiny number compared to the overall population.

Of course it could be an option in sandbox to alter their numbers, but then we also start to cross into the notion of the game having special zombies which I believe was generally something to be avoided. There have been other discussions about putting elements into sandbox that are not in line with the fundamentals, and even restricted to sandbox mode those suggestions were often met with much resistance.

Dude, the SWAT zombie is not really such a special zombie, It would just be another normal zombie, who's slow in getting back up on t's feet but has big armor. besides, it doesn't go out from the thing called reality, it doesn't have any mutations, and the fact that there ARE military treatments within a whole zombie happening.

Well I think crawlers actually play dead... from what I heard from a 3rd party. IF they don't they probably should.

As for armored zombies I can see this happening. Zombiefied military and police personal that over time have lose of of their armour or retained some. no full gear.

As for zombies missing limbs etc. All for it, 100%.

Yes, crawlers seem like dead zombies and spawn like regular ones and already dead ones, so when you encounter a seemingly dead zombie it might suddenly try to attack you. Also when you down a zombie it has a chance of becoming a crawler so you should always make sure that it is really dead. The animation when the crawlers do the first attack is a bit glitchy imo but I'm sure it'll be fixed.

I don't think a town the size of Muldraugh would have a SWAT-team... But maybe when Fort Knox will be in, there will be zombies in army uniforms and gear. But I don't think they should be any different than normal ones (which they are except for the gear) maybe if they have a helmet they would be harder to critical kill. Remember that it doesn't matter if they have a 20cm Kevlar armor on their chest, if you smash them in the head with a sledgehammer they will go down. It's the brain that matters.

Zombies without limbs. Definitely yes. And maybe even be able to have a small chance of breaking a limb on a z. It was discussed somewhere at some point, but I just can't find where.

The question is, with the SWAT zombies, would they have gone home/taken off work for a few days after they got bit?

would they still be in armour? 

They would probably be discharged for a few days to collect themselves after such a traumatic event, and then re-animated at home.

The armour would probably be at the police station, waiting to be put on again.

Just a thought  :)

The question is, with the SWAT zombies, would they have gone home/taken off work for a few days after they got bit?

They would probably be discharged for a few days to collect themselves after such a traumatic event, and then re-animated at home.

I thought about this too, but it's not totally unbelievable that many would die on duty.  Getting shot by a person, hit by a vehicle, getting overwhelmed or trampled by people.  I guess you could even imagine them getting swarmed by zombies but not being torn apart due to the armour, then turning.  There's a bunch of possibilities.  I still think that they should be quite rare though.

I thought about this too, but it's not totally unbelievable that many would die on duty.  Getting shot by a person, hit by a vehicle, getting overwhelmed or trampled by people.  I guess you could even imagine them getting swarmed by zombies but not being torn apart due to the armour, then turning.  There's a bunch of possibilities.  I still think that they should be quite rare though.

What about SWAT just don`t know that they will transform because when you start the game everything is alredy happen. SWATs thought that they fighting with crazy peoples and not with zombies . 

What about SWAT just don`t know that they will transform because when you start the game everything is alredy happen. SWATs thought that they fighting with crazy peoples and not with zombies . 

While this stuff has already been discussed to death before, here's the deal: 

A. Realistically, there would be turned security forces. It's just logical. SWAT forces would be one of the first to go against the zeds (though I've always thought they'd actually have alot of success against them... but that's another argument), and no doubt they exist. 

B. This is a tricky situation. The devs have a strict no special zombie policy. Now, I know that a SWAT zombie wouldn't be 'special' in terms of logic, but in game mechanics, what we're looking at here is a super tough zombie that has a crap load more health/ability to not be stabbed.

However... it would really depend how it's implemented, IF it's implemented. Graphically missing limbs would be tricky. SWAT armour, I think, if implemented as attire that worked the same as the currently implemented clothes, would be acceptable. Just not special, unique zombies that have different behavior or anything. Nothing to make them stand out as 'special'. They need to blend in to the hordes- that's part of the game's charm. 

• 2 weeks later...

A small town like this would probably not even had a swat team, my city of 125k doens't even have a true swat team, only officers that double up on swat if needed. I don't really thing swat should be a thing but maybe a rare officer zombie that has a bullet proof vest that has higher resistance to bullets but near normal resistance to physical weapons. I would love to see half eaten zombies though haha

Wow. Play dead zombies. Seriously? Zombies aren't that smart.

They could be in a comatose state until some kind of stimuli wakes them up (you). Realistically army and police units would be sent out even to a place like Muldragh to protect the civilians and stop "rioters" until they figure out they are corpses and they would succeed in eliminating them at least until another infection starts. In zomboid the zombies somehow were able to beat back the government and naturally there would be security check points and the people who were guarding them zombified and the men who fought back also zombified 

Anyways I don't know much about the lore about the game is the zombie virus global or isolated in a quarantined Muldragh? 

I remember it would be a quarantined area, but I'm not sure about that and they're probably never going to tell anything else lore wise... So they'll put stuff in and it's your job to figure out why it's there. It's like reading a book in reverse. You see the characters and events but nobody's telling you what's happening or why. They put you in a position where you have to use your imagination to figure stuff out. And that's a really rare thing in modern games. And it's also awesome!

Personnally I wouldn't expect SWAT/army/whatever to show up in a town like Muldraugh, i'd think they would have been way more busy elsewhere... concentrating on bigger areas first (and failing :))

I could definitely expect a few (very few) zombie policemen/sherif though, without anything special other than the appearance, and maybe a high chance of finding a handgun on them (although empty or with just a few bullets) or whatever antiriot weapon they're supposed to use.

Problem with missing limbs zed is that it will add some work on the animation dept., and once they're in, well... We will want missing arms, etc. :P so doing every combination would require additional work.

Still I think it would be great to consider.

EDIT : Oh, for the sheriff, add a cowboy hat and a sheriff insignia too :P

hmmm... getting body armor off a re-dead zombie... think about that... if you got it off him, how well did it protect him? it's useless and would just slow you down

Yeah, this works better in the Walking Dead lore where everyone is infected.