Is it such a big deal that you can kill women in CoD now?

Pixel Bombs

So I just got finished watching this:

And all I can really say is who cares? Killing women in video games at all should be a non-issue in my honest opinion. I can maybe understand doing a double take and going "woah, they added chicks?" when first shown it since this is the first time in CoD where you are able to play and kill other female characters, but to the degree in which these guys were takin back is a little absurd to me.

They act like the killing of a woman in a video game is disturbing yet they perfectly acknowledge that the point of CoD is to kill everything that moves. Hell, they even give other examples in games where you can play and kill other female characters.

I think its time for these people to move on and stop caring so much about what a jumble of polygons in a make believe world looks like.

The problem with the COD franchise since MW2 for me has become that they seem to rely more on "shocking effects" instead of actual gameplay.

It's like Moorhuhn only with good graphics and it makes me angry that it is treated as such a high quality game.

Hate all COD's after MW2,

As for the women thing, it might feel weird at the start, but everyone will become accustomed to it in the future when more gaming companies will introduce more of these related issues.

Goodbye Sexism.

Never played any CoD MW, Halo or any of those games. I've played the GTA series.

But, on killing women in games/movies.... Who cares, as long as it ain't cats or kittens.

You should DEFINITELY check out postal 2, then.

Never played any CoD MW, Halo or any of those games. I've played the GTA series.

But, on killing women in games/movies.... Who cares, as long as it ain't cats or kittens.

Never played that either.. Remember Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards??

160495.png

I played some MMORPG Everquest 2 and Age of Conan and i always played female character because i didnt want to stare at guys ass all time so no big problem to me and i wonder why is big problem they talk about this but i wont play CoD cause its not my type of game.

Never played that either.. Remember Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards??

160495.png

In Postal 2, you can use a cat's asshole as a silencer

Frankly, I think the only good CoD games are the ones from WaW and before, and Black Ops 1 and 2. I enjoy the whole storyline of Black Ops, although I prefer 2, because 1 was a bit too zany for the time period. However BO2's futuristic setting and rather compelling story, and the choices effecting the ending was actually very fun.

But now you have CoD Ghost making a big deal about soldiers having breasts and a vagina. Of course.

Please, there are horror movies that are worse than the kind of women killing that would be in CoD. Or Lara Croft, for that matter. I didn't hear people bitching about her dying in the million gruesome ways she could. In fact there were a lot of people saying that it set an atmosphere for the game. Another case of double standards.

Love how the woman in a Middle Eastern war zone still bothers to do her lashes and put on eyeliner, foundation, and blush. Probably the last place on Earth you'd want to doll up. Same thing bugged me with Metro: Last Light, Fallout 3 & NV, Left 4 Dead, Your average non-conscript military woman more often resembles an Ukranian olympic shotputter named Olga than Lara Croft. Then again, the butthurt amongst 13 y/o male gamers would be legendary if the female characters had crewcuts, flat chests, and broad shoulders.

The problem with the COD franchise since MW2 for me has become that they seem to rely more on "shocking effects" instead of actual gameplay.

It's like Moorhuhn only with good graphics and it makes me angry that it is treated as such a high quality game.

the CoD duty franchise is actually known to cut corners on their graphics but If we are comparing it a game with graphics like pacman (never played Moorhuhn) then I understand what you mean.

Wait, people are saying that adding women as playable characters is sexist? But... weren't there complaints about women not being featured in a lot of video games as well?

Fuck this is stupid. If women died in a different way, or were all forced to have perfect makeup, or had mandatory pink guns, or some stupid bollocks like that, I could understand it. But from what I've seen, female soldiers in CoD are literally just the same as male soldiers. All the same abilities. Same guns. Same objectives. Hell, isn't this a step forward for feminism?

There's a lot of truth in a lot of feminist ideas, but remember people, don't judge a whole movement by the stupid members.

This is one of those issues that cannot be 'won'. The human race is a pathetic thing that just can't agree on anything, so there's always two sides. Don't add in chicks, it's sexist. Add in chicks, and holy mother of bacon, that's unacceptable (Huh. Apparentely I'm more suitable for being killed. Nice to know that). It's also important that if somebody of high standing/popularity says something, people are going to take it as if half the world just went up.

It's a clash between classical thoughts/beliefs that have lasted us for... ever, really (woman as non-combatants) and more modern thoughts of equal rights... which sometimes gets out of hand.

Hell, isn't this a step forward for feminism?

No, it's a step forward for equality and women. Feminism is a movement for special privelages.

There's a lot of truth in a lot of feminist ideas.

Name two that haven't already been realized.

Don't judge a whole movement by the stupid members.

Nobody does this, otherwise we'd all be almost completely tolerant of almost everyone. But applause for a noble concept none the less.

I think they should take out black people. I don't like black people being able to killed. It reminds of the past, where black slaves were killed for disobeying orders, and makes me think that Call of Duty is racist. It also makes me feel that the game encourages the wanton slaughter of black people. 

Ban this vile game.

Sarcasm..?

I think they should take out black people. I don't like black people being able to killed. It reminds of the past, where black slaves were killed for disobeying orders, and makes me think that Call of Duty is racist. It also makes me feel that the game encourages the wanton slaughter of black people. 

Ban this vile game.

Sarcasm..?

I also think killing anyone is wrong but they should be given a vital role in this game.

Fixed that for ya :P

Fixed that for ya :P

But I was being completely sarcastic

Hell, I want more games where I can shoot children point-blank in the face

WHAT THE...Why is that a normal smiley and not one of the pink ones?

But I was being completely sarcastic

Hell, I want more games where I can shoot children point-blank in the face

Every Bethesda game needs this implemented.

Good luck on that I'm amazed skyrim has children at all.

Archived