Is it such a big deal that you can kill women in CoD now?

Pixel Bombs

No, it's a step forward for equality and women. Feminism is a movement for special privelages.

Name two that haven't already been realized.

Nobody does this, otherwise we'd all be almost completely tolerant of almost everyone. But applause for a noble concept none the less.

Semantics shmemantics.

The removal of sexual double standards i.e. slut-shaming aaaaaaaaaaand oh wait hold on lack of women's rights in saudi arabia is always a good one. Unless you just mean in "western" society, which could be pay disparity, which is still an issue.

Come on, don't pretend you've never felt justified in your views when someone of the opposite stance does something really really stupid. I know plenty of people who point at MRA chaps and say "look at those fedora-wearing neckbeards" and those same neckbeards pointing back and saying "look at those feminazis wanting to give themselves more rights than us". People looooooooove to stereotype.

No, it's a step forward for equality and women. Feminism is a movement for special privelages.

Name two that haven't already been realized.

Nobody does this, otherwise we'd all be almost completely tolerant of almost everyone. But applause for a noble concept none the less.

Semantics shmemantics.

The removal of sexual double standards i.e. slut-shaming aaaaaaaaaaand oh wait hold on lack of women's rights in saudi arabia is always a good one. Unless you just mean in "western" society, which could be pay disparity, which is still an issue.

Saudi Arabia is a whole 'nother issue and one feminism is not nearly equipped to deal with.

As for the pay disparity it's false, it's due to the fact that men work more and occupy the VAST majority of risky jobs. Not to mention the differences in occupation are staggering. On top of ALL THAT they also take time off work for child birth and child care.

http://www.bls.gov/iif/oshwc/cfoi/cfch0010.pdf

The 77-cent figure compares the median pay of all full time, year-round male and female workers, regardless of occupation.

How about men dieing in 92% of workplace related deaths? Is that equality?

I said name two you gave me one (Saudi Arabia while in need of Equality cannot be helped by feminism).

Come the year 2300 Saudi Arabia will still be ass-backwards.

Never played any CoD MW, Halo or any of those games. I've played the GTA series.

But, on killing women in games/movies.... Who cares, as long as it ain't cats or kittens.

You should DEFINITELY check out postal 2, then.

Never played that either.. Remember Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards??

In Postal 2 you can attach cats on your gun and use it as a silencer.

Never played any CoD MW, Halo or any of those games. I've played the GTA series.

But, on killing women in games/movies.... Who cares, as long as it ain't cats or kittens.

You should DEFINITELY check out postal 2, then.

Never played that either.. Remember Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards??

In Postal 2 you can attach cats on your gun and use it as a silencer.

I'm starting to not like this thread no more :(. Poor Kitties.

Saudi Arabia is a whole 'nother issue and one feminism is not nearly equipped to deal with.

As for the pay disparity it's false, it's due to the fact that men work more and occupy the VAST majority of risky jobs. Not to mention the differences in occupation are staggering. On top of ALL THAT they also take time off work for child birth and child care.

http://www.bls.gov/iif/oshwc/cfoi/cfch0010.pdf

The 77-cent figure compares the median pay of all full time, year-round male and female workers, regardless of occupation.

How about men dieing in 92% of workplace related deaths? Is that equality?

I said name two you gave me one (Saudi Arabia while in need of Equality cannot be helped by feminism).

Come the year 2300 Saudi Arabia will still be ass-backwards.

I don't really see how the situation in Saudi Arabia is not one that is handled by feminism. It's an issue of women's rights. Sure surely a view that advocates purely for women's rights is one that should have a hand in the change, right?

Women would be taking up far more of the risky jobs if they were given the social ability to actually do so. I also don't see how women should be penalized for taking time off work to actually give birth to a child. It's not exactly a holiday you know. Especially when society places expectations on women to be married and have kids by the time they are thirty, though thankfully that view is changing as well. Women are now expected to work domestically and professionally, coming home from their job at the office in order to cook dinner for their family. It's the double burden. Now you're saying that women should be paid less because they are fulfilling the expectations that society places upon them?

Men dying at work is directly correlated to the fact that they do risky jobs. Once again, if women were actually more accepted in doing these risky jobs (soldiery, policing, construction, etc), then perhaps those figures would be more even.

"Any given raw wage gap can be decomposed into an explained part due to differences in characteristics such as education, hours worked, work experience, and occupation, and an unexplained part which is typically attributed to discrimination.[16] The U.S. Congress Joint Economic Committee shows that "as explained inequities decrease, the unexplained pay gap remains unchanged.[17] Cornell University economists Francine Blau and Lawrence Kahn stated that while the overall size of the wage gap has decreased somewhat over time, the proportion of the gap that is unexplained by human capital variables is increasing.[18]

Using Current Population Survey (CPS) data for 1979 and 1995 and controlling for education, experience, personal characteristics, parental status, city and region, occupation, industry, government employment, and part-time status, Yale University economics professor Joseph G. Altonji and the United States Secretary of Commerce Rebecca M. Blank found that only about 27% of the gender wage gap in each year is explained by differences in such characteristics.[19]"

"A 2010 study by Catalyst, a nonprofit that works to expand opportunities for women in business, of male and female MBA graduates found that after controlling for career aspirations, parental status, years of experience, industry, and other variables, male graduates are more likely to be assigned jobs of higher rank and responsibility and earn, on average, $4,600 more than women in their first post-MBA jobs."

A study showed that if a white woman in an all-male workplace moved to an all-female workplace, she would lose 7% of her wages. If a black woman did the same thing, she would lose 19% of her wages.[44] Another study calculated that if female-dominated jobs did not pay lower wages, women's median hourly pay nationwide would go up 13.2% (men's pay would go up 1.1%, due to raises for men working in "women's jobs").[45]

Straight from Wikipedia. Although arguably these statistics need to be updated.

I think they should take out black people. I don't like black people being able to killed. It reminds of the past, where black slaves were killed for disobeying orders, and makes me think that Call of Duty is racist. It also makes me feel that the game encourages the wanton slaughter of black people.

Ban this vile game.

No. They should leave black people in. I love runing around as a black man, that just

kills everything.

I can't really say much other than everybody I know who plays CoD (after WaW) are "those kind of guys" who have that "You can't hit a woman becuase then she wont sleep with you" kind of mind-set.

They . . . just need to meet the right woman.

Oh God, I'll show myself out now.

Still not clean . . .

I can't really say much other than everybody I know who plays CoD (after WaW) are "those kind of guys" who have that "You can't hit a woman becuase then she wont sleep with you" kind of mind-set.

Still not clean . . .

That post... It's still not right!

Still not clean . . .

Oh God Enigma. y u do dis.

People are complaining about adding women to multiplayer and yet we still played the airport massacre of COD MW2 (lets admit it, we all enjoyed it just a touch).

Can we put in the counter argument that we only want women to die in games as we find it offensive that its always us guys that have to die?  :razz:

Archived