The Fishing System

RobertJohnson

Fishing is totally broken after hotfix3...

Now we fish instantly...
I caught about 6 fish in 10 seconds  :wacko:

i can confirm this.

If my line is gone, i need another line and hook to fix it?

My char. gets bored from fishing. I dont know about this. I never fished alone. Fishing with a friend was fun. But the fun part was spending time with my friend, not so much the fishing part, i guess.

Who goes fishing for fun? And what do you do while waiting? Or is fishing the fun-part?

You dont have to wait while fishing, if you are "flyfishing", or pulling the "plasticfish with hooks-thing" through the water. you could add these methods maybe.

Fishing is totally broken after hotfix3...

Now we fish instantly...
I caught about 6 fish in 10 seconds  :wacko:

Ok this is about a hotfix: I just come back from fishing and I got about the same result as yours, and I was starting to wonder about the meaning of waiting from RJ's point of view! ;) 

Anyway, this activity seems really great from a survivalist perspective: just add hunting, and food system will be totally complete! I hope this instant fishing issue will be fixed soon, so that this noble art could express his majestic subtleties freely! (Gosh! Poetic mood tonight!)

This is SO one of my favorite things in zomboid. I dislike farming, it's implementation is great, I just don't like watering the plants!

But fishing? Nice and relaxing when in your safe house. Should reduce panic slightly imo, kind of tranquil. Of course, overpowered atm, but I know it will be balanced as time goes on.

Thanks for the continued awesomeness, Rj, indie stone. :)

As a public service announcement, I just have to say, live bait in vending machines isn't wierd when you grow up in the midwest. I think the apple product vending at airports is weirder. You see, most of the hardcore people who use live bait are doing their fishing in the wee hours. They like to get started at 4 am or so. Now this means you can get your bait the day before, possibly stored in poor conditions, or wait til the shops open. Who wants to open a damn bait shop at 4 am?

The vending machines solve this. The shops load the machine at night, and the unit keeps the bait at the ideal temperature regardless of the outside temp. Drive up at 3:45 and you're at the lake at 4. If you need to bring em back in, the owner just pops the door open and pulls the containers back inside. Its a fancy climate control unit, kinda like a bait hotel, that needs constant upkeep and maintenance and reloading with fresh bait.

Mex

Also lets get a hoard of 50+ people and start mass fishing and use fish as a currency to buy fishing rods O_o will be fishtastic

Offtopic

(don't want to be rude) But there is a signature for a reason instead of entering 3 times just to get down there and type in 3 letters. It saves time you know?

Dunno if I'm just bein thick or something but how do you get new line onto the fishing rod when the old stuff breaks I got about 6 rods with no line at the moment lol

Mex

You need twine or fishing twine, iirc, in your main inventory and then you'll just probably have the option to "fix" or some other prompt when you right click the fishing rod. Hope it works! :P

Offtopic

Mex

(don't want to be rude) But there is a signature for a reason instead of entering 3 times just to get down there and type in 3 letters. It saves time you know?

(don't want to be rude) But there're offtopic tags for offtopic chatter. ;)

[offtopic]stuff not on topic[/offtopic]

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will stand around in a boat and drink beer all day"

So step 2 in the addition of fishing would be to add beer, so you toon would not get bored :-D.

Anyway, I digress from my actual question... For all the hours I've played the game I have yet to find water. Anyone willing to add some spoilers on water locations so I can give fishing a try?

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will stand around in a boat and drink beer all day"

So step 2 in the addition of fishing would be to add beer, so you toon would not get bored :-D.

Anyway, I digress from my actual question... For all the hours I've played the game I have yet to find water. Anyone willing to add some spoilers on water locations so I can give fishing a try?

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/ as you will notice, it is primarily in west point, though dreadwood has a small pond and bedford falls has some lakes and a river