Weird people in multiplayer lately.

Rikashey

So I have everything I could possibly need in terms of supplies and want to help out other players. I mean, the game feels like singleplayer but with lag. I need some human interaction.

So I go on chat and ask if anyone needs food because I have plenty. This one girl says she would like to meet up and whatnot. So I head down to her location and gift her a bag full of 108 tomatoes.

I originally planned to give her the tomatoes along with about 58 broccoli and 70 cabbages but couldn't carry it all so I dumped everything but the tomatoes near some random stairs on the highway.

Anyways, I gift her the tomatoes and was about to invite her to my group.

The picture says it all about what happened next.

wLokA5B.jpg

I gifted her the damn tomatoes... I don't understand how she's ripping me off. I have like 5x more than that at base.

Anyways, I go ahead and ask if anyone else needs help and this one guy wants it.

I meet him at Fossoil and bring him to where I had dropped all the other veggies.

He grabs some of the veggies and tells me that he's sick and explains to me that he got attacked by a zombies.

I offer to mercy kill him and watch his body until he gets back.

This is what happened...

cX4GjHx.jpg

He tried to shoot me but didn't have any rounds in pistol. I just stood there and waited until he reloaded. He then shot off all his bullets and was confounded as to why I was still standing.

The dood forgot to turn off safety mode.

I then walked over to him and gave him 3 axe swings.

I don't understand their behaviour. I mean, I wasn't looking to rob or kill them. I just wanted to help them out.

People are dicks. If I ever play online at all it's on a private server with no more than two or three close friends.

Exactly.

Honestly, Seeing as how PZ is a fairly 'small' player map (for people who aren't looking at the PZ map) and they either walk off in a random direction and die, or they stay close to the spawning area. 

The saddest point about PZ is that there will be people who will assholes for the 'fun' of being an asshole. Why? Because it's just a game. I wish servers had the option of being able to force a spawn time. 

You die, you can't come back for 30 minutes or something. It would deter the endless waves of Steam trolls.

Maybe I'll suggest it, I dunno.

Anyway, another thing that makes me sad about PZ: Immaturity will be attracted to it, just like any game. 

I've had experiences like that on random multiplayer servers.

Asshats everywhere.

There are good people out there.

But mainly asshats :P

You die, you can't come back for 30 minutes or something. It would deter the endless waves of Steam trolls.

Maybe I'll suggest it, I dunno.

I think that makes it even worse. Griefer kills you, you can't come back for 30 minutes.

Whoo hoo

I think people use the same mentality that happens in DayZ, KOS (Kill On Sight) where they basically trust no one and prevent getting stabbed in the back by killing everyone they see and encounter.

Judging from the chat, I'd wager that the guy you offered to mercy kill didn't understand the value of the mercy killing. Especially since he didn't realize his gun was unloaded AND on safety.

The other player, though, kinda weird. That's what happens when you play on pubs! Makes for some interesting forum posts though haha

Thank you almighty theindiestone for having the single player alternative.

I belive i will never join a public server people like that is the reason why

I do believe that the experience with friends and with good random people far outweighs the frustrating moments.

I feel like I'd be missing out if I didn't play MP every now and then.

I never reveal "who I am" but there already are "server friends".

So I have everything I could possibly need in terms of supplies and want to help out other players. I mean, the game feels like singleplayer but with lag. I need some human interaction.

So I go on chat and ask if anyone needs food because I have plenty. This one girl says she would like to meet up and whatnot. So I head down to her location and gift her a bag full of 108 tomatoes.

I originally planned to give her the tomatoes along with about 58 broccoli and 70 cabbages but couldn't carry it all so I dumped everything but the tomatoes near some random stairs on the highway.

Anyways, I gift her the tomatoes and was about to invite her to my group.

The picture says it all about what happened next.

wLokA5B.jpg

I gifted her the damn tomatoes... I don't understand how she's ripping me off. I have like 5x more than that at base.

Anyways, I go ahead and ask if anyone else needs help and this one guy wants it.

I meet him at Fossoil and bring him to where I had dropped all the other veggies.

He grabs some of the veggies and tells me that he's sick and explains to me that he got attacked by a zombies.

I offer to mercy kill him and watch his body until he gets back.

This is what happened...

cX4GjHx.jpg

He tried to shoot me but didn't have any rounds in pistol. I just stood there and waited until he reloaded. He then shot off all his bullets and was confounded as to why I was still standing.

The dood forgot to turn off safety mode.

I then walked over to him and gave him 3 axe swings.

I don't understand their behaviour. I mean, I wasn't looking to rob or kill them. I just wanted to help them out.

The autism is strong with this 'Dane'

I agree with Nasko. Even the bandits and kill on sight people don't scare me off public servers. Just started trying MP in the last week and having bought PZ two years ago this has added a great deal of excitement to playing. All credit to the developers and community of server hosts. This game has me hooked yet again!

I've met my fair share of people on these servers xD

Once I ran into these two guys and naturally, being a good loner like i am, I avoided social contact and ran off. Only to be yelled to 'STOP!' accompanied by them trying to shoot at me to get me to stop. Apparently, if someone shoots at you then you should stop and be all 'OOOOOoooo you seem friendly!' I'll take my chances with the zombles. They may not have a functioning brain but at least I understand what they want; MY brain :P 

I prefer to think they are humans on the first stages of zombification.

OR maybe Dane was roleplaying and simply didn't want to be 'merci'-killed by some stranger in the streets.

But what am I saying ... surely he must be stupid because he didn't think / act like you genius folks.

Maybe they really are among the kind souls, who, seeing the lack of NPCs, decided to take on roleplaying all the crazies that a zombie apocalypse would inevitably generate ?

What can I say - imagine Aunt Petunia in her gardening outfit come at you with teeth, nails and a trovel, frothing at the mouth like a berserker from hell. Not enough to turn you into a raving lunatic ? How about everyone you ever knew becoming one with the 99% (in this case not as benevolent as one might be inclined to think) ? It takes a bit to make one insane, but forgetting to reload/flip the safety before shooting someone ? Even a sane, but fresh gun user can do that (mind you, not the running around shooting people part).

PS: Is that a stairway to heaven in the second screenshot ?

I don't see why anyone would dislike odd behaviour like Dane's. I'd just take it as a funny encounter. Since I like roleplaying, I'd just pretend he is a crazy/scared/nervous survivor (which might actually be what he wants me to do as well.)

Proving once again that you can't properly communicate with text on a screen. We really need some in-game proximity-based voice chat. At least then they'd understand more clearly what you mean without having to give them all the time in the world to figure out how to kill you while you type. It's hard for some to have remorse or empathy when you seem like nothing more than an NPC with an agenda. Without voice, it's even worse encouragement for PVP than DayZ.

For sure there are some weirdos out there though. You just have to make friends with the sane ones and stick together. Kind of realistic in that sense at least.

Proving once again that you can't properly communicate with text on a screen. We really need some in-game proximity-based voice chat. At least then they'd understand more clearly what you mean without having to give them all the time in the world to figure out how to kill you while you type. It's hard for some to have remorse or empathy when you seem like nothing more than an NPC with an agenda. Without voice, it's even worse encouragement for PVP than DayZ.

For sure there are some weirdos out there though. You just have to make friends with the sane ones and stick together. Kind of realistic in that sense at least.

I've communicated through online messaging and forums for years with only the occasional misinterpretation.

Perhaps you could point out where you think Rik is having trouble interpreting their antics?

Who said anything about Rik having trouble? I was referring to the others not understanding Rik, or rather his intentions. I suppose it's still valid either way. Forums and IMs don't require defending yourself in real-time.

But hey, voice chat would only help to decrease confusion in these first-time encounters online. We don't want that. No, let's not bother with such observations or suggestions. That would only be beneficial. It's far better to just have people not care and kill on site instead. After all, if it's not broke why improve it? It's better to assume they will kill you and just do it first. Besides, it's easy to run or attack while you are typing something. It's not impossible at all.

/sarcasm  :P

Archived