What not to do as a newbie

Alright, so I have a love for sandbox survival games but not so much zombies. I hate zombies with a passion and will never hug one or date one and the most intimate thing I would do to them is to bash their heads in with a club.

But somehow I cannot find a better excuse for an apocalypse which allows a lucky few to still walk the surface of the Earth (mostly) unscathed and yet still have something to fear. So I am here, Project Zomboid.

I'm a relatively new player and haven't even survived a week thus far. :P

What would you say that a newbie should absolutely not do in order not to die an early death? For example, drinking bleach (duh). Avoid the rain, don't make too much noise, etc.

Find an axe, saw, nails, farming tools and off u go to build Neverland.
Also live on the woods, zombies don't know your address there so they won't find u. And u'll prob end up dying with a stair glitch so have fun!! 

Also bleach is your cure against zombie bites , although u have a 5% chance of survival when bitten. 

I'd recommend trying the sandbox and turning off zombification until you play a few times and get a good enough grasp of gameplay.
Also, Strong is a good perk to have when trying to figure out what you need to take with you, as this drastically increases your load capacity and knockback.

You are NOT John Rambo McFacesmashington. Try not to attack zombies unless you have a good reason, as all it takes is a small slipup, and you're bitten.

Cracking skulls makes NOISE. Check to see if the coast is clear before delivering the coup de grace.

The exhausted moodle makes a fool of us all. Even a single zombie can ruin your day if you're too tired to shove it back.

Two handed weapons exhaust you quite quickly if you're holding them one handed. Do you want to carry some more loot, or be safer when moving what you have? Remember a crowbar makes a great one handed weapon.

To make and hang a sheet rope, all you need is a nail and two pieces of clothing, no hammer required. Bringing a nail or two out when looting could mean the difference between two broken legs or a clean getaway.

Archived