what instrument do you play?

ac30fspad35

I was really into the keyboard and stuff for a while as a kid, but kinda stopped playing for a while. A few years later, when I was about 13-14, I got a violin and a little instruction thingy on it and my  brother got an electronic drum kit. I played both of them a bit, and I did a lot better on the drums, which he didn't really play that much, than I did on the violin. However, I took it back up a little bit about a month or two ago and I actually managed to produce some really cool sounds by trying really hard to study the way it sounded and stuff. Sometimes I also fiddle around with Mixxx, but I don't really share anything or use my own content or anything like that.

Hey !

Well, much things for me, my favourite weapon is guitar, here's a part of my lil' family :

77887_462416862899_5670544_o.jpg

So, an Epiphone custom cherry on the left, in the middle my 2nd wife : Helena (yeah, for Helena Bonham Carter, the most beautiful woman in da worldz), a wonderfull Gibson Custom Goldtop 56 for a fucking awesome bluesy sound, and on the right a stratocaster that I relic-ed (?) into a Rory Gallagher one (I love this guy :D).

On the background, my 2 amps, 1 Bandit 112, and one awesome Peavy classic 50, 4x10hp, 80w lamps... That's why I usualy play without any pedals, just need the Goldtop and the Classic 50 :D

I also have (but no pics, damn, I need to take some..) my 3rd wife, Marla (for Marla Singer :D) a Gibson LG0 from 1966, this look like this : http://cdn1.gbase.com/usercontent/gear/3157995/p1_ufohiqy4u_so.jpg it's a Parlor, so really for the blues and not really folk/pop thingy (who want to play Oasis on a 48years old guitar..)

It's an old lady, but she sound like no one else, everytime I play some RJ stuff with it, I have goosebumps (even if he didn't owned a LG0, the sound look the same :D)

I also have a Roland TD6 (electronic drums) with lot of things on it, I find this drums perfect for reharsal AND gig ! The only problem is it's pretty small, and I love to hit hard the drums, I love doing good ol' Led Zeppelin stuff (R.I.P. my lovely John Bonham) so I need to hit hard :D

Also some harmonica (mostly marine band), and one really old Hohner from my grand father.

Aaaaaand (it start to be long, eh.) some piano, I have a Roland-thing as piano, but I don't play piano much these day :(

I also now sing a lot (or well, like I said, i yell a lot :D, used to sing stuff like Led Zep, the Stones, Lenny Kravitz, etc..), so I have a Shure Super 55 as micro, here's what it look like :

SHURE-SUPER55-PACK.119.jpg

Ok, now I swear, that's all ! And yeah, I still have time to code (but.. well, I have 2 guitars in the small room at home I work in... Damn :D)

Hey !

Well, much things for me, my favourite weapon is guitar, here's a part of my lil' family :

So, an Epiphone custom cherry on the left, in the middle my 2nd wife : Helena (yeah, for Helena Bonham Carter, the most beautiful woman in da worldz), a wonderfull Gibson Custom Goldtop 56 for a fucking awesome bluesy sound, and on the right a stratocaster that I relic-ed (?) into a Rory Gallagher one (I love this guy :D).

On the background, my 2 amps, 1 Bandit 112, and one awesome Peavy classic 50, 4x10hp, 80w lamps... That's why I usualy play without any pedals, just need the Goldtop and the Classic 50 :D

I also have (but no pics, damn, I need to take some..) my 3rd wife, Marla (for Marla Singer :D) a Gibson LG0 from 1966, this look like this : http://cdn1.gbase.com/usercontent/gear/3157995/p1_ufohiqy4u_so.jpg it's a Parlor, so really for the blues and not really folk/pop thingy (who want to play Oasis on a 48years old guitar..)

It's an old lady, but she sound like no one else, everytime I play some RJ stuff with it, I have goosebumps (even if he didn't owned a LG0, the sound look the same :D)

I also have a Roland TD6 (electronic drums) with lot of things on it, I find this drums perfect for reharsal AND gig ! The only problem is it's pretty small, and I love to hit hard the drums, I love doing good ol' Led Zeppelin stuff (R.I.P. my lovely John Bonham) so I need to hit hard :D

Also some harmonica (mostly marine band), and one really old Hohner from my grand father.

Aaaaaand (it start to be long, eh.) some piano, I have a Roland-thing as piano, but I don't play piano much these day :(

I also now sing a lot (or well, like I said, i yell a lot :D, used to sing stuff like Led Zep, the Stones, Lenny Kravitz, etc..), so I have a Shure Super 55 as micro, here's what it look like :

Ok, now I swear, that's all ! And yeah, I still have time to code (but.. well, I have 2 guitars in the small room at home I work in... Damn :D)

You do have a lot of wives tho.

I used to play Trombone, Violin, Keyboard and recorder (Ha! As if that counted.) buuuuuut then I got into video games and it all kind of went to crap. I think I might still be able to gistly play When The Saints Go Marching In and of course 3 blind mice on the recorder, but that's about it.

I play bass in an originals rock band, we've just started gigging and now the drummer wants to back out - which may kill us... I have a piece of crap Tanglewood and a super-sexy Peavey combo amp.

Decided to learn some rhythm guitar too and coming on very slowly, but fairly surely, with that.

Anyone here from Newcastle, play drums, and want to join a band?

Hey !

Makes me sad no-one has said anything. But that 56 Custom looks like a beauty! P90's on a Les Paul make me a bit conflicted inside, but none-the-less, I bet it sounds absolutely amazing ;D You are a lucky man :P

It's not the good ol' P90 you know, they did a wonderfull job compared to the original P90, I don't have so much noise with them (but yeah, I have more noise than humbucker, that's for sure :D), but that's why I also have an Epiphone Custom, for some things I do need humbucker, but it's like 5% of what I'm playing (yup, I don't care playing Whole Lotta Love with P90 :P).

One day I'll be rich, and one day I'll buy a Black Beauty... (hey, I can dream you know... :P)

I have been playing guitar in a band for about 3 or 4 years. Now I still play for myself from time to time (actually I want to get back to recording stuff, maybe with our old singer).

Anyway, my harem consist of:

- Ibanez GIO something something (my first)

- Ibanez Presitge RGA 121 (love the finish)

02.jpg

- Jackson DK7M

330859.jpg

- Jackson RR3 (never played)

Good old times ...

fly.jpg

Hello! I'm new in the community and this thread seems interesting. Since, a month and 2 weeks I think, I bought my first instrument, a bass ! I really like it so far. Here's a picture of it:

Sweet, I love the colours on the finish. Very swish.

Archived