What are you most looking forward to make when Creative comes? What are you most Hyped about in General?

Jericoshost

What is the Hype-iest?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What are you most looking forward to in General?

• Creative
    • NPC's
    • Vehicles
    • Other

I haven't heard anything of Creative for awhile and I personally am the most excited for Creative over everything else.

So to tide me over the hype withdrawals, what better than some hype?

For me I really want to make the whole map seem more 'abandoned by the military' with fenced off areas, refugee centers (Official and make-shift), and adding fences to give the whole map a bit of a maze like feel to increase chances of getting cornered. As well I want to Condense the map by moving west point, the mall and the outlying buildings together, and add the original map into the mix.

8 hours ago, Jericoshost said:

I haven't heard anything of Creative for awhile and I personally am the most excited for Creative over everything else.

So to tide me over the hype withdrawals, what better than some hype?

For me I really want to make the whole map seem more 'abandoned by the military' with fenced off areas, refugee centers (Official and make-shift), and adding fences to give the whole map a bit of a maze like feel to increase chances of getting cornered. As well I want to Condense the map by moving west point, the mall and the outlying buildings together, and add the original map into the mix.

Im more hype on animation overhaul.. It gives you a pretty different gameplay and no boring fight scenes

For me its hard to tell, to many great things.

NPCs yea but then we have ez pz co op

Vehicles yea but then the map is not that big for vehicles (without mods)

Bigger map (fort knox and louisville) yea but then without vechicles ill stay in one town anyway.

Animations and new combat system will also change a lot in pz.

So in fact im just waiting for pz 1.0

Its a tough choice but id prolly say NPCs since it would give me the most reason to revisit some of my old bases and just kinda have more to do in general (find them, make rooms for them, develop trust, fight hostile ones ect..)

that said maps, animations and vehicles area all REALLY cool and I'm excited about seeing them all in time

I'm mostly hyped for the animations since they'll change combat and (hopefully) general gameplay. I'm hyped AF for the co op since even a dumb like me managed to host a server finally.

I keep forgetting about creative to be honest (I'm not very creative myself) and that's a shame because it will be awesome. Just think about how many workshop items will be available to us even if we don't create anything ourselves

Yeah I thought ooo Creative it's great! But then that got me thinking, any dumbnut and their dog can easily create a map now, so that might put me and my buildings out of buisness. i was hopeful that maybe one day i might be able to take a bunch of my buildings and make a map with it :/ But there will just be a crap ton of maps then and im not a fan of that, i don't want it to turn into the Unturned Workshop with a lot of great maps but no one plays them.

...good point again.

I rarely feel the need of changing area, in my server i only have muldraugh to avoid lag.

This is not killing my hype for creative but for vehicles as well...

But it's just temporary, when the new big city will be done then people will make bigger cities with creative and hopefully there will be more variety in those 30 towns you mentioned, I guess

Creative : As far as i played the game, i tried some mods on a new save to check out how it would be to build a house or something, i used some creative mods and well... the game is just not fun anymore, so i remove that from the "Potential Hype-iest Future Game Mechanic". (EXPECT if it's more like looking from above, choosing and placing blocks to build new maps. BUT this is already in map editors.)

Vehicles : Vehicles are not really necessary, maybe when all the surrounding your base buildings would have no more loot then you would need to travel a bit longer to get more supplies. BUT a car or motorbike would be exactly the same as one of the worst things you can do in this game, run trough the main street shouting but about 8 times louder. This means that the games "logic" would attract thousands of zombies to you, so instead of cars, tanks, trucks, motorbikes i would like a normal bike. That would be fun, but it's not the main priority as it's hard to survive so long that you loot all the houses around you, desperate for finding food.

NPC : Now about NPC's. It would be really nice as when playing MP, it's hard to find other players and all the houses would be probably looted AND you can't sleep. (Expect if you play with a friend on a private server... hehe.) When i first played the game, i got bitten ONCE and i died a few days later walking the lasts seconds of my life on the street. After that... yeah i lost the point of playing the game. From that point i wanted to play online but it was hard to find players. So now when you talk about NPC's i think that it would be a great idea because i would not be alone in this apocalypse anymore, and the unknown radio used by survivors inside the infected zone would be able to give coordinates when they ask for help. That would be just cool.

Other : When i think about "other" then i think about the suggestion forum, i even have a bright idea about "a cool game mechanic" that would add something to something that's ALREADY in the game and make it useful. But i will post it on that forum when i can.

6 minutes ago, ChristFive said:

Creative : As far as i played the game, i tried some mods on a new save to check out how it would be to build a house or something, i used some creative mods and well... the game is just not fun anymore, so i remove that from the "Potential Hype-iest Future Game Mechanic". (EXPECT if it's more like looking from above, choosing and placing blocks to build new maps. BUT this is already in map editors.)

Vehicles : Vehicles are not really necessary, maybe when all the surrounding your base buildings would have no more loot then you would need to travel a bit longer to get more supplies. BUT a car or motorbike would be exactly the same as one of the worst things you can do in this game, run trough the main street shouting but about 8 times louder. This means that the games "logic" would attract thousands of zombies to you, so instead of cars, tanks, trucks, motorbikes i would like a normal bike. That would be fun, but it's not the main priority as it's hard to survive so long that you loot all the houses around you, desperate for finding food.

NPC : Now about NPC's. It would be really nice as when playing MP, it's hard to find other players and all the houses would be probably looted AND you can't sleep. (Expect if you play with a friend on a private server... hehe.) When i first played the game, i got bitten ONCE and i died a few days later walking the lasts seconds of my life on the street. After that... yeah i lost the point of playing the game. From that point i wanted to play online but it was hard to find players. So now when you talk about NPC's i think that it would be a great idea because i would not be alone in this apocalypse anymore, and the unknown radio used by survivors inside the infected zone would be able to give coordinates when they ask for help. That would be just cool.

Other : When i think about "other" then i think about the suggestion forum, i even have a bright idea about "a cool game mechanic" that would add something to something that's ALREADY in the game and make it useful. But i will post it on that forum when i can.

First of all bro: theres like a constant 60 players on Redboid

Second of all: What creative mods? Do you mean the map builder if so check out my building thread where i post my buildings ;P (shameless self promotion!) 

Third of all: Maps are not the only mods out there, sure they make it fun but mods like hydrocraft, are what make the game really fun

Fourth: I totally understand not liking singleplayer i honestly hate singleplayer games myself they're the worst but there are so many server with a lot of people who want to team up and play!

Fifth:I get your point with the vehicles but do you have any idea how frustrating it is not having enough room for that last box of shotgun shells? Well vehicles are the solution to that problem

Sixth: NPC's will probably come out before the end of the summer and will be a lot of fun (Thats all i can say about that one because i haven't slept in over 24 hours)

Seventh: OBVIOUSLY VITAMIN GUMMIES WOULD BE A GREAT ADDITION TO THE GAME!

20 minutes ago, Queen Glory said:

First of all bro: theres like a constant 60 players on Redboid

Second of all: What creative mods? Do you mean the map builder if so check out my building thread where i post my buildings ;P (shameless self promotion!) 

Third of all: Maps are not the only mods out there, sure they make it fun but mods like hydrocraft, are what make the game really fun

Fourth: I totally understand not liking singleplayer i honestly hate singleplayer games myself they're the worst but there are so many server with a lot of people who want to team up and play!

Fifth:I get your point with the vehicles but do you have any idea how frustrating it is not having enough room for that last box of shotgun shells? Well vehicles are the solution to that problem

Sixth: NPC's will probably come out before the end of the summer and will be a lot of fun (Thats all i can say about that one because i haven't slept in over 24 hours)

Seventh: OBVIOUSLY VITAMIN GUMMIES WOULD BE A GREAT ADDITION TO THE GAME!

:P First of all maybe i should edit the post and add something like this : [WARNING : ALL THIS IS HOW I EXPERIENCED THE GAME BEFORE I LOOKED A LITTLE CLOSER AT THIS SITE ]

2 When i said creative mods then i mean that i only looked at steam workshop to find something that i can use to spawn items. (On a new save of course.)

3 I did not really look at hydrocraft as i feel that i did not need more content.

4 I'll check out the servers in this case, i have not been around for half an year.

5 The only gun i have used was a pistol with 9-something ammo of what i remember, so i don't have any idea of how frustrating it is xD.

7 Obviously that would be REALLY NICE if you could have children... but expect for that i am a child soooooooo... YES! :D

Thank you for giving me this info. :)

Just a little thing i have to point out:

There's no eta for npc's yet, they are worked but i realky doubt it will be before the end of the summer, non of the devs said so.

Another small thing: it's confirmed that sex and pregnancy both won't be in the game.

That said, I don't play much single player either, it creeps me out too damn much XD and on this matter the best thing ever is easy co op. You have no idea how many friends turned their back on multilayer because it wasn't quite easy to host a private server, now even I can and that's the best thing ever ^^

To be honest i'm not into hydrocraft as well for the same reason: it's an amazingly well made mod, but I don't need more stuff to craft (same goes for the fire weapon mods)

About vehicles my main issue is that I don't move much from my area anyway, but think about it, the noise is not something we can't overcome, it's actually useful.

It creates a lot of new situations in mp, you may even end up fighting a group only because they pass near your safehouse often with vehicles and that endangers your own group. Or you can use the noise to lure them away from something. Whenever you have to come back home you just need to park a little distant from your safehouse and that should be fine. The more I talk about it, the more hyped I get XD

As far as i am concern, the animation update brings a whole lot of life to the game and is the gateway for NPCs and Vehicles.

So i guess i am hyped for the Animations update, then NPCs and then vehicles.

But i know that vehicles will come out first than NPCs, i can already taste the shenanigans that the NPCs will do if they are implemented first and then the vehicles.

2 hours ago, Livio Persemprio said:

Just a little thing i have to point out:

There's no eta for npc's yet, they are worked but i realky doubt it will be before the end of the summer, non of the devs said so.

Another small thing: it's confirmed that sex and pregnancy both won't be in the game.

That said, I don't play much single player either, it creeps me out too damn much XD and on this matter the best thing ever is easy co op. You have no idea how many friends turned their back on multilayer because it wasn't quite easy to host a private server, now even I can and that's the best thing ever ^^

To be honest i'm not into hydrocraft as well for the same reason: it's an amazingly well made mod, but I don't need more stuff to craft (same goes for the fire weapon mods)

About vehicles my main issue is that I don't move much from my area anyway, but think about it, the noise is not something we can't overcome, it's actually useful.

It creates a lot of new situations in mp, you may even end up fighting a group only because they pass near your safehouse often with vehicles and that endangers your own group. Or you can use the noise to lure them away from something. Whenever you have to come back home you just need to park a little distant from your safehouse and that should be fine. The more I talk about it, the more hyped I get XD

Well they didn't say it but it was and educated guess based on what i've read, so far what it seems whats holding back NPC's at the moment it was either the 2x resolution or it was the animations, Probs animations. From what i've heard NPCs are close to being released and i heard the cars were projected for the end of 2016/early 2017. They have said NPCs will be long before cars. (Probably and hopefully cross your fingers, end of the summer)

Creative and WordZed will become probably long before NPCs. Besides, Cars would be less than useless other than getting that extra can of food to your base on a Mauldrough/West Point map. But with Creative and the addition of more maps I would be able to get from New Denver to California KY in 5 mins instead of the 1 hour and half "fun run"

(Sorry didn't see @Blasted_Tacos post where he explained this much simpler!)

15 minutes ago, Queen Glory said:

Well they didn't say it but it was and educated guess based on what i've read, so far what it seems whats holding back NPC's at the moment it was either the 2x resolution or it was the animations, Probs animations. From what i've heard NPCs are close to being released and i heard the cars were projected for the end of 2016/early 2017. They have said NPCs will be long before cars. (Probably and hopefully cross your fingers, end of the summer)

Creative and WordZed will become probably long before NPCs. Besides, Cars would be less than useless other than getting that extra can of food to your base on a Mauldrough/West Point map. But with Creative and the addition of more maps I would be able to get from New Denver to California KY in 5 mins instead of the 1 hour and half "fun run"

(Sorry didn't see @Blasted_Tacos post where he explained this much simpler!)

I'd love it to be so, but I'd be surprised if they'd release animations by the end of the summer actually. "Almost done" sadly doesn't mean "out soon", and they clearly said that they won't give ETA's that they can't respect.

What I mean to say is that it's really unlikely that it will happen, if not straight impossible, and other people might think that is an official eta and even insult the devs once nothing will be out at the end of the summer :( (it wouldn't be the first time).

As I said, I don't think cars are useless, just the simple luring factor makes them worth if for me, I can picture myself driving around the warehouse to gather a nice horde, luring them away and then sneaking back to the empty warehouse, which would look even cooler in mp, I'd just have to drive around luring zeds, my friends would ransack the warehouse and i'd pick them up on the run, just thinking about it gives me an adrenaline rush XD

Vehicles & other:

- Anything character related like visible gear & new animation system

- Anything multiplayer related. I love MP, but on public servers, i always feel like i kinda missed the party, get bored, and go back to single player. Coop will a nice alternative for now. Also sleeping, VoIP.

- Wilderness survival gameplay & animals. Nature just feels so empty right now. I'm afraid that's currently not on the table, but I'd sure love to see it one day.

2 hours ago, ZombiesLoveBrainiacs said:

Wilderness survival gameplay & animals. Nature just feels so empty right now. I'm afraid that's currently not on the table, but I'd sure love to see it one day.

This is my most desired feature by far. Animals and hunting are the two things missing when playing out in the woods and I think once they add them that style of gameplay will be way more fun :). And it's sadly true that we haven't heard much about hunting or animals in a long time but hopefully it's not only something they still want to do but plan on doing. I can only hope we see PZ keep developing to the point we not only have wildlife but also have domestic and farm animals as well :)

17 minutes ago, Kuren said:

This is my most desired feature by far. Animals and hunting are the two things missing when playing out in the woods and I think once they add them that style of gameplay will be way more fun :). And it's sadly true that we haven't heard much about hunting or animals in a long time but hopefully it's not only something they still want to do but plan on doing. I can only hope we see PZ keep developing to the point we not only have wildlife but also have domestic and farm animals as well :)

I totally forgot about animals.

The last thing i remember was a 3d rabbit

Archived