What are you most looking forward to make when Creative comes? What are you most Hyped about in General?

Jericoshost

What is the Hype-iest?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What are you most looking forward to in General?

• Creative
    • NPC's
    • Vehicles
    • Other

Personally i don't care too much about Creative mode, although the feature can be a way to expand the map to the infinite (or at least to Long Island hehe) as long as the creations could be shared and be "stitch" to the vanilla map.

Animations... Yes pleez! the previews at the mondoids are so amazing! I miss some sleep and sit animations. I don't know why there are not yet. i don't even know if this it's very hard to do since i'm not programmer :P

NPC's... They will be here when they come. I rather to wait for a while (even if long) and find decent AI's instead of be part of the apocalypse together with a guy who starts doing hamburgers during a horde attack... ;) . So i'm hyped about it but i can wait for a greater feature.

Vehicles are one of the features i missed the most. I mean, for aesthetic purposes besides the obvious advantages to reach far places.

I mean, in all Z-flicks crashed vehicles to loot or repair (as long as you have the ability), or even car alarms to lure zeds or to bring you a deadly surprise are a constant. Also, knowing the fact that fuel, brake liquid, motor oil and so are like liquid gold and spare parts are gone from the shelves very soon and they only can be stolen from other cars, imagine the difficulty to have a long lasting vehicle, and the in-game possibilities. 

But yeah, kinda tricky to implement it in the MP...

Just now, Mr_Sunshine said:

Assuming the underground system comes out with creative, I'm gunna try and make the whole underground bunker from 'Day of The Dead' (1985.. not the remake.. ew).

That + a custom radio broadcast that I'd make with WordZed and I'll be elated. :-)

Imagine recreating different zombie movies- when dragons come out, you could customize them to be different characters from the film, make the map in creative mode, and add broadcasts supporting the movie. I'm imagining every zombie flick I've seen, and i'm pretty sure all of them could be remade in PZ with the right tools. Anyone else excited for this particular thing?

2 hours ago, hunger john said:

Imagine recreating different zombie movies- when dragons come out, you could customize them to be different characters from the film, make the map in creative mode, and add broadcasts supporting the movie. I'm imagining every zombie flick I've seen, and i'm pretty sure all of them could be remade in PZ with the right tools. Anyone else excited for this particular thing?

Indeed, even though we'll do that in MP so dragons aren't really needed for this.

One of my wet dreams is to have a resident evil 3 movie map like.

I didn't really like the plot there, but the idea of a moving caravan in the middle of the desert, rushing from one gasoline station to another, well it's just sexy. You're safe as long as you're on the run <3

Sadly this would require RVs, schoolbus, trucks and other vehicle that multiple players could use at the same time, and frankly I have no clue if that's even possible in he game

1 hour ago, Livio Persemprio said:

Indeed, even though we'll do that in MP so dragons aren't really needed for this.

One of my wet dreams is to have a resident evil 3 movie map like.

I didn't really like the plot there, but the idea of a moving caravan in the middle of the desert, rushing from one gasoline station to another, well it's just sexy. You're safe as long as you're on the run <3

Sadly this would require RVs, schoolbus, trucks and other vehicle that multiple players could use at the same time, and frankly I have no clue if that's even possible in he game

Ooooh thats cool! Maybe remaking RE3's game in a map, Raccoon Spiffo City here I come!

I'm not gonna lie, I'm super excited to play with creative and try to create places I know in real life :). But in all honesty, I'm way more excited to see what other people will create (and recreate) with it :D

And I had never thought of the idea of modding a story from a movie in once 1.0 is out (with characters and all) but I love the idea and hope we see some mods like that someday :). Would be amazing to play Shaun of the Dead and maybe even make a few different decisions :P

I can't wait because most of the maps currently available have one major flaw or another, westpoint is the best balanced map(it's more or less perfect), but I'm fairly bored with it.

Muldraugh

It has no water.

Imagine you are a new player and you see fisherman in the char builder and think that sounds like a good idea for survival. Well if you spawn in muldraugh you just picked a worthless class because there is no water. That's poor map design, and possibly a good example of how mirroring a real life location has negative gameplay consequences(no idea if real world muldraugh has little to no water).

Not enough sheds or garages

Finding a generator book is a crapshoot and it's really irritating having to run all the way to westpoint for one.

Bedford Falls

Overabundance of loot

Even on very rare loot you will be weighed down with every possible item you could ever need to survive, completely removing the struggle in long term survival... unless you take into account:

Death Traps, Death Traps everywhere.

The apartment complex is one glaring example; a building filled to the brim with probably 500 zombies. You slowly clear the first floor because it looks like a cool base, you enter the second floor and poop your pants because there are even more zombies than there were on the first floor. Well guess what? Now you are stuck on this floor with them unless you brought a sheet rope. Those stairs you came up? You can't go back down them. Probably a third of the buildings will give you a nasty cold overnight because they don't have proper roofs and a good portion of buildings will give you some nasty fractures if you don't move extremely carefully.

New Denver

Zombie Population issues

Extremely low zombie pop even on insane and the bulk of the zeds that do spawn, spawn indoors.

Improperly configured loot tables

While there is an abundance of sheds, they all spawn storage loot vs shed loot. Meaning your engineer is worthless and you will have several hundred bags of plaster and sledgehammers. At least you can find some fishing supplies in the hardware store.

Drayton

No foraging

'nuff said

Almost no sheds/garages

Good luck finding a generator or making even one pipe bomb.

Phoenix

Enough guns to supply an army

Not the only map to suffer the consequences to gameplay balance for basing the map around military occupation, but I'd say this is the worst example because you can literally spawn inside a makeshift military hq and load yourself down with weapons right out of the gate.

No sheds/garages

You'll notice this is a continuing problem in just about every custom map and why i generally don't play them. A generator is nearly impossible to find on this map, and no garage/shed loot.

Downtown

Improperly configured loot tables

Like New Denver, this map spawns storage loot(and bedroom loot, in the metal containers) in garages and sheds. While it is possible, the chances of finding a generator are extremely low.

Archived