HEAVY WEAPONS

Trojan_Turps

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned before but I think this is the right time to bring this up.

Yes I want to talk about chairs.

(the title was going to be - using large awkward objects that we will soon be able to carry as weapons. But I thought that was too long.)

Being able to move things like chairs will be great but I think it makes sense that they could be used as weapons too. A chair could make a good slightly ranged pushing weapon.

Being able to craft more weapons would be cool but would take time. I'm talking about just picking something up that's better than nothing but not something you would carry around all the time.

agreed to the fullest.

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned before but I think this is the right time to bring this up.

Yes I want to talk about chairs.

(the title was going to be - using large awkward objects that we will soon be able to carry as weapons. But I thought that was too long.)

Being able to move things like chairs will be great but I think it makes sense that they could be used as weapons too. A chair could make a good slightly ranged pushing weapon.

and from the title i thought you were talking about tanks and stuff so i was confused for a second.

Yeah I'm not talking about tanks. I'm taking about hitting zombies with the kitchen sink, smashing a window over someone's head, Throwing a bedside lamp at the undead etc.

I think tanks should be around, you can get inside, but you completely rick grimes it and can't drive it cause you dunno how. 

Like showing a caveman a car, they might sit, but they'd just immedatly crash into a wall or tree.

Ah, the ol' Dead Rising scenario.  Anything around you is a weapon.  That mop over there?  Sweep the zombies off their feet.  The table umbrella?  Open it up and use it as a ram to clear through zombies. 

That fuzzy teddy bear over there?  Just strap some dynamite to it and throw it into a crowd of zombies!!!! Lol :P

I think it's a great idea actually to be able to use your environment to defend yourself in dire situations: chairs, laptop, tv screen, that-ugly-portrait-your-mom-keeps-in-the-bathroom, fridge-door-in-zombies-face, etc etc... Obviously one-time uses but could save your life and/or give you those few-needed-seconds to escape !

how about this ?   (clyde)

brainbait.jpg

There have been a few games where I have spawned in a house with essentially no worth while weapons (like maybe a pen). I would rather go outside with a griddle pan or a bookshelf rather than use my bare hands and foot to kill 10 zombies.

Although the push and stamp tactic is too good at the moment. You can happily take on small groups of zombies with no weapon. Hopefully when they add the zombie grab thing it will make pushing more risky!? That would make weapons a bit more important. I imagine the new melee system might completely change how we go about fighting zombies.

I feel like pushing should be very risky, the last thing you want to do is lean forward and put your hands on an highly infectious zombie.

Although the push and stamp tactic is too good at the moment. You can happily take on small groups of zombies with no weapon. Hopefully when they add the zombie grab thing it will make pushing more risky!? That would make weapons a bit more important. I imagine the new melee system might completely change how we go about fighting zombies.

I feel like pushing should be very risky, the last thing you want to do is lean forward and put your hands on an highly infectious zombie.

I thought the push and stamp tactic always felt like a last resort rather than a reliance. Sure its very easy against a single zombie but I have always struggled to use it against 2 or more zombies, even with the strong perk.