Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

That's so cool man!  Yeah running out of nails was a big issue for me as well near the end of our 7 month run with Wayne, so I feel your pain :P  Keep up the good work, I'll look forward to another base update once you advance a bit further :)

Annoyingly, having just finished watching the end of your Season 2 playthrough last night, I thought I'd play for an hour before bed - and PZ crashed during the loading process. When I reloaded it, it'd decided my character was dead, I think - I still had the save file, but whenever I tried to load it, it insisted on me starting a new character. No idea what happened, but it means I've got a lot of work to do to catch up again.

I debated simply starting over, as that'd make it easier to get at the new stuff from Hydrocraft 2.5 and 2.6b, but I'd really like to finish that base, so I ended up going back into the same game... and I think I'm going to have to lay a lot of flooring to get those carpentry levels back. I'm trying to convince myself that Wayne didn't reach out of the grave and kill my character for daring to imitate him ;)

What's most annoying is that I'd just found a fresh dogwhistle over the weekend.

Oh no!  That sucks man, sorry to hear that.  Who knows, maybe it was Wayne??  His reanimated corpse was wandering around the last I saw him ;)  Good luck anyway.

deadlivestock_zpsuxye7awe.jpg

A preview of what I have been working on. Still need to do the recipes but it will be basically ...

Animal -> Dead Animal -> Hide / Animal Carcass -> Meat / Animal Skeleton -> Bones

I'd say "I like the look of that" but it might sound a bit weird. Suffice it to say that I think you've got a very interesting update in store for us! To what extent are you letting people recycle components from animals? Will there be things like smoking rooms for meat, drying frames, waterskins made from secondary stomachs, bungee cords made out of tendon, hats that still have tails on...?

@Hydro & Jim

The code dealing with hats (and by extension gloves) is incomplete, meaning you get a button to wear them, but they're never actually assigned to the character at any point. Also, the back slot works for containers only, and is the only slot usable by containers.

is the download on the original post the most recent version?

And can the animals actually move?

Are there plans to have them move, and even attack you?

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. No and no.

@Hydro & Jim

The code dealing with hats (and by extension gloves) is incomplete, meaning you get a button to wear them, but they're never actually assigned to the character at any point. Also, the back slot works for containers only, and is the only slot usable by containers.

Well bags can be equipped in your Primary and Secondary slots too.

is the download on the original post the most recent version?

And can the animals actually move?

Are there plans to have them move, and even attack you?

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. No and no.

@Hydro & Jim

Well bags can be equipped in your Primary and Secondary slots too.

:-| 

Maybe the devs will make your mod a part of the base game like the farming and erosion mod.

and will actually make the animals animals and not items :P

Love the mod so far, couple questions tho

What is the purpose of making a bottle of lemon juice which requires 6 lemons when you can just make a bowl of lemon juice with a single lemon instead? They both only have a single use (or atleast they do when making dried apple slices) so it seems like a waste of lemons and a bottle since it eats that too.

Also why do nails for the nailgun weigh like 15 pounds out side the box? o.O Their just nails... standard hammered nails are way lighter. I know it's a 'gun' but I didn't think that ment it had to fire lead nails. lol

Also I don't understand the wheelbarrow, Even with the strong perk I'm basically encumbered with just clothing on + the holding the wheelbarrow, I can't even fill it like 1/4 the way without going into the red and possibly injuring myself. Am I doing something wrong?

Regarding the weight: its just a wrong name chosen by the devs. i think it should spell "encumbrance". 

You can find the following statement from the devs in the modding section:

weight: The weight of an item as seen in-game, it should be a sum of weight + size of the item.

So this makes more sense. (Especially for things like stacks of wood and planks weight-wise), and even in case of pencils and nails. Ever tried to transport 100 pencils or nails with your bare hands? not too easy.....but if you put them all in a box its quite easy. Its not so much the weight of those things but the..."un-handyness"...

Regarding the wheelbarrow: exactly my thoughts. completely useless piece of junk. weighs 12 if its empty and equipped, 40 empty not equipped. i would understand it, if it had a weight reduction of 100% like the pack-doggies, but the 50% makes it useless

Regarding the wheelbarrow: exactly my thoughts. completely useless piece of junk. weighs 12 if its empty and equipped, 40 empty not equipped. i would understand it, if it had a weight reduction of 100% like the pack-doggies, but the 50% makes it useless

Its useful for carrying a massive amounts of lumber in a "safe" area. It's 200 capacity what makes it worth using.

The problem with lemon juice might be a bug - I've not tried making a bottle of lemon juice from lemons, but the standard yellow bottles of lemon juice you can find are good for multiple uses each when making jam/drying fruit, just like packs of sugar. (I'm presuming that the 6 lemons to bottle of juice recipe is making yellow bottles of lemon juice for recipes, rather than something like the lemon juice equivalent of the apple juice, tomato juice, carrot juice and other such drinkables you can make using a juicer and an empty water bottle).

But how do you put a massive ammount of lumber into the wheelbarrow without being encumbered? At even half full my character is immobile because of too much weight.

The problem with lemon juice might be a bug - I've not tried making a bottle of lemon juice from lemons, but the standard yellow bottles of lemon juice you can find are good for multiple uses each when making jam/drying fruit, just like packs of sugar. (I'm presuming that the 6 lemons to bottle of juice recipe is making yellow bottles of lemon juice for recipes, rather than something like the lemon juice equivalent of the apple juice, tomato juice, carrot juice and other such drinkables you can make using a juicer and an empty water bottle).

After looking closer into it; The one's you make that are created with empty water bottles give you a lemon juice 1-use that was worth like -15 hunger and -70 thirst and it lasts forever. The loot lemon juice bottle isn't drinkable at all and I assume multiple uses since it has a 'remaining bar' instead of the crafted one's 'nutrition' bar.

Perhaps they should all be non-drinkable multi-use bottles, I mean if you drank a full 16oz bottle of pure lemon juice you'd have some serious stomach pains/cramps, bleeding via ulcers, that's a pretty strong acid. I don't think it would be hydrating at all thats for sure. lol

Edited by Sarda

After looking closer into it; The one's you make that are created with empty water bottles give you a lemon juice 1-use that was worth like -15 hunger and -70 thirst and it lasts forever. The loot lemon juice bottle isn't drinkable at all and I assume multiple uses since it has a 'remaining bar' instead of the crafted one's 'nutrition' bar.

Perhaps they should all be non-drinkable multi-use bottles, I mean if you drank a full 16oz bottle of pure lemon juice you'd have some serious stomach pains/cramps, bleeding via ulcers, that's a pretty strong acid. I don't think it would be hydrating at all thats for sure. lol

For a minute, you had me hopeful that i could make the lootable recipe bottles of lemon juice, which are really useful. It does answer the question in one way though - it isn't worth making the drinkable bottles for six lemons if you then use that bottle to dry apple slices with. If you're going with the slices, use the lemon juice in bowls (or the lootable bottles).

I'm back to pushing my character's farming up and composting loads of stuff in an effort to get my Farming up to 10, so that I can start growing lemon trees in clay pots to harvest lemons from - access to a steady-ish supply of lemons is going to be great, because of how much other stuff you can dry and keep with them.

Maybe the bottles of lemon juice you can drink are a trap for looters? ;) Or maybe Hydromancer has some cunning plans coming up involving etching metalwork...

I thought I saw a tooltip for making lemonade the last time I was fiddling around with lemons. I didn't look at the recipe, but is there any chance the 16oz bottles are actually lemonade, rather than pure lemon juice?

ETA: On the wheelbarrow front, is 200 weight (with a 50% reduction to 100 from the barrow) the maximum you can carry if you've maxed out your character's strength through experience? I only learned last night you can boost strength/fitness with skill points, after playing for 300 or so hours :P My character's moving around, albeit slowly, with a visible encumberance of 50, and only has a middling strength score.

For a minute, you had me hopeful that i could make the lootable recipe bottles of lemon juice, which are really useful. It does answer the question in one way though - it isn't worth making the drinkable bottles for six lemons if you then use that bottle to dry apple slices with. If you're going with the slices, use the lemon juice in bowls (or the lootable bottles).

I'm back to pushing my character's farming up and composting loads of stuff in an effort to get my Farming up to 10, so that I can start growing lemon trees in clay pots to harvest lemons from - access to a steady-ish supply of lemons is going to be great, because of how much other stuff you can dry and keep with them.

Maybe the bottles of lemon juice you can drink are a trap for looters? ;) Or maybe Hydromancer has some cunning plans coming up involving etching metalwork...

I thought I saw a tooltip for making lemonade the last time I was fiddling around with lemons. I didn't look at the recipe, but is there any chance the 16oz bottles are actually lemonade, rather than pure lemon juice?

ETA: On the wheelbarrow front, is 200 weight (with a 50% reduction to 100 from the barrow) the maximum you can carry if you've maxed out your character's strength through experience? I only learned last night you can boost strength/fitness with skill points, after playing for 300 or so hours :P My character's moving around, albeit slowly, with a visible encumberance of 50, and only has a middling strength score.

Narp. Lemonade is a different recipe that uses sugar and stuff. This is pure lemon juice. 16oz bottle of it.

deadlivestock_zpsuxye7awe.jpg

A preview of what I have been working on. Still need to do the recipes but it will be basically ...

Animal -> Dead Animal -> Hide / Animal Carcass -> Meat / Animal Skeleton -> Bones

Will these animals moving around? Or they just stand there waiting for players to kill them and grab their hides and meat. 

Even further, would they interact with players or zombies movement? For example, a bear will attack a nearby player, or a sheep will run away from a approaching player or zombie.

BTW, I heard that some one (http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/14539-implementing-custom-weapon-models/) has figure out how to add custom weapon models into PZ. Would you add custom models for your crossbow?

This mod conflicts with the new crafting UI. Any thoughts ?

Actually, I've confirmed that older mods that worked in previous 32.x builds can be broken by the latest updates, however, I did not have that issue with Hydrocraft(2.6b)

It may be in your best interest to load each of your mods one by one, and pinpoint the issue mod. If however you are getting that issue with only hydrocraft, then I do not know why it would be happening.

The crafting UI issue is usually caused by files with recipes missing commas, or not properly ending, and thus causing the recipe loading script (in the UI) to fail.

Once pinpointed, you can try fixing the issue manually, or report it to the proper mod thread. Once again, if the issue is only with Hydrocraft, I can not explain why mine would work, and yours wouldn't.

I spent last night moving around or setting up some of the large objects from this mod last night, and they do look very spiffy. I particularly like the stage 3 beehive and the wheelchair - I don't think I can actually use the wheelchair for anything, but as a decorative object it does make the room I was setting up as a trauma room look much more like something associated with medical treatments. I may have to go back for the other one I left at Cortman Medical...