Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hello, I have no idea if this is where I should ask this, but I have an issue with the hand dolly. I filled it up too capacity and was unable to drop it. I would have had to drop everything in order for me to actually be able to drop the dolly. This whole time I could not eat, or drink. Plus I got back injuries. I may or may not be using it correctly if so could you help me out and tell me the correct way to use it?

Hey Hydromancerx... So the wiki only has one item in it and the other one is extremely old.... is there any guide or list that explains how some of the stuff are to be used: ex: foraging -> hickory nuts how do I eat those darn things :( . Thank you ! :D

I had a look at trying to update the wiki, as I do quite a lot of editing on another wiki in my spare time. I think I worked out how I could update it to add in some of the Hydromancy recipes, but what I can't do is add in/upload any images for the various items that are unique to the Hydromancy mod. If someone else can do that and is willing to, I'm willing to potter around adding various of the recipe groups on the wiki slowly in my spare time.

First of all, I love this mod. It has made for a much more rich and enjoyable gameplay. I've come across a few questions though. I've tried to read through the forum thoroughly as to not repeat questions but haven't been able to find the answers.

1. Is there a skill requirement to dig a mine? I know it doesn't say so in the crafting panel. I have all the required items and it all lights up in the crafting panel but every time I hit 'craft one' nothing happens. The weight of the auger and the ladder combined make it impossible to have them in my inventory at the same time so I have to hit the craft button when they are outside of my pack and then they are brought in. I've tried crafting in the crafting panel and from right clicking on the other objects required and nothing happens.

2. Is there anything you can do with the sheep? I found one and assumed it would be used for something based on the graphics I saw in this post earlier. I have tried having a variation of weapons in my inventory but can't get any option to kill it or skin it or... harvest anything from it.

3. How do you hunt the new animals like bear etc? I've read the hunting book but can't seem to find anything about it in the crafting panel. Has this been implemented yet.

I'm sure I've missed some obvious things here but I tried to check everything out on my own as best as I could before posting so thanks in advance!

Do different dog breeds have different odds at finding cows or sheep? My border collie has found several sheep so far, but no cows.

I'm having a lot of fun turning all of the dead zombie clothing into ropes though, there are naked zombies all over my lawn. =)

Have you started harvesting their bones to make arrows or glue yet? (The zombies, not the sheep or dogs).

Nope, haven't yet. Still looking for that skill book.

Hi, I've got an issue when trying to connect to my on server. 

Whenever i use hydrocraft mod i got this text graphical bug, but i have already disabled multi-core both in game and in options.ini, tried reinstalling, deleting zomboid in my user folder. I even reinstalled Java and tried to give zomboid more ram.

I've got win7, radeon 6970m, 8gb ram with core i5.

The funniest thing is if i play singleplayer hydrocraft, everything works just fine with no bugs whatsoever, but if i try to connect to anyone's server, i get this text glitch every time, see pic for info.

So far nothing worked, need help pls

If you don't know how to solve the problem, give me a hint where to look for the problem itself

It work without the Hydrocraft mod in multiplayer?

Hydrocraft have removed crafting menu ("B" hotkey) from my game completely as for latest IWBUMS build.

You have the latest version of Hydrocraft? The menu bug should have been fixed in v2.6b and above.

Do different dog breeds have different odds at finding cows or sheep? My border collie has found several sheep so far, but no cows.

I'm having a lot of fun turning all of the dead zombie clothing into ropes though, there are naked zombies all over my lawn. =)

Finding cows is currently broken. Don't waste your rope. Wait until next update. Sorry about that everyone.

Wooden Pallets !! (sugestion) :D

You basically get a temp one when Crating Stacks of Lumber.

Ah, good to know. I will just start saving them up then.

Hello, I have no idea if this is where I should ask this, but I have an issue with the hand dolly. I filled it up too capacity and was unable to drop it. I would have had to drop everything in order for me to actually be able to drop the dolly. This whole time I could not eat, or drink. Plus I got back injuries. I may or may not be using it correctly if so could you help me out and tell me the correct way to use it?

Unless there has been an update, you cannot actually break your back. Yes it's correct that the hand dolly makes you slow and vulnerable to zeds. Wheelbarrows and Shopping Carts have the same deal. You can carry a lot more than you could without them, but you are super slow as a result. Also you cannot drop it until its empty due to the floor having a max weight of 50. This is actually a good thing since the Pack Dogs CAN be dropped with stuff in them. Which in turn causes them to be stuck on the floor, becuase you cannot pick them back up. In short NEVER drop your pack dog.

Hey Hydromancerx... So the wiki only has one item in it and the other one is extremely old.... is there any guide or list that explains how some of the stuff are to be used: ex: foraging -> hickory nuts how do I eat those darn things :( . Thank you ! :D

I had a look at trying to update the wiki, as I do quite a lot of editing on another wiki in my spare time. I think I worked out how I could update it to add in some of the Hydromancy recipes, but what I can't do is add in/upload any images for the various items that are unique to the Hydromancy mod. If someone else can do that and is willing to, I'm willing to potter around adding various of the recipe groups on the wiki slowly in my spare time.

Why can't you upload images? They are not hard to add.

First of all, I love this mod. It has made for a much more rich and enjoyable gameplay. I've come across a few questions though. I've tried to read through the forum thoroughly as to not repeat questions but haven't been able to find the answers.

1. Is there a skill requirement to dig a mine? I know it doesn't say so in the crafting panel. I have all the required items and it all lights up in the crafting panel but every time I hit 'craft one' nothing happens. The weight of the auger and the ladder combined make it impossible to have them in my inventory at the same time so I have to hit the craft button when they are outside of my pack and then they are brought in. I've tried crafting in the crafting panel and from right clicking on the other objects required and nothing happens.

2. Is there anything you can do with the sheep? I found one and assumed it would be used for something based on the graphics I saw in this post earlier. I have tried having a variation of weapons in my inventory but can't get any option to kill it or skin it or... harvest anything from it.

3. How do you hunt the new animals like bear etc? I've read the hunting book but can't seem to find anything about it in the crafting panel. Has this been implemented yet.

I'm sure I've missed some obvious things here but I tried to check everything out on my own as best as I could before posting so thanks in advance!

1. You need to read a Skill Book to learn how to make a Mine. Also if you take off other items you should be able to hold the ladder, auger, thick rope and tent pegs. Note you could not before in v2.6b but can now in v2.7. So make sure you have the latest version of the mod.

2. You have v2.7 Right? If you have a sheep you should be able to kill the sheep with no weapons.

3. Hunting animals should be in the Survival Tab of the Crafting menu. However all this sounds like you have v2.6b and not v2.7. Try re-downloading the mod just to make sure.

Why can't you upload images? They are not hard to add

Partly because I suspect I may end up editing while it's quiet at work, and I don't have the game installed at work, plus the work firewall would object to the file uploads; partly because I don't know where I'd actually get the images to upload from in the first place.

is there any way this mod could work with the real guns mod?

i tried to launch them together they work ok together i think but if i exit out my save gets messed up the lights dont work and eventually the screeen will blackout.

@Hydro & Jim

The code dealing with hats (and by extension gloves) is incomplete, meaning you get a button to wear them, but they're never actually assigned to the character at any point. Also, the back slot works for containers only, and is the only slot usable by containers.

It's technically a possibility, more so than you think. An "unused" bone exists that parents the head bone on the male and female models. If code can be placed to listen for a setting of the player to 'equip' a hat, then it is possible to wear one. Maybe the male and female models can be modified and have their own modified versions as files for now, and have the mod "overwrite" the models when wearing them. I have not tested this with ModelLoader yet. I would like to see this actually happen, though. 

OK. I can't promise to get a lot done quickly, but I can potter away steadily. I'll start out with something relatively small (like the viticulture/winemaking stuff) to test if I've got the wiki formatting right. I'm never going to be able to keep up with all of the updates, but I should be able to get at least some stuff up reasonably quickly. Are there any areas you'd prefer me to focus on?

One of the things I should think about is whether or not there's a way to compact some of the recipes down in a style similar to how the wiki handles things like cooking recipes - I'm thinking that it might be simpler to have a recipe for making jam that includes "jam ingrediants" and then a seperate section listing all the various possible iterations of ingrediants for jam, rather than twenty individual recipes for different flavous. That goes doubly so for anything involving smelter-based recycling, because I think the list of what you can't recycle into ingots is shorter than the list of what you can :P

@Hydro & Jim

The code dealing with hats (and by extension gloves) is incomplete, meaning you get a button to wear them, but they're never actually assigned to the character at any point. Also, the back slot works for containers only, and is the only slot usable by containers.

It's technically a possibility, more so than you think. An "unused" bone exists that parents the head bone on the male and female models. If code can be placed to listen for a setting of the player to 'equip' a hat, then it is possible to wear one. Maybe the male and female models can be modified and have their own modified versions as files for now, and have the mod "overwrite" the models when wearing them. I have not tested this with ModelLoader yet. I would like to see this actually happen, though.

Yeah I know, I was just speaking in terms of the base game. I'd reckon injecting methods to listen for additional clothing slots/items would be somewhat easy. The only problem with clothes that I can see is that the models are read from some kind of tangle involving 2d sprite keyframes instead of directly referencing the model files. The 2d code is handled separately from the model stuff, so I doubt changing it would break much. But it could have changed, I havent bothered to look at it for awhile.

If anyone were to actually do it, it'd be you, though, not me. Properly decompiling code rather than just hacking bytes is well above my patience.

Are there any areas you'd prefer me to focus on?

I personalty don't care. Anything added will help. I guess the players would have better feedback on what they would like to know how to do. For instance I get the question "How do you find X animal?" so that might be something you want to add first.

I personalty don't care. Anything added will help. I guess the players would have better feedback on what they would like to know how to do. For instance I get the question "How do you find X animal?" so that might be something you want to add first.

I'm starting with the winemaking stuff, but I have a question - I can't check the effect in-game yet (I'm nowhere near having enough grapes yet) but it looks as if generating the barrel of grape juice from the five buckets of grape juice creates one barrel of grape juice and one wooden bucket - is that right? Or is it returning the 5 wooden buckets, and I'm just not seeing it?

I think something's still wrong with the recipe for making pear jam - I have the pot of sugar water, I have six pears, all fresh, but I can't make jam. The only thing I can think of is that in the fruit script, the Pear is named as HCPear, but in the pear jam receipe, it looks simply for "Pear", but it's not something I know much about.

I just found my first deer! Woo! I got really excited. Killed it, went to skin it and there was no option. There was one for bear, cow, sheep, squirrel, fox and rabbit. 

Also are the new one use dog whistles here to stay? I spent a realllly long time scouring Muldraugh and found 4. 2 were unsuccessful and I'm scared to use up the other 2.  

I just found my first deer! Woo! I got really excited. Killed it, went to skin it and there was no option. There was one for bear, cow, sheep, squirrel, fox and rabbit. 

Also are the new one use dog whistles here to stay? I spent a realllly long time scouring Muldraugh and found 4. 2 were unsuccessful and I'm scared to use up the other 2.  

1. I will check it out.

2. Yes 1 use is here to stay but wait until next update. Its remade to always give you a dog (unlike the current version) since it is one time use.

I'm starting with the winemaking stuff, but I have a question - I can't check the effect in-game yet (I'm nowhere near having enough grapes yet) but it looks as if generating the barrel of grape juice from the five buckets of grape juice creates one barrel of grape juice and one wooden bucket - is that right? Or is it returning the 5 wooden buckets, and I'm just not seeing it?

Yikes! You are right you are only getting 1 bucket back. I will have to fix that.

I think something's still wrong with the recipe for making pear jam - I have the pot of sugar water, I have six pears, all fresh, but I can't make jam. The only thing I can think of is that in the fruit script, the Pear is named as HCPear, but in the pear jam receipe, it looks simply for "Pear", but it's not something I know much about.

Already fixed for the next update.

Hy Hydro :)

is there any chance to mine more than stones? or maybe give the option to crack stone to look for ore and/or get gravel if you have a emtpy sandbag on you?

atm, since stones don´t have a really use and only spam weight to the world it would be nice :)

is there any chance to mine more than stones? or maybe give the option to crack stone to look for ore and/or get gravel if you have a emtpy sandbag on you?

atm, since stones don´t have a really use and only spam weight to the world it would be nice :)

Mines  give Stones + Random Stuff. Its the same code as Sifting Dirt. But no need to have a dirt bag anymore. As for Gravel there is already a new recipe written for the next update where you use a Sledgehammer + Empty Sandbag to turn Rocks into Gravel. I also have some recipes for homemade Plaster. In addition stones now have some other usages too. ;) You will just have to wait and see the update.

Mines  give Stones + Random Stuff. Its the same code as Sifting Dirt. But no need to have a dirt bag anymore. As for Gravel there is already a new recipe written for the next update where you use a Sledgehammer + Empty Sandbag to turn Rocks into Gravel. I also have some recipes for homemade Plaster. In addition stones now have some other usages too. ;) You will just have to wait and see the update.

Awesome news :) Ty very much :)