Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

EDIT: Sorry for cluttering up your thread with so many useless posts.  I had the same duct tape fletching problem again, not remembering that I already asked you about it and you already answered.  Sorry :\

EDIT EDIT: Okay, tried making the blueprints with every different kind of paper I could think of, plus all of the listed components.  So is this bugged or what?

Is the recipe to turn 50 seeds into a packet of seeds a Hydrocraft recipe, or an IWBUMS recipe? I'm not sure if i should bugrep it here or in the IWBUMS thread, but I managed to freak out some carrot seeds. I was trying to create a packet of seeds, and had 30 in my inventory and 36 in an open shelf in front of me, so the game said I could make the packet - but when I tried, it started spawning 30+ individual "Broken seed packet"s, each marked with the icon of a seed packet with a red cross on it.

My safe house is finally big enough for most of the rooms I wanted to put in, though :) This is my safehouse:

4r7vgm.jpg

I've got the smelter and kiln set up in the rooms to the bottom left; the forge, when I can make it, will go in one of the two rooms at the bottom of the shot (probably the one with the stairs in it, as I need to remove them). The library is on the bottom right, and the storage room to the upper right is full of food, water, and supplies for smelting/recycling/poking zombies with. The green room on the top left is for medical equipment, and I've set up a science lab to play with bones/vaccines in one of the upper bedrooms in the two houses I've co-opted. I'm currently growing crops down in the enclosed garden, but as I continue working on the third floor I'll bridge out into the central courtyard space and put a large overhead garden up there.

I've kept space in front of the various rooms so that I can put out fruit trees when I'm able to make them; the room that was the smelting room down on the ground is currently where I'm doing all my composting, but I'll move that up sooner or later. I've tried to make sure that all that's visible from outside from the second floor up is walls, to try and stop stray light attracting zombies. The Hydrocraft made making this a lot easier than it would've been otherwise - those crates and packs of lumber are really useful, as are things like dollies that make carrying stuff somewhat easier. The size of the warehouse full of crates is a reflection of how much new stuff Hydrocraft adds to the game, though :P

Next up for me to add in are a room for viticulture, possibly on the third floor, and I'd like to include some apiaries although I'm still not really getting anywhere with finding violets. After watching a few more epsiodes of NoMIS' season four, I'll be spending some time today looking for dogs, to help guard my villa...

@BrokenMnemonic

Seed Packets are base game.

What can you find new in foraging? I've found Bark and grass. 

Can you eat bark? do they even have a purpose?

Bark Can be used to make Tannin for Leather. Birch Bark can be used to make Birch Bark Baskets.

As for what you can forage, you will just have to discover it yourself. ;)

EDIT: Sorry for cluttering up your thread with so many useless posts.  I had the same duct tape fletching problem again, not remembering that I already asked you about it and you already answered.  Sorry :\

EDIT EDIT: Okay, tried making the blueprints with every different kind of paper I could think of, plus all of the listed components.  So is this bugged or what?

Yeah you currently cannot make it because I used the wrong tag. It should be fixed next update.

Here is a video by NoMiS showing the Hydrocraft mod with the new Crafting Menu.

And here's a tutorial video for anyone looking to install the Hydrocraft mod for their own game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEVJfPIWj9A

Can i use this video on my website for a how to guide for my players? Of course all credit goes to you

@BrokenMnemonic

Bark Can be used to make Tannin for Leather. Birch Bark can be used to make Birch Bark Baskets.

Thanks for confirming seed packets are base game, I'll toddle off and put a bugrep in the tracker there :)

I haven't started making leather yet, but I was looking at the recipes in the crafting menu (I'm debating trying to add some stuff to the wiki, as I've done wiki-editing elsewhere, but I keep getting distracted) - you're using tree bark for the tannin for curing leather, but you do have another traditional source of compounds for curing leather in your mod - dog faeces. I don't know if it's an alternative you want to code in, but it might be a handy alternative for people with dogs in game who don't get much time to foraging?

I may have an ulterior motive of course, given that I don't spend a lot of time foraging in-game atm, but NoMIS has convinced me by example that I need to make my safehouse a dog shelter...

After going through and fixing as many spelling errors as I could find, I've found the following items to have references, but can't find entries for them anywhere: HCZipperbagempty, WhiskeyHalf, and Pumpkin. I've search both base game and mod script files.

Is the recipe to turn 50 seeds into a packet of seeds a Hydrocraft recipe, or an IWBUMS recipe? I'm not sure if i should bugrep it here or in the IWBUMS thread, but I managed to freak out some carrot seeds. I was trying to create a packet of seeds, and had 30 in my inventory and 36 in an open shelf in front of me, so the game said I could make the packet - but when I tried, it started spawning 30+ individual "Broken seed packet"s, each marked with the icon of a seed packet with a red cross on it.

My safe house is finally big enough for most of the rooms I wanted to put in, though :) This is my safehouse:

4r7vgm.jpg

I've got the smelter and kiln set up in the rooms to the bottom left; the forge, when I can make it, will go in one of the two rooms at the bottom of the shot (probably the one with the stairs in it, as I need to remove them). The library is on the bottom right, and the storage room to the upper right is full of food, water, and supplies for smelting/recycling/poking zombies with. The green room on the top left is for medical equipment, and I've set up a science lab to play with bones/vaccines in one of the upper bedrooms in the two houses I've co-opted. I'm currently growing crops down in the enclosed garden, but as I continue working on the third floor I'll bridge out into the central courtyard space and put a large overhead garden up there.

I've kept space in front of the various rooms so that I can put out fruit trees when I'm able to make them; the room that was the smelting room down on the ground is currently where I'm doing all my composting, but I'll move that up sooner or later. I've tried to make sure that all that's visible from outside from the second floor up is walls, to try and stop stray light attracting zombies. The Hydrocraft made making this a lot easier than it would've been otherwise - those crates and packs of lumber are really useful, as are things like dollies that make carrying stuff somewhat easier. The size of the warehouse full of crates is a reflection of how much new stuff Hydrocraft adds to the game, though :P

Next up for me to add in are a room for viticulture, possibly on the third floor, and I'd like to include some apiaries although I'm still not really getting anywhere with finding violets. After watching a few more epsiodes of NoMIS' season four, I'll be spending some time today looking for dogs, to help guard my villa...

I like your setup man, looks pretty cool.  Almost reminds me of Wayne Stewart's setup near the mall in our Season 2 adventure :)

@BrokenMnemonic

Thanks for confirming seed packets are base game, I'll toddle off and put a bugrep in the tracker there :)

I haven't started making leather yet, but I was looking at the recipes in the crafting menu (I'm debating trying to add some stuff to the wiki, as I've done wiki-editing elsewhere, but I keep getting distracted) - you're using tree bark for the tannin for curing leather, but you do have another traditional source of compounds for curing leather in your mod - dog faeces. I don't know if it's an alternative you want to code in, but it might be a handy alternative for people with dogs in game who don't get much time to foraging?

I may have an ulterior motive of course, given that I don't spend a lot of time foraging in-game atm, but NoMIS has convinced me by example that I need to make my safehouse a dog shelter...

Oh good idea!

After going through and fixing as many spelling errors as I could find, I've found the following items to have references, but can't find entries for them anywhere: HCZipperbagempty, WhiskeyHalf, and Pumpkin. I've search both base game and mod script files.

Thanks will fix those next update.

However the Pumpkin is base game so until they add it you just can't make a potted pumpkin.

I am unable to make a wooden ladder. I have all the supplies, 6 nails, 6 planks, 2 logs, hammer, and a saw. No matter which of these items I right-click upon I never get the option to craft a ladder. Any ideas?

I am unable to make a wooden ladder. I have all the supplies, 6 nails, 6 planks, 2 logs, hammer, and a saw. No matter which of these items I right-click upon I never get the option to craft a ladder. Any ideas?

Do you have capentry up to lvl 6 ?

Level 6 huh? I just figured out that you need higher carpentry levels for different recipies. It just wasn't clear at that start. Thanks for the info.

I fixed sprite rendering in the inventory and crafting ui so that big items like the Smelter fit properly.

THANK YOU!!!! It gets kinda crazy with the Fire Truck in the inventory.

Fire Trucks? We can build Fire Trucks now in Hydrocraft? I want one! And I need to find some red paint to use on the garage I'll build for it, too...

I like your setup man, looks pretty cool.  Almost reminds me of Wayne Stewart's setup near the mall in our Season 2 adventure :)

It was your Season 2 playthrough that gave me the idea - I originally found your playthrough when I was looking for vids of people exploring the Mall, by which time your base was already well established, but I really liked the way you added small buildings for the different Hydrocraft options. I may have overdone it a little, but my design is (mostly) logical - I wanted enough space to have rooms for the major crafting areas, and enough rooms that I could wall around all of the exposed windows to stop light escaping. I reconciled it as my character trying to build a base suitable for a group of survivors, rather than just one. Everything's on the second floor because... well, IWBUMS 32, basically :P Groups of 10-12 zombies clone up every few days and start banging their heads on some of the pillars on the ground floor, and I don't want to have to keep chasing zombies out of my pottery...

I'm looking at adding a third floor, but it's taken three months in-game time to build what I've got at the moment, and that's with the assistance of fifteen or so pallets of lumber gathered from four warehouses and two storage yards, plus all the boxes of nailgun ammo I can hammer into regular nails. There isn't a hubcap, frying pan or spare crowbar to be found within a three hour walk of my base - they've all been recycled as nails!

I must go back and catch up on Season 2, I've only seen about as far as Wayne falling through the escalator.

What day do you do updates again?  Thank you so much for all the hard work. :)

Normally Fridays, but this last week I updated early because of the IWBUMS update problem.

Hello, I can't equip my Big Hiking Bag (Pouches) on my back, is this a bug?

Do you have another bag on your back already? You may need to take the other bag off first.

@Hydro : For a suggestion, we could use the charcoal as fuel to light the kiln and the smelter ?

Already done for next update. Charcoal will be used instead of Logs. And many thing will be able to be turned into charcoal. Thus Charcoal will be the standard fuel for Kilns and Smelters.

I fixed sprite rendering in the inventory and crafting ui so that big items like the Smelter fit properly.

THANK YOU!!!! It gets kinda crazy with the Fire Truck in the inventory.

Fire Trucks? We can build Fire Trucks now in Hydrocraft? I want one! And I need to find some red paint to use on the garage I'll build for it, too...

Sorry for Admins only. Its for servers that use the mod so admins can spawn Cars as props.

It was your Season 2 playthrough that gave me the idea - I originally found your playthrough when I was looking for vids of people exploring the Mall, by which time your base was already well established, but I really liked the way you added small buildings for the different Hydrocraft options. I may have overdone it a little, but my design is (mostly) logical - I wanted enough space to have rooms for the major crafting areas, and enough rooms that I could wall around all of the exposed windows to stop light escaping. I reconciled it as my character trying to build a base suitable for a group of survivors, rather than just one. Everything's on the second floor because... well, IWBUMS 32, basically :P Groups of 10-12 zombies clone up every few days and start banging their heads on some of the pillars on the ground floor, and I don't want to have to keep chasing zombies out of my pottery...

I'm looking at adding a third floor, but it's taken three months in-game time to build what I've got at the moment, and that's with the assistance of fifteen or so pallets of lumber gathered from four warehouses and two storage yards, plus all the boxes of nailgun ammo I can hammer into regular nails. There isn't a hubcap, frying pan or spare crowbar to be found within a three hour walk of my base - they've all been recycled as nails!

I must go back and catch up on Season 2, I've only seen about as far as Wayne falling through the escalator.

That's so cool man!  Yeah running out of nails was a big issue for me as well near the end of our 7 month run with Wayne, so I feel your pain :P  Keep up the good work, I'll look forward to another base update once you advance a bit further :)

I found a possible bug, when you use the Wooden Bucket with Tannin to make leather, you're left with one Empty Wooden Bucket and one Wooden Bucket with Water. Essentially the buckets multiply. I have only done this twice but it did it both times.

Also, just gonna slip my fan suggestion in there, have you considered making pack horses and mules to go with the dogs? Are more farm animals part of future plans?

Thank you for the reply!  I eagerly await the next update.

Quick suggestion: make BBs weight 0.1 or even 0.05.  They're each a full pound by now.  Opening a box of BBs gives you 100 pounds in your inventory.  :evil:

EDIT: Also, the slingshot makes a flash at night/in the dark as if it was a gun.

I found a possible bug, when you use the Wooden Bucket with Tannin to make leather, you're left with one Empty Wooden Bucket and one Wooden Bucket with Water. Essentially the buckets multiply. I have only done this twice but it did it both times.

Also, just gonna slip my fan suggestion in there, have you considered making pack horses and mules to go with the dogs? Are more farm animals part of future plans?

Thanks for reporting. I think i need to destroy the water bucket in the recipe. Should be changed for next update.

Thank you for the reply!  I eagerly await the next update.

Quick suggestion: make BBs weight 0.1 or even 0.05.  They're each a full pound by now.  Opening a box of BBs gives you 100 pounds in your inventory.  :evil:

EDIT: Also, the slingshot makes a flash at night/in the dark as if it was a gun.

Already changed for the next update.

That's so cool man!  Yeah running out of nails was a big issue for me as well near the end of our 7 month run with Wayne, so I feel your pain :P  Keep up the good work, I'll look forward to another base update once you advance a bit further :)

Annoyingly, having just finished watching the end of your Season 2 playthrough last night, I thought I'd play for an hour before bed - and PZ crashed during the loading process. When I reloaded it, it'd decided my character was dead, I think - I still had the save file, but whenever I tried to load it, it insisted on me starting a new character. No idea what happened, but it means I've got a lot of work to do to catch up again.

I debated simply starting over, as that'd make it easier to get at the new stuff from Hydrocraft 2.5 and 2.6b, but I'd really like to finish that base, so I ended up going back into the same game... and I think I'm going to have to lay a lot of flooring to get those carpentry levels back. I'm trying to convince myself that Wayne didn't reach out of the grave and kill my character for daring to imitate him ;)

What's most annoying is that I'd just found a fresh dogwhistle over the weekend.