ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

There is something very satisfying about clashing steel. I enjoy it a lot. 

As for the Lee-Enfield, there were 7.62mm variants of it, the only one made in any real numbers being the L42A1 sniper rifle.

You already have either finished or planned a variety of US WW2 weapons, plus the Lee-Enfield and potentially some other .303 British guns as well... If many other weapons from the era made it in, and if I'm successful in my initial museum idea, perhaps a second one, with examples of these in would be viable... Though would have to give it more security or challenge to offset the better gains.

I am definitely envious.

I have a Lee-Enfield in the 7.62 already. I was thinking of adding the .303 version as the jungle carbine variant

There are a couple WW2 guns, most especially the Japanese ones I am skipping due to the unique Japanese rounds and some of the others like the Krag rifles, that I am passing over. I think you can code more security (locked door wise) tied to the room definition.

fvsx83Y.jpg

And a poster

dEHkjF2.jpg

Questionable cute Spiffos away!

Edit: Damn TIS filtering Spiffo adjectives to cute :P. They're also resize well, if you want the logo a bit larger.

These are AWESOME!!! Better than I even imagined!

Apologies to ObviousOllie, his poster he made back at the beginning is now being replaced...

Did you add Silencer´s?

Cause i create a couple(rifle and pistol), but i dont want release a mod with that, i think ll suite here =p

Anyway

The mod is great but...

Dude, the models even with Mod Loader need to have the location of it

So...is not going to do anything like that

I have not added silencers yet. I will be doing a overhaul of modifications and adding silencers is part of that. So, be patient!, they will come!

I am confused, what issue are you having with the models?

As for the Lee-Enfield, there were 7.62mm variants of it, the only one made in any real numbers being the L42A1 sniper rifle.

You already have either finished or planned a variety of US WW2 weapons, plus the Lee-Enfield and potentially some other .303 British guns as well... If many other weapons from the era made it in, and if I'm successful in my initial museum idea, perhaps a second one, with examples of these in would be viable... Though would have to give it more security or challenge to offset the better gains.

I am definitely envious.

I have a Lee-Enfield in the 7.62 already. I was thinking of adding the .303 version as the jungle carbine variant

There are a couple WW2 guns, most especially the Japanese ones I am skipping due to the unique Japanese rounds and some of the others like the Krag rifles, that I am passing over. I think you can code more security (locked door wise) tied to the room definition.

fvsx83Y.jpg

And a poster

dEHkjF2.jpg

Questionable cute Spiffos away!

Edit: Damn TIS filtering Spiffo adjectives to cute :P. They're also resize well, if you want the logo a bit larger.

These are AWESOME!!! Better than I even imagined!

Apologies to ObviousOllie, his poster he made back at the beginning is now being replaced...

Did you add Silencer´s?

Cause i create a couple(rifle and pistol), but i dont want release a mod with that, i think ll suite here =p

Anyway

The mod is great but...

Dude, the models even with Mod Loader need to have the location of it

So...is not going to do anything like that

I have not added silencers yet. I will be doing a overhaul of modifications and adding silencers is part of that. So, be patient!, they will come!

I am confused, what issue are you having with the models?

My issue is dont see the models

I have modloader yes

My pc suports and i am using 3d models

=/

I made 1 weapon, can i send you the code?

M79 grenade launcher =)))

I am definitely envious.

I've seen the Lee-Enfield there, why I even mentioned the .303 in the first place. Would you consider changing it to .303? Or at least the name? Any Lee-Enfield rifles chambered in 7.62 had different names. The No. 4 itself refers to .303 guns only. 

By more secure, I'd want more than a couple of locks... I'll look into ensuring it has an alarm, unless they're turned off. Perhaps put it around some other buildings to warrant a high zombie presence.

I have modloader yes

=/

That is strange, which version of ModelLoader and which version of ORGM are you using. Also, did you install the ModelLoader to the install directory?

You can send me the code for the grenade launcher, but I am going to stay away from explosive weapons for probably a long time. I want to keep my focus on conventional projectile weapons.

I really do appreciate the enthusiasm, though! At some point I may add OREM (ORGM's Real Explosives Mod) to my list of eventual mods after my ORMM (ORMtnMan's Real Melee Mod). I want to get this mod down first though.

Clip!

I've seen the Lee-Enfield there, why I even mentioned the .303 in the first place. Would you consider changing it to .303? Or at least the name? Any Lee-Enfield rifles chambered in 7.62 had different names. The No. 4 itself refers to .303 guns only. 

By more secure, I'd want more than a couple of locks... I'll look into ensuring it has an alarm, unless they're turned off. Perhaps put it around some other buildings to warrant a high zombie presence.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood your previous message! Historical accuracy makes me happy, so yes, on the next version I will change the name and I will add the .303 as the No.4.

Not sure about the alarms, looking at the code for those, the code handles them differently. It generates a set number of alarmed houses in the area then each time you open a new house (or building) up is does a random number check to see if you get an alarm house. If you do, it reduces the number of alarm houses. and each new house reduces the total house pool for the percentage...

I have modloader yes

=/

That is strange, which version of ModelLoader and which version of ORGM are you using. Also, did you install the ModelLoader to the install directory?

You can send me the code for the grenade launcher, but I am going to stay away from explosive weapons for probably a long time. I want to keep my focus on conventional projectile weapons.

I really do appreciate the enthusiasm, though! At some point I may add OREM (ORGM's Real Explosives Mod) to my list of eventual mods after my ORMM (ORMtnMan's Real Melee Mod). I want to get this mod down first though.

Clip!

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood your previous message! Historical accuracy makes me happy, so yes, on the next version I will change the name and I will add the .303 as the No.4.

Not sure about the alarms, looking at the code for those, the code handles them differently. It generates a set number of alarmed houses in the area then each time you open a new house (or building) up is does a random number check to see if you get an alarm house. If you do, it reduces the number of alarm houses. and each new house reduces the total house pool for the percentage...

Thanks for your reply mate

I may have a issue on my ModelManager thats why =S

I am reinstalling the game. Perhaps was the problem

I damn love this mod. Adds so much variety in firearm, and makes the firearms much more enjoyable to play with.

My only problem is it makes firearms way too common and plentiful, especially on the bodies of zombies, that it just doesn't feel as special when finding one.

A minor problem but still an awesome mod.

I damn love this mod. Adds so much variety in firearm, and makes the firearms much more enjoyable to play with.

My only problem is it makes firearms way too common and plentiful, especially on the bodies of zombies, that it just doesn't feel as special when finding one.

A minor problem but still an awesome mod.

I am glad you are enjoying my mod!

If more people agree that you find too many guns on dead bodies I will revise it down.

Otherwise if you want to adjust the drop frequency, go to (in my mod folder) media/lua/server there open up the Distributions file and you can affect any of the percentages there.

This reminds me that I should somehow tie my drop frequencies to the loot rarity settings.I'll look into doing that next

Quick and dirty bug report!

Queuing up multiple reloads eats up any ammo that was in the magazine previously.

Process;

1. Reload magazine.
  2. In the middle of reloading the magazine, right click reload another magazine
  3. Magazine being reloaded in step one loses any ammo it had and magazine being reloaded in step two continues to be reloaded.

I tested this on reload difficulty normal (natch) with a pair of STANAG 5.56 mags, if that makes any difference. If this has been reported before, oops and sorry. :P

Aside from this - massive props for being the author of one of the best PZ weapon mods out there and being an active dev! Thanks for being such a big part of my PZ experience, lol.

Cheers!

Quick and dirty bug report!

Queuing up multiple reloads eats up any ammo that was in the magazine previously.

Process;

1. Reload magazine.
  2. In the middle of reloading the magazine, right click reload another magazine
  3. Magazine being reloaded in step one loses any ammo it had and magazine being reloaded in step two continues to be reloaded.

I tested this on reload difficulty normal (natch) with a pair of STANAG 5.56 mags, if that makes any difference. If this has been reported before, oops and sorry. :P

Aside from this - massive props for being the author of one of the best PZ weapon mods out there and being an active dev! Thanks for being such a big part of my PZ experience, lol.

Cheers!

Wow that is an intense issue! Though, that would have been an issue with the base game as well. I didn't change how the reloading queues up timed action wise. Let me look into it.

Edit: Confirmed it only happens when trying to queue up two items of the same kind. In fact, i couldn't queue up a different reload item after the first. I tried reloading a shotgun while reloading a STANAG mag, and it stopped after the STANAG. Whereas, reloading a STANAG mag while reloading a STANAG mag does exactly what you say. It erases the ammo loading in progress and starts it over while not replacing the ammo from your pile. This is a base game issue, but I will see what I can do about addressing it. Really, really good find on this one!

Thanks for the massive props! It really means a lot to hear such good things from you guys here. It makes me feel like I am really something good with this and makes me keep going. Bashing my head against painfully difficult coding can be really difficult at times. I will be honest, it has at times made me want me to throw up my arms and walk away, but, everyone's kind words keeps me coming back. So, thanks to everyone!

ALRIGHT! I read all 44 pages of the mod post to make sure that I'm not repeating any suggestions, SO IF YOU WON'T ADD THESE I'LL SCREAM. Of course, I'm being facetious, this is a truly outstanding mod you've made, it is an absolutely remarkable product of much time and effort. It's highly commendable work and a completely changed experience and a new necessity for my project zomboid game. So without further adieu, I'll make my suggestions, not demands, this is your project and you should do as you please with it. 

S&W M500 - Beautiful weapon, very much so popular, an American icon to the power of firearms and could translate very well into game. Now the concerns about this would be the rare ammo type, .500 S&W Magnum, which violates the understandable exclusion to weapons using obscure ammo. Secondly, the issue with no exclusive caliber guns, which is completely reasonable, it would really irk me as well if there were plenty of 1 gun per caliber weapons too, it would feel like a waste of time coding. But I possible solutions to qualms about it, and they're solutions that I've done myself by editing the mod. 1. Make a unique version of the weapon (A la Fallout 3 & New Vegas) with different stats. Or 2. In lieu of absolute realism (which can be a deal breaker to some people), add in other weapons of its mettle and have them use the same ammo.

However if you're a stickler for real world accuracy and non exclusive ammo types, other weapons  that use the .500 S&W Magnum round are the Ultimate 500 single action 5 shot revolver, give it a look up (I'm not fully aware of the forum rules on links, especially to sites where potential sales can be made) or the BFR, also a single action 5 shot.

S&W M500, which I noticed was mentioned in passing, "stats" are as follows. Weight of 3.5-5 lbs, double action, 5 shot cylinder, effective range of 50m, with a max range of 100m. Devastating recoil, with a round that fires at almost 2x the speed of sound. So basically, the zed and the next 2 guys behind him are dead (hyperbole, to an extent). If you'll excuse my language, the only statement that does it justice, I feel is "This gun is one mean motherf*ck." To conclude, the basis for my argument on the addition of the S&W M500, BFR and Ultimate 500 and .500 S&W Magnum ammo are the sheer popularity of the weapons, both in American media and amongst real world operators, the ungodly power of the cartridge, balanced out by heavy recoil/action restrictions and my assurance that it'll be a real crowd pleaser/sweeper.

and of course, as soon as I begin to write suggestions, I completely forget all of them, I've been staring at this proposal for 30 minutes now, and the only thing that I can precisely remember is the M500, but I was going to suggest adding in more .38 revolvers, when it comes back to me, I'll bother everyone some more

ALRIGHT! I read all 44 pages of the mod post to make sure that I'm not repeating any suggestions, SO IF YOU WON'T ADD THESE I'LL SCREAM. Of course, I'm being facetious, this is a truly outstanding mod you've made, it is an absolutely remarkable product of much time and effort. It's highly commendable work and a completely changed experience and a new necessity for my project zomboid game. So without further adieu, I'll make my suggestions, not demands, this is your project and you should do as you please with it. 

S&W M500 - Beautiful weapon, very much so popular, an American icon to the power of firearms and could translate very well into game. Now the concerns about this would be the rare ammo type, .500 S&W Magnum, which violates the understandable exclusion to weapons using obscure ammo. Secondly, the issue with no exclusive caliber guns, which is completely reasonable, it would really irk me as well if there were plenty of 1 gun per caliber weapons too, it would feel like a waste of time coding. But I possible solutions to qualms about it, and they're solutions that I've done myself by editing the mod. 1. Make a unique version of the weapon (A la Fallout 3 & New Vegas) with different stats. Or 2. In lieu of absolute realism (which can be a deal breaker to some people), add in other weapons of its mettle and have them use the same ammo.

However if you're a stickler for real world accuracy and non exclusive ammo types, other weapons  that use the .500 S&W Magnum round are the Ultimate 500 single action 5 shot revolver, give it a look up (I'm not fully aware of the forum rules on links, especially to sites where potential sales can be made) or the BFR, also a single action 5 shot.

S&W M500, which I noticed was mentioned in passing, "stats" are as follows. Weight of 3.5-5 lbs, double action, 5 shot cylinder, effective range of 50m, with a max range of 100m. Devastating recoil, with a round that fires at almost 2x the speed of sound. So basically, the zed and the next 2 guys behind him are dead (hyperbole, to an extent). If you'll excuse my language, the only statement that does it justice, I feel is "This gun is one mean motherf*ck." To conclude, the basis for my argument on the addition of the S&W M500, BFR and Ultimate 500 and .500 S&W Magnum ammo are the sheer popularity of the weapons, both in American media and amongst real world operators, the ungodly power of the cartridge, balanced out by heavy recoil/action restrictions and my assurance that it'll be a real crowd pleaser/sweeper.

and of course, as soon as I begin to write suggestions, I completely forget all of them, I've been staring at this proposal for 30 minutes now, and the only thing that I can precisely remember is the M500, but I was going to suggest adding in more .38 revolvers, when it comes back to me, I'll bother everyone some more

First I REALLY appreciate you reading through so thoroughly to see if your suggestion was already given.

I also really appreciate your making the case for the S&W 500!

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to suggest the .500 S&W. Lucky for you, there are a couple of guns that use it. A raging bull, the S&W, and I believe there is a MR BFR in the .500 as well. It is a monster caliber for sure.

I'll add it to the list of guns to add, but keep in mind, it will be very, very rare. It will blow zombies away, but you better save it for when you are good at shooting or you will waste the valueable ammo.

Also, there is a problem with the issue of blow-through... Several guns already in the game would have that capability, however, the game mechanics do not. So, I don't think I can recreate that effect (though I will look to see if it is at all possible. Technically anything is possible, but, I am not really that good at coding.

I love .38 revolvers, so you if think of them, throw them my way (or any other guns for that matter) and I'll add them.

I assuming the from the lack of error reports and the 300+ downloads, that there are no errors with distribution script!

I am working on some other code for new features at the moment... so stay tuned and let me know if you all find anything.

ORMtnMan, You know it's illegal to not have a custom avatar after 500+ posts. :P (You know, that banner would be a good avatar for you.) 

dEHkjF2.jpg

Sorry, I missed this post. Lol, I like the original avatar :mrgreen: . I'll give it some thought

Edit: Fine, I did it

You know, until I made that NF plug-in I never thought your mod would be of any use for me (hell, I never thought about downloading it before that), but I've grown to like it a lot, sure, I use it mostly for power fantasy plays where I just mow down zombies with a heavy machinegun (Great stress relief) but it's a really great mod with a fton of content, after using it a little I really do see the appeal.

Also, since I'm here, did you ever think about adding a Pancor Jackhammer into your mod? (I searched the forums, didn't seem to be suggested) I do realize that it's an extremely rare, extremely defective weapon and only something like 20 of it exist and even less work like they're supposed to buuuuut I've always liked having that weapon in video games so I thought it might be worth asking.

You know, until I made that NF plug-in I never thought your mod would be of any use for me (hell, I never thought about downloading it before that), but I've grown to like it a lot, sure, I use it mostly for power fantasy plays where I just mow down zombies with a heavy machinegun (Great stress relief) but it's a really great mod with a fton of content, after using it a little I really do see the appeal.

Also, since I'm here, did you ever think about adding a Pancor Jackhammer into your mod? (I searched the forums, didn't seem to be suggested) I do realize that it's an extremely rare, extremely defective weapon and only something like 20 of it exist and even less work like they're supposed to buuuuut I've always liked having that weapon in video games so I thought it might be worth asking.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it! It is always fun to mow down a horde from time to time.

Sure, I'll add it as it uses the standard 12 gauge shell. I already have the USAS-12 anyway. I am going to say now that I will not add the HK CAWS (in case anyone asks) as it uses specialized linked ammunition.

Simple question:

Do i will can find more weapons when there is more weapons in data base? Because in builds 20 + X i was using Tommy guns mod or something like that and.... Jesus! There was survival axes on every fucking zombie!

ive been using the newest version of the mod and it has come to my attention that im not recieving almost any ammunition.ive played a good 15-20 games and each time i would check the police station or storage units for guns there are always 5-10 guns but no ammo at all. same thing with zombie drops they still drop the guns however no attachments no ammo and some guns spawn with negative ammo. please help, all my drops are set at abundant no other mods are active. i dont think it was intentional for the ammo drops to be so low that the firearms in the mod are not even an option.

Simple question:

Do i will can find more weapons when there is more weapons in data base? Because in builds 20 + X i was using Tommy guns mod or something like that and.... Jesus! There was survival axes on every fucking zombie!

No, you should not be inundated with guns. I will eventually tie it to drop frequency settings so you can determine the frequency. That will come soon enough. Right now I am working on weapon attachments.

ive been using the newest version of the mod and it has come to my attention that im not recieving almost any ammunition.ive played a good 15-20 games and each time i would check the police station or storage units for guns there are always 5-10 guns but no ammo at all. same thing with zombie drops they still drop the guns however no attachments no ammo and some guns spawn with negative ammo. please help, all my drops are set at abundant no other mods are active. i dont think it was intentional for the ammo drops to be so low that the firearms in the mod are not even an option.

Huh, that is interesting. I will check into it! Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Edit: Fixed. As it is a relatively catastrophic problem, here is the link now!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c1d5vju8uf2n15o/ORGM+1.241.zip

Ignore any errors in relation to attachments. IT is because I am still inprocess of working on that. It obviously is not working yet, but I have learned what I want to do is possible.