ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

I am quite new to the PZ, and has found mods for it not a long time ago, I has not followed the mod from its start, but do the  guns in the mod have a model at all? I mean do they mean to be like old ones( i. e. when I have a revolver I will have to hold a pistol model) or shall it be replaced by a revolver model that is in the "texture" folder of the mod? 

I am just so confused with that, can not play game till I solve that problem :wacko:

I am quite new to the PZ, and has found mods for it not a long time ago, I has not followed the mod from its start, but do the  guns in the mod have a model at all? I mean do they mean to be like old ones( i. e. when I have a revolver I will have to hold a pistol model) or shall it be replaced by a revolver model that is in the "texture" folder of the mod? 

I am just so confused with that, can not play game till I solve that problem :wacko:

In order to see the custom gun models, the game requires an additional mod found in this forum called 'ModelLoader'. Its install is different than the rest. You have to copy the zombie folder into your steam install folder and overwrite the files prompted in order for that part of this mod to work.

I recommend you get version 1.06 because of a recent bug reported with version 1.09. 

Thank you very much, the problem with empty magic striking hands has gone. 

But... there is always "but". When I have a Colt Anaconda in my hands, it looks like a Pistol. In the "texture" folder of the ORMtnMan's mod I have found a model of this particular revolver (not an icon) Is there any magic way of how I can replace one by another?

Sorry for all the redundant questions about ModelLoader ORM :(

I'm going to update ModelLoader soon, and I should include some instructions for installing it. 

HAH! Jab, don't worry about it. One your mod brought us into a whole new era of modding and i signed up for it myself by making my mod dependent! I am more than willing to take the (minor) bad with the (major) good.

Thank you very much, the problem with empty magic striking hands has gone. 

But... there is always "but". When I have a Colt Anaconda in my hands, it looks like a Pistol. In the "texture" folder of the ORMtnMan's mod I have found a model of this particular revolver (not an icon) Is there any magic way of how I can replace one by another?

Yeah, if you want to change the model, find the item file in the media/scripts folder and go to town changing whatever models you want. If you need more in depth instructions let me know. I don't want to downplay your possible knowledge of coding. :mrgreen:

You were quite right at estimating my coding knowledge :oops: , however I will still understand . As far as I understand, ( correct me if I am wrong) When I go to the scripts folder and open .txt files, I have to open e.g. ORGMRevolvers and change WeaponSprite=Handgun into whatever. But there comes the problem as I am not quite sure what shal I put. I have found the model in the texture folder of the mod, but when I change its name in the script, when I start PZ I am holding a Holy Spirit in my hand :???: . Can you give me an instruction of how I can fix that?

P.S. sorry for my bad English

You were quite right at estimating my coding knowledge :oops: , however I will still understand . As far as I understand, ( correct me if I am wrong) When I go to the scripts folder and open .txt files, I have to open e.g. ORGMRevolvers and change WeaponSprite=Handgun into whatever. But there comes the problem as I am not quite sure what shal I put. I have found the model in the texture folder of the mod, but when I change its name in the script, when I start PZ I am holding a Holy Spirit in my hand :???: . Can you give me an instruction of how I can fix that?

P.S. sorry for my bad English

You are very astute! You are on mostly the right track. Go to the media/lua/client and the ORGM.lua which initializes the models as well. So look there!

Cool mod! Bit overwhelmed at first.

I would really echo your own sentiment from the start and not have too many variants of the same/similar guns.

As a non weapons expert (have shot plenty but don't know all the guns listed) its nice to have the variety without diluting the pool too much.

Thought about adding any silenced attachments? is that possible?

Any servers running the mod also?

Cool mod! Bit overwhelmed at first.

I would really echo your own sentiment from the start and not have too many variants of the same/similar guns.

As a non weapons expert (have shot plenty but don't know all the guns listed) its nice to have the variety without diluting the pool too much.

Thought about adding any silenced attachments? is that possible?

Any servers running the mod also?

I am trying not to have too many repeats unless there are significant differences in operation or quality (e.g. M4A1 vs. HK-416, or full auto and semi-auto civvie variants)

Working on the silencers. The next update I am working on is rather massive as it is a complete overhaul of the reloading system and the attachments system, including the addition of silencers. This will take me quite a while due to time constraints and such so, be patient! :mrgreen:

I am pretty sue there are a couple servers around running the mod but I don't know them off the top of my head.

Any news on new release?

Patience :-D . It is a massive update that requires reworking of a large bit of code and a lot of testing.

Currently I am reworking the reloading code to allow for table lists. Then I have to shift the code so that the gun takes on the stats of the round that is either chambered or on the top of the list. I know where I am going, it is just a slog getting there.

Keep checking in and I will give periodic updates on the progress.

Don't worry I won't be going the way of Pravus

Patience :-D . It is a massive update that requires reworking of a large bit of code and a lot of testing.

Currently I am reworking the reloading code to allow for table lists. Then I have to shift the code so that the gun takes on the stats of the round that is either chambered or on the top of the list. I know where I am going, it is just a slog getting there.

Keep checking in and I will give periodic updates on the progress.

Don't worry I won't be going the way of Pravus

Lol thanks for the update >.< take all the time you need :D I appreciate the work you put into this I literally cannot imagine playing PZ without this and Hydrocraft now. Good luck on the update and thanks again for the mod!

So, I have a weapon recommendation.

The FN F2000

Aside from it being slightly hard to find in the United States, Probably close to impossible. (Only reason I can think of it not to be added x_x)

The F2000 would be... at least in my eyes, a nice addition.

It uses the same caliber of round as the M16 and M4, the 5.56x45 Nato, and if I had to take a rough guess at its weight and most functionality would be similar to the M16, aside from the obvious. (Bull pump style chambering)

But anyways, weather to not you add it is up to you, and with or without it, the mod is already one of the best mods I have seen for this game to date.

So, keep up the good work mate!

So, I have a weapon recommendation.

The FN F2000

Aside from it being slightly hard to find in the United States, Probably close to impossible. (Only reason I can think of it not to be added x_x)

The F2000 would be... at least in my eyes, a nice addition.

It uses the same caliber of round as the M16 and M4, the 5.56x45 Nato, and if I had to take a rough guess at its weight and most functionality would be similar to the M16, aside from the obvious. (Bull pump style chambering)

But anyways, weather to not you add it is up to you, and with or without it, the mod is already one of the best mods I have seen for this game to date.

So, keep up the good work mate!

I'll add it to the list, under the ultra rare category

Not seeing it on the workshop yet. Hopefully it will appear soon as get added to some servers.

It should be there, I already have 242 subscribers, look under the new mods

Here's some guns i got as ideas

(forgive me if they may be already suggested)

Shepherd and Harold Turpin Enfield MKII (STEN)

-Uses 9x19mm

-3.2kg

-32 round detachable box mag

AK-47

-About 8lb full metal mag

-7.62x39

-30 round detachable box magazine. There are also 5- 10-, 20- and 40-round box and 75- and 100-round drum magazines available.

AK-74

-About 7lb full metal mag

-5.45x39mm

-30 round detachable box magazine, and can use the RPK's 45 round magazine.

M14

-10.7lb with full metal mag

-7.62x51 NATO

-20 round detachable box magazine

MK14 EBR

-11.24lb with full metal mag

-7.62x51 NATO

-10 or 20 round detachable box magazine

M1919A4 Browning MG

-31lb (carried) - 37.94lb (mounted) 53lb (mounted long range)

-7.62x51 NATO (however there are many other ammo types like the .30.06 springfield)

-Box mag or belt fed

SVT-40

-About 9lb loaded

-7.62x54mmR

-10 round detachable box magazine, can be loaded via stripper clips

-Scopes can be mounted to be used as long range rifle

-Bayonet able to be mounted

-Able to be converted to AVT-40

M7 Bayonet (knife)

-The M7 1095 carbon steel blade is 6 3/4 inches long, with an overall length of 11.9 inches. Blade width is 7/8 inch and it weighs about 9.6 ounces.

-Can be mounted on guns to be used as a bayonet

G41

-About 5lb loaded

-5.56x45 NATO

-Can be loaded via stripper clips or various STANAG magazines

Now for my reasoning to add them as per requisite of the suggestion rules

For WWII Weapons (G41, SVT/AVT40, STEN, M1919A4 Browning)

Adding new WWII weapons will bring a new taste of the past to Project zomboid. Although these weapons may be old, and have been replaced by newer, more powerful versions, you can never beat the classics. These guns were some of the most commonly made WWII weapons that are still used today, primarily kept by civilians, with the exception of the M1919A4, which has been refitted for modern military usage. In their days, all these guns had millions and millions produced, and most are still produced today.

For Modern Weapons (Everything else.)

These will add on to the current list of modern weapons. The AK Series has -- and continues to be used by many armed forces in the middle east and Asia, and are popular among american citizens for their renown and looks. Relatively cheap and reliable, the AK series is still a classic you just can't beat. And a common ammo, too. The M14/EBR will add new battle/sniper rifles to the list, the MK14 EBR being effective at a very high range, and the M14 being much better at closer range. Each can be customized in their own way, and are also popular among american citizens, and the MK14 EBR is still in use the by US armed forces and navy.

And finally, the M7 Bayonet. Out of ammo? REALLY angry at zombies? Just feel like stabbing things? The M7 Bayonet is all you need. Able to be used independently as a combat knife or mounted onto a large field of modern and pre-modern guns, the M7 Bayonet is something you'll find yourself never leaving home without.

That's all i have for now. Great mod by the way, keep up the good work!  :D

Also if you could, please add body armor or military/law enforcement uniforms. It would help with RPs and just make you feel safer

... and keep you alive longer.

Here's some guns i got as ideas

(forgive me if they may be already suggested)

Shepherd and Harold Turpin Enfield MKII (STEN)

-Uses 9x19mm

-3.2kg

-32 round detachable box mag

AK-47

-About 8lb full metal mag

-7.62x39

-30 round detachable box magazine. There are also 5- 10-, 20- and 40-round box and 75- and 100-round drum magazines available.

AK-74

-About 7lb full metal mag

-5.45x39mm

-30 round detachable box magazine, and can use the RPK's 45 round magazine.

M14

-10.7lb with full metal mag

-7.62x51 NATO

-20 round detachable box magazine

MK14 EBR

-11.24lb with full metal mag

-7.62x51 NATO

-10 or 20 round detachable box magazine

M1919A4 Browning MG

-31lb (carried) - 37.94lb (mounted) 53lb (mounted long range)

-7.62x51 NATO (however there are many other ammo types like the .30.06 springfield)

-Box mag or belt fed

SVT-40

-About 9lb loaded

-7.62x54mmR

-10 round detachable box magazine, can be loaded via stripper clips

-Scopes can be mounted to be used as long range rifle

-Bayonet able to be mounted

-Able to be converted to AVT-40

M7 Bayonet (knife)

-The M7 1095 carbon steel blade is 6 3/4 inches long, with an overall length of 11.9 inches. Blade width is 7/8 inch and it weighs about 9.6 ounces.

-Can be mounted on guns to be used as a bayonet

G41

-About 5lb loaded

-5.56x45 NATO

-Can be loaded via stripper clips or various STANAG magazines

Now for my reasoning to add them as per requisite of the suggestion rules

For WWII Weapons (G41, SVT/AVT40, STEN, M1919A4 Browning)

Adding new WWII weapons will bring a new taste of the past to Project zomboid. Although these weapons may be old, and have been replaced by newer, more powerful versions, you can never beat the classics. These guns were some of the most commonly made WWII weapons that are still used today, primarily kept by civilians, with the exception of the M1919A4, which has been refitted for modern military usage. In their days, all these guns had millions and millions produced, and most are still produced today.

For Modern Weapons (Everything else.)

These will add on to the current list of modern weapons. The AK Series has -- and continues to be used by many armed forces in the middle east and Asia, and are popular among american citizens for their renown and looks. Relatively cheap and reliable, the AK series is still a classic you just can't beat. And a common ammo, too. The M14/EBR will add new battle/sniper rifles to the list, the MK14 EBR being effective at a very high range, and the M14 being much better at closer range. Each can be customized in their own way, and are also popular among american citizens, and the MK14 EBR is still in use the by US armed forces and navy.

And finally, the M7 Bayonet. Out of ammo? REALLY angry at zombies? Just feel like stabbing things? The M7 Bayonet is all you need. Able to be used independently as a combat knife or mounted onto a large field of modern and pre-modern guns, the M7 Bayonet is something you'll find yourself never leaving home without.

That's all i have for now. Great mod by the way, keep up the good work!  :D

Also if you could, please add body armor or military/law enforcement uniforms. It would help with RPs and just make you feel safer

... and keep you alive longer.

Wow quite the suggestion!

I already have the Sten Gun, AK-47, M14, and the Browning MG on the list to add

I can add the MK14 EBR, SVT and the HK G41.

However, I want to keep the scope of this mod limited to guns, so I don't want to get into melee weapons or armor.

Eventually I will expand into a separate melee mod, but that will be much later, I have too much work already with the guns by themselves

I have a good number of WWII weapons, but if you look at the list on the front page and have any additional ones, let me know!

Getting the following error on the Workshop version:

ERROR: ItemContainer.AddItem: can't find
-------------------------------------------------------------
attempted index: getModData of non-table: null
-----------------------------------------
STACK TRACE
function: GenerateItem -- file: ORGMItemGen.lua line # 9
function: ORGMDistr -- file: ORGMDistribution.lua line # 562
Callframe at: se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.MultiLuaJavaInvoker@9c6fd4f
function: fillContainer -- file: ItemPicker.lua line # 98
java.lang.RuntimeException: attempted index: getModData of non-table: null
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.tableget(KahluaThread.java:1549)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:623)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:163)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1727)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcallvoid(KahluaThread.java:1672)
at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcallvoid(LuaCaller.java:53)
at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.protectedCallVoid(LuaCaller.java:81)
at zombie.Lua.Event.trigger(Event.java:37)
at zombie.Lua.LuaEventManager.triggerEvent(LuaEventManager.java:141)
at zombie.Lua.LuaEventManager.triggerEventGarbage(LuaEventManager.java:150)
at zombie.Lua.LuaManager$GlobalObject.triggerEvent(LuaManager.java:1679)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor295.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.caller.MethodCaller.call(MethodCaller.java:61)
at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaInvoker.call(LuaJavaInvoker.java:199)
at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.MultiLuaJavaInvoker.call(MultiLuaJavaInvoker.java:55)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.callJava(KahluaThread.java:182)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:983)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1642)
at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)
at zombie.LoadGridsquarePerformanceWorkaround$ItemPicker.checkObject(LoadGridsquarePerformanceWorkaround.java:438)
at zombie.LoadGridsquarePerformanceWorkaround.LoadGridsquare(LoadGridsquarePerformanceWorkaround.java:48)
at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.doLoadGridsquare(IsoChunk.java:1023)
at zombie.iso.IsoChunkMap.update(IsoChunkMap.java:175)
at zombie.iso.IsoCell.update(IsoCell.java:5147)
at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.update(IsoWorld.java:2353)
at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:1216)
at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:101)
at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:636)
at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1187)
at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:991)
at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:165)
STACK TRACE

Getting the following error on the Workshop version:

ERROR: ItemContainer.AddItem: can't find

-------------------------------------------------------------

attempted index: getModData of non-table: null

STACK TRACE

java.lang.RuntimeException: attempted index: getModData of non-table: null

at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.tableget(KahluaThread.java:1549)

at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:623)

at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcallvoid(KahluaThread.java:1672)

at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcallvoid(LuaCaller.java:53)

at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.protectedCallVoid(LuaCaller.java:81)

at zombie.Lua.Event.trigger(Event.java:37)

at zombie.Lua.LuaEventManager.triggerEvent(LuaEventManager.java:141)

at zombie.Lua.LuaEventManager.triggerEventGarbage(LuaEventManager.java:150)

at zombie.Lua.LuaManager$GlobalObject.triggerEvent(LuaManager.java:1679)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor295.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.caller.MethodCaller.call(MethodCaller.java:61)

at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaInvoker.call(LuaJavaInvoker.java:199)

at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.MultiLuaJavaInvoker.call(MultiLuaJavaInvoker.java:55)

at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.callJava(KahluaThread.java:182)

at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:983)

at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1642)

at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)

at zombie.LoadGridsquarePerformanceWorkaround$ItemPicker.checkObject(LoadGridsquarePerformanceWorkaround.java:438)

at zombie.LoadGridsquarePerformanceWorkaround.LoadGridsquare(LoadGridsquarePerformanceWorkaround.java:48)

at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.doLoadGridsquare(IsoChunk.java:1023)

at zombie.iso.IsoChunkMap.update(IsoChunkMap.java:175)

at zombie.iso.IsoCell.update(IsoCell.java:5147)

at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.update(IsoWorld.java:2353)

at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:1216)

at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:101)

at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:636)

at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1187)

at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:991)

at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:165)

STACK TRACE

hrm, I'll look into it! Thanks for the heads up!

Hello legendary OTR :razz:   !

OMG ! It's been a very long time ago since i came back to the forum.
For you summarize all, since my last visit, I unfortunately stopped playing PZ (and your mod by the way) by weariness and lack of time (work,  school final test, driving...) Im sorry and i apologize.:sad: 

And one day, i was bored and has nothing to do, so i decided to check again this fantastic game and your amazing mod (i don't forgot to check also others amazing mods like Hydrocraft) :)
I read a little and saw that you have improved nicely the mod ! Keep up the great work.
Well, look like themod popularity has growed up ! Cool  :-)

And finaly, i just want to ask you two questions...

-I noticed that awesone Jab, updated ModLoader (yeah :D ) into 32.27, so now can we use your mod in 32.27 ?
If i understand correctly, Jab's awesome mod was still in 32.17, and your mod is reliant of it, so until it has improved his mod, we cannot play at others version that the 32.17 ?

-Have you improved the gun's distributions system ? I like much the new gun's system that you added (find weapons slighty damaged and somes with ammo inside !)

As i said, keep up the great work !

Hello OTR, love the mod! Its great, thnaks for all your hard work, but I would like to ask you about the ability for this to work in split-screen (I currently tested in 32.27 build.)

It seems to load in gun models in 3d in single player, but it won't in split screen co-op.

Any idea why?

3d models work in single player, but they don't show up in split screen.

Hello OTR, love the mod! Its great, thnaks for all your hard work, but I would like to ask you about the ability for this to work in split-screen (I currently tested in 32.27 build.)

It seems to load in gun models in 3d in single player, but it won't in split screen co-op.

Any idea why?

3d models work in single player, but they don't show up in split screen.

Usefull information for me ! Just asked OTR if now the mod can work in Build 32.27 with the new release of Modloader, you just answered it, Thank  :-D

EDIT : Well, starting to test to, find a glock 21 pistol no 3D Model... And im sure that i correctly installed ModLoader, because i find an another pistol that is Kel-tec and for this one i have the 3D model.

stuff

Usefull information for me ! Just asked OTR if now the mod can work in Build 32.27 with the new release of Modloader, you just answered it, Thank  :-D

EDIT : Well, starting to test to, find a glock 21 pistol no 3D Model... And im sure that i correctly installed ModLoader, because i find an another pistol that is Kel-tec and for this one i have the 3D model.

I have found myself incorrect, retesting it today, and the CUSTOM 3d models don't load. So its my fault actually, the modloader needs to be updated!

So we'll just have to wait for when the great OTR wants to update, and the model loader thing gets updated too. :)

Ok.

But i don't think ModLoader need to be updated because it's already at 32.27. It's OTR great mod, because it's still coded at 32.17 version of the game and Jab ModLoader 32.17/32.16 version. But as he said (or someone, dont remember) , it's a massive update so he had more work/things to do, we must wait...

Ok.

But i don't think ModLoader need to be updated because it's already at 32.27. It's OTR great mod, because it's still coded at 32.17 version of the game and Jab ModLoader 32.17/32.16 version. But as he said (or someone, dont remember) , it's a massive update so he had more work/things to do, we must wait...

IIRC, Jab changed how things work on the Lua side, so he's gotta update that.