ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

I kinda fell off the earth in terms of playing Project Zomboid: Did you ever change the weapon spawn rates on your mod, ORMtnMan (I sent you a PM about dat ages ago).

Yep, I did, but the mod is currently deadish until Jab uploads an updated version of his ModLoader (which should be later today) then I should be releasing a stable release later this weekend.

EDIT: Welcome back by the way :-D

We discovered this last night...  We had a new member trying to get on the server so he was on 32.7 while all of us and the server were still running 32.6.  Well, we made the mistake of updating the server and all clients so we were all on the same update.  Now all the guns are broked.  I might have to shut down the server until Jab updates ModelLoader.  It's completely hosed at the moment.

EDIT:  Well, it appears the guns still work, they're just invisible so I've put the server back online.  Hopefully ModelLoader gets updated soon.

I kinda fell off the earth in terms of playing Project Zomboid: Did you ever change the weapon spawn rates on your mod, ORMtnMan (I sent you a PM about dat ages ago).

Yep, I did, but the mod is currently deadish until Jab uploads an updated version of his ModLoader (which should be later today) then I should be releasing a stable release later this weekend.

EDIT: Welcome back by the way :-D

I haven't played Project Zomboid in ages (because I tend to stick to games I've gotten 'used to' so to speak). I'll be sure to give your mod a shot, though, if the gun rates are now lowered!

Hey there I have a little problem and I can't find a good answear / solution to it. I did install the mod the way the instructions told me, however most of the guns that I have used have no texture. The character has the weapon holding animation however there is nothing in his hands, the gun is invisible. I can still fire the weapon and hear the custom weapon sound (I used the SKS). 

I don't know how to check if my computer supports 3d models and if it doesn't, maybe that is what causes the problem. 

Anyhow I would really appreciate any support and I am sorry if this has already been mentioned, as mentioned before I could not find a fix :/

Hey there I have a little problem and I can't find a good answear / solution to it. I did install the mod the way the instructions told me, however most of the guns that I have used have no texture. The character has the weapon holding animation however there is nothing in his hands, the gun is invisible. I can still fire the weapon and hear the custom weapon sound (I used the SKS). 

I don't know how to check if my computer supports 3d models and if it doesn't, maybe that is what causes the problem. 

Anyhow I would really appreciate any support and I am sorry if this has already been mentioned, as mentioned before I could not find a fix :/

Okay so just to be sure, you installed the Modloader into your install directory?

There is an option in the game options menu for rendering 3d models. (I think, I never had to change it so I have never checked for sure) see if you have it checked off.

Okay so just to be sure, you installed the Modloader into your install directory?

There is an option in the game options menu for rendering 3d models. (I think, I never had to change it so I have never checked for sure) see if you have it checked off.

Hmm the Modloader? Is it a file that is already installed in the game or does it come with the rar file, or is it an extra file that I have to download?

Ima open up the game now to see if the option is turned off

I checked the 3d render option and it isn't disabled 

I just noticed one thing, ingame to the bottom right of the menu screen it says your current game version. On mine it says Early Accsess v 31.13, does this mean that I do not have version 32.7 and that's what causes the problems?

Besides that I also apperantly have to mods folders on two different disks. The first one is Local Disk(C:)Users/MyUserName/Zomboid/Mods, and the other one being Local Disk(F:)ProgramFiles(x86)Steam/SteamApps/Common/ProjectZomboid/Mods. It is on steam on the F disc that I did install PZ However when I install mods there they do not show up in the ingame mod menu for me to select. But if I install them on the C disc they do show up. Could this be what's causing issues for me? 

great news i downloaded your mod last night newest update with the no3dmodel fix and its working great for me. ive already gotten to play a few games and it has been epic!

yes the modloader is a seperate download that you have to unpack into your project zomboid directory you can find it here in the forum if not in this thread its called something like modloader for build 32.7.

great news i downloaded your mod last night newest update with the no3dmodel fix and its working great for me. ive already gotten to play a few games and it has been epic!

yes the modloader is a seperate download that you have to unpack into your project zomboid directory you can find it here in the forum if not in this thread its called something like modloader for build 32.7.

Hmm well I am searching and can't find a modloader :/ Thanks wanyways! :)

Anyhow I would really appreciate any support and I am sorry if this has already been mentioned, as mentioned before I could not find a fix :/

Hmm the Modloader? Is it a file that is already installed in the game or does it come with the rar file, or is it an extra file that I have to download?

I just noticed one thing, ingame to the bottom right of the menu screen it says your current game version. On mine it says Early Accsess v 31.13, does this mean that I do not have version 32.7 and that's what causes the problems?

Besides that I also apperantly have to mods folders on two different disks. The first one is Local Disk(C:)Users/MyUserName/Zomboid/Mods, and the other one being Local Disk(F:)ProgramFiles(x86)Steam/SteamApps/Common/ProjectZomboid/Mods. It is on steam on the F disc that I did install PZ However when I install mods there they do not show up in the ingame mod menu for me to select. But if I install them on the C disc they do show up. Could this be what's causing issues for me?

Yeah you need to join the iwbums to be able to use the mod. That is why you are having problems.

I'd like to see the Makarov IJ70 and the PM 63 RAK! That would really make me happy :)

I'll add them to the list this week! Though keep in mind the pm 63 will probably be ultra rare
It'd be nice to see more Glock variants as well. It's the most common gun in the US, they should be a lot more common in theory.

Mostly I just want a tiny Glock 30 to use as a light backup weapon.

And another thing, if you want to delve into coding hell again, magazines currently don't increase weight when filled vs empty. AK mags are light as a feather empty, but bludgeoning capable when full.

Edit, you can also currently kind of cheese carrying lots of ammo by transporting it inside of magazines instead of boxes, making hundreds of rounds virtually weightless.

Anyhow I would really appreciate any support and I am sorry if this has already been mentioned, as mentioned before I could not find a fix :/

Yeah you need to join the iwbums to be able to use the mod. That is why you are having problems.

Thanks! :) Just one more question, how do i join the iwbums with each other? I am completely new to the modding scene of PZ :P

Hello again!

I've got some problems with this mod. I got a character and a huge base in the community map New Denver, but all my Weapons are still "Shotgun" or "Pistol". So i searched for other Weapons in New Denver, but they're are also normal. Does this mean, that the mod doesnt work on community maps? Or do I need to create a new world to activate the mod?

Hello everybody,

First of all I would like to thank ORMtMan for this cool mod! I'm new using mods on PZ. I installed the mod on IWBUMS 32.8 and it works quite fine. My problem is that I got unlimited ammo with all weapons. I cant see how many ammo is in the mag (like in Vanilla) and I can't reload. Main problem of course is the unlimited ammo.. I'm using the craft helper and the hydrocraft mod aswell. Could this cause the problem,  IWBUMS 32.8, or could I've made another mistake? Thanks for your help!

Hello again!

I've got some problems with this mod. I got a character and a huge base in the community map New Denver, but all my Weapons are still "Shotgun" or "Pistol". So i searched for other Weapons in New Denver, but they're are also normal. Does this mean, that the mod doesnt work on community maps? Or do I need to create a new world to activate the mod?

Edit misread that.

Yeah, you gotta create a new world.

Hey again i am enjoying your mods its working great. I just had a quick question so i got my hands on a baretta 92fs and i fpund a modification that lists said baretta as a compatible firearm for mounting. My question is how do i mount it?

Already figured it out for anyone wondering the same thing the answer is

Spoiler

Gun + mod + screwdriver = upgrade

It'd be nice to see more Glock variants as well. It's the most common gun in the US, they should be a lot more common in theory.

Mostly I just want a tiny Glock 30 to use as a light backup weapon.

And another thing, if you want to delve into coding hell again, magazines currently don't increase weight when filled vs empty. AK mags are light as a feather empty, but bludgeoning capable when full.

Edit, you can also currently kind of cheese carrying lots of ammo by transporting it inside of magazines instead of boxes, making hundreds of rounds virtually weightless.

Will add to the list!

Hello everybody,

First of all I would like to thank ORMtMan for this cool mod! I'm new using mods on PZ. I installed the mod on IWBUMS 32.8 and it works quite fine. My problem is that I got unlimited ammo with all weapons. I cant see how many ammo is in the mag (like in Vanilla) and I can't reload. Main problem of course is the unlimited ammo.. I'm using the craft helper and the hydrocraft mod aswell. Could this cause the problem,  IWBUMS 32.8, or could I've made another mistake? Thanks for your help!

Hey glad you like it!

I have yet to try it on 32.8, but I don't think that should be a problem. It seems like your getting an issue with the reloadutil luas I made, is your consol throwing any stack trace errors?

(if you don't know the console window is that black dos like screen that pops up with the game.) Also, you might want to try reinstalling the entire mod including installing the most recent version of the modloader

Hello again!

Edit misread that.

Yeah, you gotta create a new world.

Or if you just look in cells you have not been in before the distributions will work there. It just will not fill in in already explored cells.

Great mod keep it up :) I would like to see some old ww2 weapons if possible. There might have been some gun collectors out there :) weapons like mauser rifle k98 or sturmgewehr stg44 or mp40, luger pistol. Would be cool :) I think mg 42 would overshoot or not :D

The Stg44, MP40 and  the C96 are all on the list already :-D . I might add the MG42 wince I already have planned to use the 8mm mauser round.

Sorry everyone for the delay in responses, just moved cities so I just got internet back.

Hey Sir OTR !

It's been a long time yeah sorry, i was very busy due to very serious school exams.

So far, im back on PZ (Build 32.7 finaly, can't return any more in Build 31) and also back of your mod  :razz: .

I still love your weapons yeah, impressive progress you made for 3D models ! I love them and some new weapons that you added  (fedora)

But...I spotted two bug in the version 1.235 at Build 32.7, i don't know if you corrected them already, so i say to you anyway.

1)The Lee Enfield got unlimited ammo (for 308. Winchester i think) : find one in a zombie corpse, and couple rounds of 308. Winchester so at this way, i change the rifle ammo for 308. Winchester (instead of his default ammo) I don't know if because i used the 308. Winchester instead of his default ammo that could make for this gun unlimited ammo.

2) I noticed when i change a weapon ammo (example for the Lee Enfield), i can't insert the magazine into the rifle, first i change the ammo guns for 308. and after the magazine, start to load the magazine with the couple round that i found and next i want insert him, didn't work ( i repeat that i click "Use for 308. Winchester" for the rifle and the magazine) (In previous version i already noticed that, but when the next version was released i was thinking that you corrected them).

Cheers !