ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

!!!!!Please Help!!!!!

I can not figure out why the mod will not show the gun I have equipped. 

I have the mod installed and activated, they show in-game when I find them.

But when I equip them, it does not show my character holding them, I can shoot etc,

but I cannot see them, and it is bugging me. xD 

Please help me with this problem, am I doing something wrong?

Did you install the ModLoader?

Very good point! Well, would it be easier for me to add items in large chunks or sporadically in several releases? I am not sure which would be less annoying to keep up...

Stay cool out there! I am having the same problem here as well... Though I did work on some coding for distributions of weapons with condition damage and loaded ammo... I still need to see if it works, but I have the structure down for now.

Honestly it's best kept up to date with new stuff as soon as new stuff is added, otherwise it's helluva lot of copy+pasting of ItemID between two files, ItemID goes to 3 places + Category name + Item Displayed Name (Which I admit I'll half-ass because I need to stay sane) Icons for mod items don't work unfortunately but it only saves me the trouble of having to bother with that. I'll have it done soon, all weapon items and their mags\clips are in, just need to do ammo and mods and see if it even works.

And for ammo I'll only add Box items.

Edit: Aaaand I can't add any ammo because it's itemID starts with a number. I'll see if I can do something about it when it cools down because I can't think right now.

Still This has all the weapons :S Place it in ORGM/media/lua/client

I have faith in you! I can't think of a reason why numbers would cause a problem off the top of my head... If you want I could take a look at your main code and see if I can come up with anything...

Great mod.I have a question how install Mod on the server?

I know this post probably doesn´t help you a lot, but...

A friend of mine, yesterday managed to get this mod working on her private server.

Since I´m more of the client in MP than the host, I can´t go too much into detail on what she did for getting it up and running, but basically she started a clean server, so we all had to start over with the safe house, but we were able to keep our former chars.

Everyone had to make sure to be running the same version of ORGM (1.237 i think it was yesterday) and of course you need "jab´s" model loader but thats explained in the opening post.

Anyway we where able to find guns and ammo like in SP

hope this gives you at least the feeling of "if they did it, we can do too" so that you eventually get to the point where you can play in muliplayer with this mod.

greetz

Very good point! Well, would it be easier for me to add items in large chunks or sporadically in several releases? I am not sure which would be less annoying to keep up...

Stay cool out there! I am having the same problem here as well... Though I did work on some coding for distributions of weapons with condition damage and loaded ammo... I still need to see if it works, but I have the structure down for now.

Honestly it's best kept up to date with new stuff as soon as new stuff is added, otherwise it's helluva lot of copy+pasting of ItemID between two files, ItemID goes to 3 places + Category name + Item Displayed Name (Which I admit I'll half-ass because I need to stay sane) Icons for mod items don't work unfortunately but it only saves me the trouble of having to bother with that. I'll have it done soon, all weapon items and their mags\clips are in, just need to do ammo and mods and see if it even works.

Edit: Aaaand I can't add any ammo because it's itemID starts with a number. I'll see if I can do something about it when it cools down because I can't think right now.

I know for a fact that the ammo and mags work with NecroForge as-is, I've added them to my own plugin.

To fix the issue you have to use "NecroList.Items.Ammo_762x51Box" or similar for "ORGM.762x51Box". Note the "Ammo_", can be anything though. The table index doesnt have to match the item object name.

I know for a fact that the ammo and mags work with NecroForge as-is, I've added them to my own plugin.

To fix the issue you have to use "NecroList.Items.Ammo_762x51Box" or similar for "ORGM.762x51Box". Note the "Ammo_", can be anything though. The table index doesnt have to match the item object name.

Always having the answers! :mrgreen:

Hah, you beat me to it, I eventually figured that one out too because it finally cooled the fck down around here and my brain started to work. Here's a plug-in with everything in it, ammo, mods, weapons.

Again, just place the file inside the .zip archive in ORGM/media/lua/client and it will work.

ORGMWeaponsNecroForge.zip

Hah, you beat me to it, I eventually figured that one out too because it finally cooled the fck down around here and my brain started to work. Here's a plug-in with everything in it, ammo, mods, weapons.

Again, just place the file inside the .zip archive in ORGM/media/lua/client and it will work.

Putting a link to this on the front page so it doesn't get lost

Hey there. Loving the mod. Oops. Just double checked the list, and saw the Mateba Model 6 Unica already on it, missed it the first time. 

Is the .45-70 round a possibility? Guns to fire it as the Winchester Model 1886 and Springfield Model 1873 as rare collectors pieces (or maybe a collection of Springfield rifles if there's any places that could be said to have a historical collection), and the Magnum Research BFR.

I have a problem with the BB ammo. I found a box of it and it got normal weight. When I unbox them, every single BB bullet has got a weight of 1.0 (don't know which scale unit the game uses). So if I got 100 BB's I have a total weight of 100. I don't know if this problem was mentioned before.

Hey there. Loving the mod. Oops. Just double checked the list, and saw the Mateba Model 6 Unica already on it, missed it the first time. 

Is the .45-70 round a possibility? Guns to fire it as the Winchester Model 1886 and Springfield Model 1873 as rare collectors pieces (or maybe a collection of Springfield rifles if there's any places that could be said to have a historical collection), and the Magnum Research BFR.

Hah, Fallout fan? Not too many people know about the .45-70 round except for players of that game and hardcore collectors

I'll add it to the list, but the round is antique and so are the guns (BFR aside), so, they will be really rare.

I have a problem with the BB ammo. I found a box of it and it got normal weight. When I unbox them, every single BB bullet has got a weight of 1.0 (don't know which scale unit the game uses). So if I got 100 BB's I have a total weight of 100. I don't know if this problem was mentioned before.

Nice I will see if I can patch that one up really quick (if it is an issue)  before I release (either tonight or tomorrow) another stable release.

I am still testing my new function... but I might be able to release it soon!

Hah, Fallout fan? Not too many people know about the .45-70 round except for players of that game and hardcore collectors

I'll add it to the list, but the round is antique and so are the guns (BFR aside), so, they will be really rare.

Nice I will see if I can patch that one up really quick (if it is an issue)  before I release (either tonight or tomorrow) another stable release.

I'm also running Hydrocraft and noticed, it got BB's aswell. So if you can't find an issue, maybe its from that mod?

I'm also running Hydrocraft and noticed, it got BB's aswell. So if you can't find an issue, maybe its from that mod?

Good find... it seems that hydrocraft is drifting into my territory...Well, it looks like the issue is on the hydrocraft end...

I guess there will be conflicts with hydrocraft from now on because he named his BBS the same in his code... If someone wants to petition Hydromancer to do something about it...

Alright! Yet another stable release!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pa94unuw4q47jyv/ORGM+1.238.zip

Much thanks to Eddy-Baby for finding numerous bugs which are addressed in this update. Except for one, There is an issue with sawn off shotguns losing their attachments during the sawing process... I will work on fixing that ASAP.

EDIT:

Good news, I got my new distributions code to work under testing! however, now it is time to get some sleep. Tomorrow I will set out to translate it to the entire distributions code and release my test branch!

Finally new functions in a new version!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/30wdaan4gsjsdsk/ORGM+1.24.zip

This new version adds in distributions of weapons that are damaged, and/or have loaded ammo in them when you find them.

I will maintain the stable release until this one is determined to be stable on the front page.

As always, enjoy and let me know if you find any issues!

Edit:

Does any of my awesome "followers" (I don't like the term but I lack a better one) want to make a front page graphic for me?

This new version adds in distributions of weapons that are damaged, and/or have loaded ammo in them when you find them.

I will maintain the stable release until this one is determined to be stable on the front page.

Edit:

Does any of my awesome "followers" (I don't like the term but I lack a better one) want to make a front page graphic for me?

I can probably manage one, just send me some deets.

Edit:

I can probably manage one, just send me some deets.

Eh, I am not particularly creative so I will rely on your expert opinion!

I was thinking just a title graphic with the name of the mod to give my page some flair.

I might make a gun graphic with all the sprites eventually.

You are awesome btw!

Hey. Thanks for the reply. Actually, though I am a Fallout fan, didn't learn of it from there. I'm a history nerd, and when looking into breech-loading rifles, and that era in general, came across the Springfield Model 1873, and thus the .45-70... If this was more of a mod trying to put in any and all guns, I'd have asked for the Martini-Henry and the .577/450 round, but can't really see that fitting in... 

Actually, what I said before about a place with a collection of older guns... Trying to teach myself mapping. If I can do so successfully, then I may build a museum out of the way somewhere. Learn how to put in several of the older guns, and some rounds for them, as if the place allowed the older guns to be fired in displays or experience days etc... Old, slow firing, slow reload guns, hidden out of the way, shouldn't be too game breaking if I can make it right... Like the gun stores and police stations.

Hey. Thanks for the reply. Actually, though I am a Fallout fan, didn't learn of it from there. I'm a history nerd, and when looking into breech-loading rifles, and that era in general, came across the Springfield Model 1873, and thus the .45-70... If this was more of a mod trying to put in any and all guns, I'd have asked for the Martini-Henry and the .577/450 round, but can't really see that fitting in... 

Actually, what I said before about a place with a collection of older guns... Trying to teach myself mapping. If I can do so successfully, then I may build a museum out of the way somewhere. Learn how to put in several of the older guns, and some rounds for them, as if the place allowed the older guns to be fired in displays or experience days etc... Old, slow firing, slow reload guns, hidden out of the way, shouldn't be too game breaking if I can make it right... Like the gun stores and police stations.

Well, I must say I am proud that it game from genuine interest! I forgot to add them to the list, but they are on there now.

Wow, the Martini-Henry, that certainly is a history piece... I did look it up, they still make the round for it, though it is rare and exorbitant... ($150 for 20 rounds)

If you could find another gun that uses the round (aside from the Martini-Henry Rifle. I might consider adding it to the super rare list. I just don't like adding single gun to ammo entries...I require a minimum of two guns per new ammunition type.

The item distributions for mapping are handled on the lua side based on the room definitions you make. If you make a custom room definition (like "museum") I would add a distributions to use that room definition for anyone that downloaded your museum.

If you have more suggestions, keep them coming!

Well, I must say I am proud that it game from genuine interest! I forgot to add them to the list, but they are on there now.

Wow, the Martini-Henry, that certainly is a history piece... I did look it up, they still make the round for it, though it is rare and exorbitant... ($150 for 20 rounds)

If you could find another gun that uses the round (aside from the Martini-Henry Rifle. I might consider adding it to the super rare list. I just don't like adding single gun to ammo entries...I require a minimum of two guns per new ammunition type.

The item distributions for mapping are handled on the lua side based on the room definitions you make. If you make a custom room definition (like "museum") I would add a distributions to use that room definition for anyone that downloaded your museum.

Thank you. Military history, and the weapons used from the spears of hoplites to the latest firearms is something I've read into a fair amount. I'm British, so have no experience firing live guns, though being into historical combat reenactment, even though my group is Dark Ages, in the community and at events and shows I've handled all kinds of deactivated and blank firing weapons, and as an Airsofter, at least get to see plenty of fully realistic modern imitations, which I believe in parts of or all the US have to have at least a bright coloured part to distinguish them.

Wasn't expecting the Martini-Henry to actually get added. I believe the round is unique to the gun, with the only variants being short carbines. Going to be very rare anyway.

As for suggestions... I think the list is good as is... But perhaps change the Lee-Enfield to use the correct .303 British round. There are other weapons to use it, including the Bren LMG, and Canada's Ross rifle.

It'll be some time before any map came from me, but thank you. As black powder weapons are already on the list, they'd fit well, alongside any other pre-1900 weapons.

Thank you. Military history, and the weapons used from the spears of hoplites to the latest firearms is something I've read into a fair amount. I'm British, so have no experience firing live guns, though being into historical combat reenactment, even though my group is Dark Ages, in the community and at events and shows I've handled all kinds of deactivated and blank firing weapons, and as an Airsofter, at least get to see plenty of fully realistic modern imitations, which I believe in parts of or all the US have to have at least a bright coloured part to distinguish them.

Wasn't expecting the Martini-Henry to actually get added. I believe the round is unique to the gun, with the only variants being short carbines. Going to be very rare anyway.

As for suggestions... I think the list is good as is... But perhaps change the Lee-Enfield to use the correct .303 British round. There are other weapons to use it, including the Bren LMG, and Canada's Ross rifle.

It'll be some time before any map came from me, but thank you. As black powder weapons are already on the list, they'd fit well, alongside any other pre-1900 weapons.

That sounds like a lot of fun doing historical reenactments. I wouldn't say I have much exposure to firearms either (not even airsoft), though I have done my share of skeet shooting, Most of my knowledge is academic as well.

Eh, I'll probably skip it then. You can feel free to add whatever patches you like though.

Alright, then I will include the .303 guns to the list in a bit!

That sounds like a lot of fun doing historical reenactments. I wouldn't say I have much exposure to firearms either (not even airsoft), though I have done my share of skeet shooting, Most of my knowledge is academic as well.

Eh, I'll probably skip it then. You can feel free to add whatever patches you like though.

Alright, then I will include the .303 guns to the list in a bit!

There is something very satisfying about clashing steel. I enjoy it a lot. 

As for the Lee-Enfield, there were 7.62mm variants of it, the only one made in any real numbers being the L42A1 sniper rifle.

You already have either finished or planned a variety of US WW2 weapons, plus the Lee-Enfield and potentially some other .303 British guns as well... If many other weapons from the era made it in, and if I'm successful in my initial museum idea, perhaps a second one, with examples of these in would be viable... Though would have to give it more security or challenge to offset the better gains.

Did you add Silencer´s?

Cause i create a couple(rifle and pistol), but i dont want release a mod with that, i think ll suite here =p

Anyway

The mod is great but...

Dude, the models even with Mod Loader need to have the location of it

So...is not going to do anything like that