wait, is horde migration back in the game?

Sammy The Salmon

I hadn't done much construction around my base for a while (about half a month in game) or fired a gun so I have been very quiet.  But with no gun shot or helicopter fly over to trigger the zombies I woke up with a horde just outside my base...... I haven't heard that horde migration is back in the game so could someone tell me why this may have happened? (By the way I have survived for a month and a half so far and it has not happened before).

I hadn't done much construction around my base for a while (about half a month in game) or fired a gun so I have been very quiet.  But with no gun shot or helicopter fly over to trigger the zombies I woke up with a horde just outside my base...... I haven't heard that horde migration is back in the game so could someone tell me why this may have happened? (By the way I have survived for a month and a half so far and it has not happened before).

Shhh! Are you sure you've been vewy vewy quiet? 

Is it challenging now?

I wouldnt play it again, if i dont have a real challenge through migration and the chance for a horde is 1 to 100.

The last builds were pretty boring in the end. No real migration means no thrill.

You set up defences that are never needed.

It is spawning, but it's designed that as you move away from a block, zombies will spawn there when you are away to simulate migration. I think this is so the further you go to scavenge, the area around your base gets repopulated/restocked to simulate new survivors etc. I have noticed hordes moving around at a much higher rate since build 28, which is a good thing, as a previously cleared route may now be a deathtrap.

Is it challenging now?

I wouldnt play it again, if i dont have a real challenge through migration and the chance for a horde is 1 to 100.

The last builds were pretty boring in the end. No real migration means no thrill.

You set up defences that are never needed.

I need to know this too, i stopped playing because i always made barricades and stuff like that but i never once got attacked by zombies, most of the times my death were because i was bored and decided to go looking for zombies.

Archived