Control your character after zombification

MrZombifiedGamer

Playing your character after zombification?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to play as your zombie?

2. 2. Do you want to see the Zombie Cam return?

• Yes
    • No
    • I want something similar, but not that

I know this has been suggested many times before, however, I never found a conclusion to the discussion. I would like to be able to control my character after zombification if at all possibe I know it supposed to be the end of the game and technically it is I mean you want get anything for doing it other than enjoyment. The amount of time you were alive won't change and neither will anything else but it adds an extra gameplay element and if not a de facto thing then maybe in sandbox?

I don't think it's a planned feature but tell me your thoughts and whether you agree or disagree, please though if you do vote in the poll leave reasoning for why you voted that particular way.

I'm voting yes because I think it's a fun and enjoyable feature that doesn't seem too difficult to implement but would add a lot of extra enjoyment. :)

I wouldn't want to play as a zombie, unless it's a multiplayer game of last-man-standing. Though I would approve of a zombie cam that lets you follow watch what your dead body does after it is newly risen. Especially if you were secretly infected and living with a group of fellow survivors. See what kind of damage your body does after it turns. Who put me down? How many people did I eat before that point? These are questions that need answers, people.

I wouldn't want to play as a zombie, unless it's a multiplayer game of last-man-standing. Though I would approve of a zombie cam that lets you follow watch what your dead body does after it is newly risen. Especially if you were secretly infected and living with a group of fellow survivors. See what kind of damage your body does after it turns. Who put me down? How many people did I eat before that point? These are questions that need answers, people.

I would add the zombie cam thing but it's already being added I think and that's why I specifically mentioned controlling the zombie. Why am I the only one who voted yes? You people disappoint me as a zombie and a huma... err... Umm as a zombie and as a pile of rotting flesh...

I don't see why you would oppose this at all - It's literally more gameplay features. It's like turning away a free shake when you've bought a big mac (or your favourite alternative).

It's more like turning away free bacon while eating a cake.

One doesn't necessarily fit into the theme of the other.

As a sandbox option, okay.

It wouldn't fit the lore, I guess (intelligent zombie and all) and I would imagine it to be pretty boring since you'd be limited in strength and agility unless you play with different sandbox settings.

Well I, for one, would love to have the camera follow my AI controlled zombie around after I die so I can sit and think about my game for a while.

Plus, it could be like having an ant farm after that. Wouldn't take much more programming or anything to just have the camera follow a new target after death would it? 

You could then have scenarios where you watch yourself die in a safehouse with your party/companion and you could watch the aftermath. Do they kill you? Do you bite someone? What happens?

EDIT:

We've always had a zombie-cam, atleast in the early alpha versions...

Is that what I'm talking about? I didn't see this feature.

Well I, for one, would love to have the camera follow my AI controlled zombie around after I die so I can sit and think about my game for a while.

Plus, it could be like having an ant farm after that. Wouldn't take much more programming or anything to just have the camera follow a new target after death would it?

You could then have scenarios where you watch yourself die in a safehouse with your party/companion and you could watch the aftermath. Do they kill you? Do you bite someone? What happens?

EDIT:

Is that what I'm talking about? I didn't see this feature.

This is EXACTLY what we had, I watched how my zombified character kept shambling around the apartement I had locked him in for about 15 minutes.

ZombieCam = ok, (but currently boring without npcs or/and multiplayer)
ZombieControl = not ok; wouldn't be cool for other survivors... and for yourself as you can't do anything cool as a zombie apart from being shot or beaten up...

My only opposition is the game would have to be sort of rebuilt around it, otherwise it'll just be a shallow experience of repeatedly getting your ass kicked.

My only opposition is the game would have to be sort of rebuilt around it, otherwise it'll just be a shallow experience of repeatedly getting your ass kicked.

Well I never really thought about that but then again that's kind of what I was saying should be in the game. lol

Edit: Wait I'm hearing a lot of talk about it being 'boring' because you'll get your butt kicked but others say that it'd be a human so you're smarter and it'd be 'unfair'.

Wouldn't those two kind of balance it out a bit? You're smarter because you're a human but you're weak because you're a zombie? Either way I totally agree with everyone else that zombie cam should come back whether it was a glitch or legit, I liked it.

Edited by MrZombifiedGamer

You're smarter, being a human, but you're limited to the form of a zombie. You toil about the place at slow speed, turning slowly, futilely attacking doors and windows, never in an opportune location to catch an NPC, because they can just run past you or beat you to death.

It'd be so rare a situation in-game to warrant playing a zombie that it serves no purpose to add that functionality, unless they were to significantly re-balance the game and rewrite meta-events to compensate for it.

And I quite liked the zombie cam -- it was just heart breaking to see your zombie so hungry but unable to be fed. :sad:

Yeah I guess you're right, if nothing else at least this thread brought attention to how many people loved the zombie cam and want it back. Maybe someone should make a suggestion about that? I'm not going to but mainly because I don't want to spam the suggestions forum, however, I'll gladly vote for anyone who wishes to make one for that particular subject.

I modified the poll so people can post their opinions about both. I, too, miss the days of zombie cam. Especially when NPC's and online multiplayer arrive, it could be a lot of fun watching the havoc you could potentially cause.

As others said above, for the most part it takes a group of zombies to be a real threat. If you're a threat as an individual (except in a very few circumstances) then you aren't playing the zombie right (or it's unbalanced), and that's a problem. Otherwise, you'll need a horde and that takes away from the fun as people don't like relying on the computer to do all the work.

• 7 years later...

What's the point of being a zombie in the game? I mean your technically invincible but what's there to play? I think this will only be good if your in multiplayer and want to kill your friends, but other than that I don't think there's a point in adding this in singleplayer.