RELEASED: Build 27

RobertJohnson

I can't join any servers, double clicking the name in the server list does nothing, and the "quick join" option is greyed out.... am I missing something here?

Make sure you enter a Username! If you enter a password, some servers will 'reserve' your username for you with that password, going forward.

Hey kirrus i try connecting to my character on my private server and it tells me to create a new character can you help me ;-; I look at the files and see it in 127.0.0.1 how would i find out my password to that can you pm me on how D:

the 'world.db' contains the usernames/passwords. You can open it with an sqlite editor, there are plenty of free ones.

Thanks bro i love you! But its a bit funky to use D: I could really use help.

not sure if this has been said I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere. I have been seeing the containers at max capacity at 8 and then switch to 50. I am not sure what exactly makes this happen but I am in the big warehouse with all the crates and i tried using one as storage and it only would let me put in 8 weight and a bunch of the other crates were at 8 until I found one that was 50 and then ALL the crates in the area became 50 weight. here are some screens to show what I am talking about.

https://imgur.com/a/KQloW

not sure if this has been said I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere. I have been seeing the containers at max capacity at 8 and then switch to 50. I am not sure what exactly makes this happen but I am in the big warehouse with all the crates and i tried using one as storage and it only would let me put in 8 weight and a bunch of the other crates were at 8 until I found one that was 50 and then ALL the crates in the area became 50 weight. here are some screens to show what I am talking about.

Already reported & fixed ;)

is there a hotfix somewhere

Already reported & fixed ;)

awesome! is there a hotfix?

NEW MAP WARNING : Your build 26 saves will be compatible with this new build 27, unfortunatly to see the mall and the new awesome cells, you'll need to do a new game, sorry for the inconvenience !

LIES!!!!!!

Oh, trust me. Some people have had negative effects due to this. Namely zombies spawning in their thought-safe homes.

just some bullshit!!!

fucking update killed all mods!!! nothing works just needed a whole week to update them!!! i set no update on steam for this game but the shit updatetd still!!!! FUUUUUCK!!! how can i go back to build 26???????????????????

have to disagree. i run the yet another weapons mod, the drip irrigation mod, and the necro forge mod that i updated via a technique posted in one of your threads.

all work just as they are supposed to on steam build 27#1

have to disagree. i run the yet another weapons mod, the drip irrigation mod, and the necro forge mod that i updated via a technique posted in one of your threads.

how did you updated it??

how did you updated it??

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/8759-too-many-items-mod-for-build-26/

follow the advice in the last post. of course, be sure that when you activate the mod in game that you then restart the game. or else it wont work.

how did you updated it??

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/8759-too-many-items-mod-for-build-26/

follow the advice in the last post. of course, be sure that when you activate the mod in game that you then restart the game. or else it wont work.

yep got it! thanks!!

I can't join any servers, double clicking the name in the server list does nothing, and the "quick join" option is greyed out.... am I missing something here?

Make sure you enter a Username! If you enter a password, some servers will 'reserve' your username for you with that password, going forward.

Yep, that was the problem. Thanks!

Also found a few immediately apparent problems that were not present on single player

-I joined a couple different servers and they were both very laggy, other players would skip/teleport around a lot while running, which made following someone near impossible. This also made combat with even one zombie a very risky propositon; couldn't be sure that the zombie I'm swinging at was there anymore, or had teleported right behind me.

-Lots of zombies running + walking in place.

-I also ran into big black squares in the terrain sometimes, and had to wait a few seconds for them to load before moving on... or risk running into a horde of invisible zombies

Mall report:

Performance:

With my Pc(Specs below), i get the "Player disapear and isnt controllable"-bug, and it stutters alot. Unplayable.

(I know my hardware is old. I bought this PC to be able to play ArmA 1. I cant believe i will buy my next one , to play a game that looks like Fallout 1+2. I would find this funny, but im german)

Zombies:

1. The amount is ok. Only thing is, i played with normal zombieamount. On high and insane there might be too much, to feel realistic. Well insane should just be insane.

2. At first I didnt like the distribution. It seemed there where more Z in the maintenance area. Most people are visitors who move around the stores.

But than i thought, in a panic situation those people will either try to flee outside, or hide.

So im ok with all those Z in the maintenance area. But i would like to see more Z outside.

What do you think about the Z-amount at the mall?

Entrance:

3. I think i entered the mall through the main entrance. If that was it, it is not glamourous enough. It should have a really nice entrance.

I'm sorry if this has been reported, but since it's fresh on my mind, I figured I would mention it:

First:  Changing the settings for my server (Zombie amount, etc.) had the effect of keeping other players out of my server because of different lua files.  I'm not sure if this would have been fixed if I would have sent the lua file with the server settings to each player, but I know that when I reset it to default and left it, everyone was able to join.

Second: After using admin commands to spawn zombies on the north side of the Mall, I was able to climb to the roof of the mall and just sneak.  This made my skill points skyrocket because they couldn't see me, and I was sneaking in the vicinity of them.

Third: I've also had item duplication, I know that I did see that mentioned when I skimmed the last few pages.  It duplicated empty bottles when I poured the mayonnaise out to use for water.

:) <3

UPDATE: I joined an east coast server (which is where I live) and although it was playable, there was still noticable lag and it definitely affected the gameplay. However, the most popular server 'Project Zomboid's Finest PvE Vanilla Server' was so laggy as to be unplayable; it was on this server that I noticed all the problems I listed above. I tried to join this server again today, and it got stuck on 'connecting' ,had to alt-tab out to exit the game.

Well, going by IPs, the Finest server is located in Quebec, while you're . . . a decent distance away.  That might explain part of it.

True, but even the east coast server I joined had pretty noticable lag.... kind of odd since there were only 5 other people on it. I'm sure it's not my connection; I've played many multiplayer games before and never had a problem with lag. I'm gonna stick with single player until this lag issue is resolved.