RELEASED: Build 27

RobertJohnson

Shoulda have called this character Frank West

Because we ded rising now

2vj30wo.jpg

When i die i will try to post how to get there.

Meanwhile i will explore it to see if i find anything good insde.

Also some bugged walls in the ice cream shop.

PC is dying send help

Edit:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD IF YOU FIND THE MALL DONT USE THE STAIRS

ITS A DEATH TRAP HOLY CRAP

I notice something odd, my framerate went to the ground when i enter the mall, the zombies were waiting in each store, so i could have just sneaked by and they wouldnt have aggro on me, it felt wierd to see them like that. And that the mall is really freaking dark atleast for me, why is that?

And also the 2 stairs next to each other were bugged and i fell in both of them.

Here are some of the pictures from the insde: 

Bugged Stairs

2q03gvs.jpg

Front of the mall and lighting issues and same clothing store

2hhm6pf.jpg

And not feeling safe anymore

sw71vq.jpg

Edit #2:

Welp

Cant play anymore, the graphics fan is not spinning anymore, RIP graphics card.

I dont know how to give the directions to the mall, just follow the road of the racing tracks(outside the gates), it will eventually split one to the right and left, take the one to the right where the clock is, keep going and it will split again with a road with a single white line, follow it and go down that road, ahead you will see a big road to the right, take that road and you will eventually end up in a parking lot, follow the parking lot until you see a sidewalk, and then follow the sidewalk down, you will find the mall eventually.

Next hotfix :

[bUGFIX]

• No longer instant plaster/paint.
  • Plastering a wall will now use the plaster bucket, and fill it at a water source won't fill the plaster again.
  • To plaster you know need to have a wall at least lvl 4 and be at least lvl 2 in woodwork.
  • Can now craft the Sticks Trap.
  • Microwave act as stove again.
  • Fixed a weird world filler shelving (the white shelve in kitchen).
  • Added timed actions for every trap actions (no more abuse).
  • Minor fixes on trapping.
  • It's not possible anymore to break the window of the gun store without a sledgehammer.
  • Can't climb through broken window on gunstore if the fence is still here.
  • No more kitchen knives spawn in gun store.

[NEW STUFF]

• New world filler for Gun store and Trash can.

[TRANSLATIONS]

• Updated translations : Polish, Czech, Spanish, European Portuguese, Russian, Italian.
  • Added Spanish-Argentina translation.

Soo, unlocked again, I'll give it a try..

Don't report bugs there, I may not see them, use the bug tracker instead.

Don't ask personnal stuff there, use the suggestion forum if you have suggestion, or PM me if you have a personnal question.

Just talk about the release/new content, not really a hard rule to follow, aye ?

If someone break this rule, I'll prob just delete his post, without warning/explanation given, so be prepared ;)

Edit : Oh yeah, as usual, no ETA on the hotfix.. Post will be deleted and possible warning point :)

hi im not sure where to post this iv noticed with the new build 27 i can not set up server options such as loot amount and zombie difficulty and zombie population as it changes the lua files and stops player form being able to connect to server. is there a why around this or will it be updated soon to be made compatible with the new security setting 

Mmh, you sure about the server settings ?

I had 2 zomboids folder, one for my server, one for my client, i changed the server settings (put it in users/YOU/Zomboid/Server), started the server, then the client and I was able to connect to it..

Even if I deleted the SandboxVars.lua.

Can you try to reproduce it with a fresh install of PZ ? I'm really concerned about this problem and want to fix all the checksum problem asap, so thanks for the help ;)

In the meantime if you really need to disable it, go in "users/YOU/Zomboid/Server", open servertest.ini and change the line :

DoLuaChecksum=true

by

DoLuaChecksum=false

Mmh, you sure about the server settings ?

I had 2 zomboids folder, one for my server, one for my client, i changed the server settings (put it in users/YOU/Zomboid/Server), started the server, then the client and I was able to connect to it..

Even if I deleted the SandboxVars.lua.

Can you try to reproduce it with a fresh install of PZ ? I'm really concerned about this problem and want to fix all the checksum problem asap, so thanks for the help ;)

In the meantime if you really need to disable it, go in "users/YOU/Zomboid/Server", open servertest.ini and change the line :

DoLuaChecksum=true

by

DoLuaChecksum=false

sorry im a bit confused, to change my PZserver setting i have been configuring this to the file located in project zomboid/media/lua/shared/sandbox and then saving the server zombie setting and loot. and i am able to connect with admin to the server from a client pc but not any playing character as i get message that lua files do not mach and other players failing to connect for same reason. is there a another way of configuring these settings to work? or will i have to disable DoLuaChecksum but then i run risk of getting mod hacked again?

SandboxVars.lua. do i put this in this folder?  (put it in users/YOU/Zomboid/Server),

Directions for mall area:

From west point to the upper right bridge, follow the road until first "sand" street to the right (you'll come across the drag racing, next T cross go upwards until next possibility to go right (the street with ongoing line) after a while you'll see a walkway on the upper side of street - go up there and you're there. It's really big but the mall is on the lower right of that place.

Btt.

Since you already made new world fillers are there item based world fillers planed or on todo list? (Cupboard filled with hardware store stuff showing up as food is kinda weird but nonetheless awesome looking)

Aye, you have the wrong version, we'll update this for the next hotfix.

Take it here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmy8h3xc61s04bt/PZServerSettings.zip

It'll save it in users/YOU/Zomboid/Server and everything will be ok ;)

Sorry 'bout the trouble, tell me if it works !

thank you very much i will try this and let you know :D

no luck get the same error message with Lua files not matching when a player joins dose not afect admin for some reason iv had to disable DoLuaChecksum for now until you can fix the problem in an update. 

Does this mean we don't have to bury them somewhere in the media/lua/... sandbox/shared folder anymore? (On Debian servers)

Does this mean we don't have to bury them somewhere in the media/lua/... sandbox/shared folder anymore? (On Debian servers)

Yep

Guys, it'll be awesome (and funky) if I could have some feedback, don't forgot that's it's a IWBUMS build and we NEED you to be sure it's cool before public, that's how EA works ;)

If anyone can tell me their thoughts about public server listing, is it easy to use, etc. And also about the launcher, specially on linux/mac (is it fast and does it launch the game correctly..)

Cheers !

Edit : Also hotfix #1 released, will release quick more stuff right now ! If owner can update their server to avoid any bugs, that'll be lovely ! :)

Guys, it'll be awesome (and funky) if I could have some feedback, don't forgot that's it's a IWBUMS build and we NEED you to be sure it's cool before public, that's how EA works ;)

If anyone can tell me their thoughts about public server listing, is it easy to use, etc. And also about the launcher, specially on linux/mac (is it fast and does it launch the game correctly..)

Cheers !

Edit : Also hotfix #1 released, will release quick more stuff right now ! If owner can update their server to avoid any bugs, that'll be lovely ! :)

Well it's easy to use, But for some reason when I tried to join, my game closes out of nowhere.

The public server list displays the build number in such a position that it is cut off by the scroll bar on my resolution (1360x768).

Would be nice if the servers you saved in your list that are also public, also show the number of players and other info as it is doing in the public list.

Edit: Fixed spelling error.

Edited by Viceroy

It's awesome that we can move bodies now, because when clearing out safe houses we don't want dead bodies all over our house. Now for blood cleaning.

I haven't tried trapping yet.

World Filler looks AMAZING! Really adds to the atmosphere!