what is the exact back story?

darthdraken

Reading on the forums i come across people saying the outbreak is just in the region not the whole country.. So i was wondering what is the back story of the game.

Is it you wake up and the zombie thing started through the night like dawn of the dead. Or you step in several weeks later from a coma like in walking dead and 28 days later..

Is it just in the local region or is it world wide like zombieland..?????

?????

Can anybody answer please???

I guess you'll just have to use your imagination, my boy.

In my head, it's worldwide after some person got some unknown fever. He was taken to a hospital after he coughed blood on his CEO. Yada-yada-yada, he infects everyone in the hospital cliche, the sickness is found in other countries, it spreads. The End.

The story will be told when the story is in the game.

The timeline of the old storymode started a few weeks after the initial outbreak. Muldraugh was quarantined and the military/government acts like everything is normal.

The following is the old radio broadcast that you could hear when you were near the radio:

Taken from http://pzwiki.net/wiki/%27Til_Death_Us_Do_Part

Broadcaster: "Day six of the Knox County event and the army has warned camps..."

Broadcaster: "...of concered relatives of Muldraugh citizens..."

Broadcaster: "that if they do not return home they will be forcibly dispersed."

Broadcaster: "The President has released a statement asking for calm and patience"

Broadcaster: "but key Republicans have been quick to attack what they're calling a 'do nothing' agenda."

Broadcaster: "With the communication blackout and no fly zone firmly in place..."

Broadcaster: "... there's still no clue as to the nature of the outbreak."

Broadcaster: "Pictures released by US forces, however, show crowded streets..."

Broadcaster: "...suggesting that despite it all, the townsfolk of Muldraugh are living as normal" (obviously propaganda)

Region. Military coverup Quarintine look at the baldspot how Kate appoligies if she dident trip you ( baldspot ) would have made it out of the area before the Quarintine was set. SO Military coverup but that doesnt mean the map will get bigger I mean 1 zombie escapes Bigger quarintine or they lost it....... Power goes out and water with it......... All I know from investigating..

While this thread is still fresh, I want to add :

(If Bob decides to kill Kate with a pillow at any point of time)

Kate: "What are you doing? Oh God no."

Kate: "I'm sorry I slowed you down."

Kate: "I love you."

Kate: "****mmmfff*****"

(Music changes to a even sadder tune when in safe house with Kate's corpse)

DAMN! I'm normally a player who tries everything at least once. But I couldn't do that. I'd rather get eaten by zombies while outside the house, trying to save her then that o______O

That was all before the fancy new interaction system. It used to just be by clicking, so some people would get confused and kill her by accident. I knowingly euthanized her on my second game when I first tried the old 1.5d tech demo thing that nobody can get at now.

DAMN! I'm normally a player who tries everything at least once. But I couldn't do that. I'd rather get eaten by zombies while outside the house, trying to save her then that o______O

Most people would do it by accident, it's what the CTRL+ALT+DEL webcomic is parodying.

cad-20110603-93bfc.png

Most people would do it by accident, it's what the CTRL+ALT+DEL webcomic is parodying.

cad-20110603-93bfc.png

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I gotta watch all episodes of that comic! *starts*

cad-20110603-93bfc.png

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I gotta watch all episodes of that comic! *starts*

Apart from that webcomic I never found CTRL+ALT+DEL a great comic, but that could be because I have an intense dislike for it's creator.

You would only know the full backstory if you havr been playing since the game first started being sold or beta tested. i have beeing playing this game for a very long time. here is all the info on the backstory they have given us.

Knox County is a zombie ridden place quarintined by the military/ government. The infection is NOT WORLD WIDE. just in knox county.

you are the essential the last survivor (untill they add npcs in again). the government plans on doing nothing about this zombie problem whats so ever. they will just wait untill all the zombies are dead. They show old pictures of knox county filled with people, not zombies, filling the streets going abot thier buisness like normal.

If you have any qustions about something in specific let me know and i will give you all the knowledge i have on it. this is just a brief summary of what happend.

Yeah, since the plan seems to be to eventually include larger cities then it's possible that the INITIAL story will be the 'quarrantine' but it will transition to a larger pandemic at some point and possibly a worldwide apocalypse.

After all, 'this is how you died' doesn't seem all that ominous if you can get yourself to a stable and self-sufficient point in the game and you know that just across some imaginary line on a map civilization continues uninterrupted.

Yeah, since the plan seems to be to eventually include larger cities then it's possible that the INITIAL story will be the 'quarrantine' but it will transition to a larger pandemic at some point and possibly a worldwide apocalypse.

After all, 'this is how you died' doesn't seem all that ominous if you can get yourself to a stable and self-sufficient point in the game and you know that just across some imaginary line on a map civilization continues uninterrupted.

That's the same thing that I think will happen too. "These are the end times. There was no hope of survival" wouldn't make any sense else either.

That's the same thing that I think will happen too. "These are the end times. There was no hope of survival" wouldn't make any sense else either.

it wouldnt make sense although the military, even though you are never acually able to find them, will not let you past them and if you force your way past they will just shoot you....... so i guess there is a giant hope of getting out. mabey these arent the end times for kate and baldspot. although it is true that this is a new version and probly way off. so i admit all of you are probly right.

Actually, the way I looked at it was that it STARTED with it just being the county. But the quarantine eventually failed and the zombies broke out of the area and spread through the country. That's why the water and power shuts down, because there are no people maintaining the power/water plants.

it wouldnt make sense although the military, even though you are never acually able to find them, will let you past them and if you force your way past they will just shoot you....... so i guess there is a giant hope of getting out. mabey these arent the end times for kate and baldspot. although it is true that this is a new version and probly way off. so i admit all of you are probly right.

"This is how you died."

* Player takes control of Bob Smith. *

(Spoiler: Bob dies at the very least :P)

"This is how you died."

So let them try to shoot me when I'm digging a tunnel under their feet into the sewers of the next town ^_____^

"This is how you died."

So let them try to shoot me when I'm digging a tunnel under their feet into the sewers of the next town ^_____^

Guess they'll be gassing the sewers too, then ;)

Archived