1. 1. Is your favorite Cola:

• Pepsi
    • Coke
    • RC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RC here is cheap, and not sold much anymore but is savoury and imo better than your everyday coke/pepsi.

I guess it's non-availability makes it a refreshing taste

RC here is cheap, and not sold much anymore but is savoury and imo better than your everyday coke/pepsi.

I guess it's non-availability makes it a refreshing taste

I do find a glass particularly delicious after prolonged consumption of other Colas. Variety is the spice of life after all.

I drink extremely large amounts of soda when I have the ability to do so (Expensive unforunately) money is the only real limit on my consumption of it.

Just remember, dentist bills are pretty steep too, later in life... ;)

Heh, which is why you drink'em through a straw!

Seriously, apparently that does less damage to your teeth.

Soda is also called "Natron" or "Sodium carbonate" which is Na2[CO3], a mineral salt. It's just for the carbon dioxide - they use it all :)

In europe / germany we have "Schwipp Schwapp" from Pepsi or "Mezzo Mix" from Coke which are cola and orange - i prefer this over all

titelseite-schwipschwap.jpg

Soda is also called "Natron" or "Sodium carbonate" which is Na2[CO3], a mineral salt. It's just for the carbon dioxide - they use it all :)

In europe / germany we have "Schwipp Schwapp" from Pepsi or "Mezzo Mix" from Coke which are cola and orange - i prefer this over all

titelseite-schwipschwap.jpg

That looks delicious.

I think in some parts of the States they ARE used equivalently.

Here's a map of a similar thing: http://www.popvssoda.com/

This reminds me of when I visit Scotland and for some reason everyone seems to call every kind of drink "Juice"

Yeah it's just common vernacular here. Odd thing is when someone says do you want juice, most people instantly assume soda or cola... they're right. It's rather odd come to think of it.

<...>

Yeah it's just common vernacular here. Odd thing is when someone says do you want juice, most people instantly assume soda or cola... they're right. It's rather odd come to think of it.

In some areas in the South, they refer to all sodas as Cokes. "What kind of coke would you like?"

Even Pepsi products.

<...>

In some areas in the South, they refer to all sodas as Cokes. "What kind of coke would you like?"

Even Pepsi products.

I don't know. Doesn't seem as big of a disconnect, if this thread has proved anything it's that some people don't know there's a difference.. I mean with "Juice" you usually think of fruit juices rather than soda or coke drinks.

<...>

Even Pepsi products.

Even Pepsi products.

Here in the South-East, some people call soda "Tonic." I remember my grandma told me a story where she went up north and asked where the "tonic" is in a convenience store, and the person went and got her hair tonic.

Coca-Cola is winning! March forward to victory my brethren!

Our Pepsi army shall reign supreme! You have won the battle but not the war!

Lets be fair our army look better too. Red and white combat fatigues? Its like facing an army of bloody santas. Blue is my favourite colour.