RELEASED Mondoid 9/12/13

doomblood66

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry fellas.

9/12/13 = September 12th, 2013, to Americans.  In defense of our idiotic logic, we read 9/12/13 like we would say it out loud, "September(9) 12th(12), 2013(13)".  Americans generally don't say, "9th of December, 2013" when we say a date.  It's almost always month, day, year.

Please be patient with us.  I assume more Americans will show up around here now that PZ is on Steam so I was just making a silly joke.  There is Logic (metric system) and American Logic (inches, feet, yards).

Lastly there is Jatta Pake logic that wants all dates in 20131209 format because it sorts better in a column.  Its my CDO (like OCD but alphabetized like it should be).

Please be patient with us.  I assume more Americans will show up around here now that PZ is on Steam so I was just making a silly joke.  There is Logic (metric system) and American Logic (inches, feet, yards).

Lol, i'm american, I am just bad at detecting jokes through the internet seeing as most of the people I meet online refuse to accept there are other countries that aren't the USA (not accusing you of this (fedora)  ). example when someone says "speak english!" without realizing not every country is an english speaking one. Though i'm still baffled with why we have to do everything different than the rest of the world lol.

EDIT: Yay Mondoid  (clyde) 

we’ll probably be having a community meet-up in Newcastle on Jan 25th next year (open invite, though you’ll probably have to be over eighteen as we’ll probably want to buy you a drink).

Damn, so close!

Ah well it will be a couple of days after my 18th come Rezzed so will get hammered then instead.  :razz: 

we’ll probably be having a community meet-up in Newcastle on Jan 25th next year (open invite, though you’ll probably have to be over eighteen as we’ll probably want to buy you a drink).

Damn, so close!

Ah well it will be a couple of days after my 18th come Rezzed so will get hammered then instead.  :razz: 

I wish I lived there, would it be bad for me to quit my job and move just for this meet-up? Although they would definitely have to buy the drinks then because i'd be completely broke lol.

I don't mean to be an ungrateful little whiny kid, but, what happened to the Mondoids being a little longer?

Here's an example, http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2013/04/window-pains/

Seriously though, don't take any offense to this. I am honestly just wondering.

Lol, I think it's just because the work they have been doing is bug fixes so they just didn't want to rephrase the stuff in the upcoming release thread for their Mondoid post :P

EDIT: I know we should be getting some juicy Mondoids when they start working on NPCs again, i'm excited for that :)

I don't mean to be an ungrateful little whiny kid, but, what happened to the Mondoids being a little longer?

We also had shorter ones. We'll keep them shorter in the future :P

I will now remember you as the mean Admin.  (tophat)  ( I still love you though :wub: )

Edit for clarity: You are "mean" for crushing my dreams of long and gorgeous Mondoids lol.

The Mondoid length depends on a) how much we have to say and b) how knackered and/or busy the team are and c) how much we have to compensate for a delayed build and give people something extra while they wait for something new to play in PZ. So in this case it was short because it was a combination of us not having much to say, being knackered and busy, and having a very recent build released. :P

I'd love to be there, unfortunately money and the cost of flying right now D= Can't imagine anything more fun than meeting up with everyone in person, though. I've moved to a new area recently where I don't really know anyone, so maybe I'm just craving interaction with the outside world XD

Lol, i'm american, I am just bad at detecting jokes through the internet seeing as most of the people I meet online refuse to accept there are other countries that aren't the USA (not accusing you of this (fedora)  ). example when someone says "speak english!" without realizing not every country is an english speaking one. Though i'm still baffled with why we have to do everything different than the rest of the world lol.

English has become the lingua franca on the internet, I don't have a problem with that. I'm not sure, but if US citizens (America is a continent) play games online, is that generally with other US citizens? If so, it would make sense to assume that everyone speaks English.

English has become the lingua franca on the internet, I don't have a problem with that. I'm not sure, but if US citizens (America is a continent) play games online, is that generally with other US citizens? If so, it would make sense to assume that everyone speaks English.

No, North America is a continent, America is a country. Usually NA has its own servers, but not all of North America speaks English. Also, sometimes Latin America gets its own servers and sometimes not. It's usually a safe bet for us that people will speak English, but certainly not 100%.

-snip-

No, North America is a continent, America is a country.

-snap-

Offtopic
Not necessarily wrong. You can refer to America as the continent. North America is a part of the Americas (which is the more commonly used term for the continent to avoid misunderstandings), just like Europe and Asia are a part of the Eurasia continent. America is something that mostly Americans :D use to refer to as their country. In other parts of the world in the English language I would say it's fairly common to refer the whole continent as America. I'm not saying that it should be, I'm saying it's not wrong. The basis, with both meanings, is that it's so woven into the language that it has become a part of it. It's assimilation.

Fair point, but calling North America "America" is essentially a colloquialism or slang, and this whole accepted, I still wouldn't say it's 'right' (and, thus, wouldn't correct people who didn't use it's slang version). Just my 2c. The "Americas," conversely, is the correct term for Latin and North America together, but is an important distinction from America.

Offtopic
I agree that it shouldn't be used to refer to North America but I'm not sure it was... If it was, then it's all good, but I still insist that the term America can be used to refer to the joint continent as it was the name given to the continent by the colonialists when they first discovered it and only later has become a meaning for the USA.