RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 38.29

lemmy101

IWBUMS 38.29 MP Test observations:
*In this build, when i place outdoors walls-lamp and generator powered rooms, light seems not to work (i can switch on, off this lamps) but i can't see light changes. (38.28 work good with this actions)

*Carpenter LightPoles: When batteries are consumed i can't put new batteries on it. (Lightpoles in exteriors and interiors).

*I've testing for 5 hours on MP mode and our clothes (pants) didn't get dirty

Sorry about my language i speak spanish.

2 hours ago, Blake81 said:

I can confirm all of those errors on the Vehicle Test as well.

17 hours ago, Snakeman said:

IWBUMS 38.29 MP Test observations:
*In this build, when i place outdoors walls-lamp and generator powered rooms, light seems not to work (i can switch on, off this lamps) but i can't see light changes. (38.28 work good with this actions)

*Carpenter LightPoles: When batteries are consumed i can't put new batteries on it. (Lightpoles in exteriors and interiors).

*I've testing for 5 hours on MP mode and our clothes (pants) didn't get dirty

Sorry about my language i speak spanish.

What does it mean you can't put new batteries in the Lamp on Pillar?  The "Insert Fuel' menu option doesn't appear in the context menu, or nothing happens when you click the option?

Just now, EasyPickins said:

What does it mean you can't put new batteries in the Lamp on Pillar?  The "Insert Fuel' menu option doesn't appear in the context menu, or nothing happens when you click the option?

Insert Fuel not appear in context menú, and for some reason Lamp on pillar never goes off on this build. (in 38.28 this lamp consumed batteries, goes off and can't add fuel too)
i think there is 2 issues with this:
1- The light changes problem related yesterday but also on lamp on pillar.
2- context menú option to add fuel not appear (i don't know if the lamp consumed fuel in this build because i can't see light changes).

1 hour ago, Snakeman said:

Insert Fuel not appear in context menú, and for some reason Lamp on pillar never goes off on this build. (in 38.28 this lamp consumed batteries, goes off and can't add fuel too)
i think there is 2 issues with this:
1- The light changes problem related yesterday but also on lamp on pillar.
2- context menú option to add fuel not appear (i don't know if the lamp consumed fuel in this build because i can't see light changes).

The light not being visible I fixed yesterday.  But the fuel option worked for me in the Steam build, I can't see any reason it wouldn't show up as long as you have a battery in inventory.  Does the "Remove Battery" option show up?

2 minutes ago, EasyPickins said:

The light not being visible I fixed yesterday.  But the fuel option worked for me in the Steam build, I can't see any reason it wouldn't show up as long as you have a battery in inventory.  Does the "Remove Battery" option show up?

Remove battery works sometimes i have 3 lamp on pillars separated for 1 tile... only one opens the context to remove battery... and all lamps seems to be activated... i will check if works with light changes now (maybe two of them have no fuel).

21 minutes ago, Snakeman said:

Remove battery works sometimes i have 3 lamp on pillars separated for 1 tile... only one opens the context to remove battery... and all lamps seems to be activated... i will check if works with light changes now (maybe two of them have no fuel).

My fix to lights isn't released yet.

1 hour ago, EasyPickins said:

My fix to lights isn't released yet.

okay, i think when i have the fix for light changes i can test this issue with more accuarcy.
I found another bug (Maybe a very old bug)... Single and MP mode:
If window is barricaded and i have a hammer on my equipped bag, context menu to take the plank from window appear but when i selected this option nothing happens (i need to transfer hammer manually to my inventory to execute this action). Maybe needs to automatic transfer hammer from bag to my inventory when i select this context menu option...

3 hours ago, Snakeman said:

okay, i think when i have the fix for light changes i can test this issue with more accuarcy.
If window is barricaded and i have a hammer on my equipped bag, context menu to take the plank from window appear but when i selected this option nothing happens (i need to transfer hammer manually to my inventory to execute this action). Maybe needs to automatic transfer hammer from bag to my inventory when i select this context menu option...

Confirmed.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if composting has an issue.

I put a bunch of food into the composter, let it rot, and now it's finally disappeared.

There's nothing in the composter except for some worms (of which I think I put the majority, if not all, in there) and equipping a shovel and a bag doesn't provide anything on the context menu other than "Dig graves"

Is this right? If not, how should it work? I've never been able to produce any fertilizers from any of the composting bins...

Shin

On 11/21/2017 at 2:31 PM, Snakeman said:

I really think this is one of those things where it should be standard across the board:

1) If you have the tools and supplies for an action on you, in any of your bags, or in the tile you are standing on, the context menus should permit the action.

2) If you fire the action, you should pick up or take out of your bags the necessary supplies and tools.

Shin

Edited by Shinjitsu noDeshi

Just now, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

That doesn't seem to work either.

Could you walk me through the steps you use to get fertilizer, please?

Thanks

I just grabbed empty sack any clicked on the composter, >grab fertifilizer or something. Mb, there was not enough food for one sack? ( like, system doesn't allow you to take 1-2-3 units of fertifilizer, only full sack. )

2 minutes ago, DramaSetter said:

I just grabbed empty sack any clicked on the composter, >grab fertifilizer or something. Mb, there was not enough food for one sack? ( like, system doesn't allow you to take 1-2-3 units of fertifilizer, only full sack. )

Ok thanks. I'm not sure what's wrong on my end, but I don't have that menu option. Nothing else is in there except worms, and it went straight from having rotting food (probably 20 weight units worth, at a minimum) to being gone.

1 hour ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

Ok thanks. I'm not sure what's wrong on my end, but I don't have that menu option. Nothing else is in there except worms, and it went straight from having rotting food (probably 20 weight units worth, at a minimum) to being gone.

EasyPickens added the option for rotten food to be removed. I think it's on by default?

Chances are it just needs an exception for compost bins.

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

EasyPickens added the option for rotten food to be removed. I think it's on by default?

Chances are it just needs an exception for compost bins.

Thanks for pointing this out - it looks like in my game rotten food is never removed.

I had the hydrocraft mod turned on many months ago. It's off right now, but still installed. I've gone through some different test branches (so Steam has downloaded the files a couple of times) - but is it possible that the mod is causing this problem? I wish there was a faster way to test it than wait an in-game month or longer...

171123-RottenSettings.thumb.jpg.464006cdd42841ac1604513d351ec86e.jpg

Edited by Shinjitsu noDeshi