Where and How will your society survive? (When NPC's are released)

magnum2016

How will your settlement survive when NPC's are released and you create your own  group?

I for one am going to lock down the area of buildings near Knox Bank and i will have constant guards guarding the main entrance. We will have a large farm (enough to feed the entire town for atleast a little bit) and i will have people going on loot missions at all times.

We will act in roles of government like the Governors (Walking Dead) Town of Woodbury. We will let in small groups of survivors but we will destroy and conquer larger groups by tricking them and shooting them in the back. 

What will your settlement be like?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me? I'll go to the farm and build some defences with 2 or 3 people. And also create a big farm.

Yes me too. Probably no more than 2 people with one NPC standing guard and another who either joins me to go looting or who barricades and farms. I'm wondering how good their AI will be, e.g. an NPC is coming back to the safehouse with loot, bringing an entire horde with her/him because she/he went in a straight line and not zigzagging and losing the horde.

I will teach my NPCs how to eat bark and weave clothes from tree roots. The group will build canoes and sail down the river until we reach the sea, and then we'll form an independent kingdom on a small island. The people there will call me a philosopher-king. I will achieve the best PZ high score in the world for my deeds.

Once NPCs come out, I'm gonna start RPing like a mofo. I'm gonna have psychos, kingdoms, crack teams, Thieves, loners, useless idiots, etc. It will be AMAZING!!! My favorite role will be troll. Just imaging stumbling upon a large well armed NPC group, running and hiding, and then following them to their hideout. Once there you wait until night-time, take out a pistol and attract ALL the zombies! 

#1- Find a female NPC with whom I come to a mutual agreement on us not shooting each other/her joining my group. I keep her in the safehouse.

#2- Rinse, repeat, until 2-3 female NPCs are in safehouse.

#3- Establish a small farm near my safehouse that 1 NPC tends to while 1 protects.

#3- Kill any other NPCs on sight, unless they have guns, then I'll follow them back to their safehouse and kill them while they sleep.

#4- Have a party.

Am i the only person that is looking to have a large effective society?

I want some shit to go down like i have 30 NPC's and i run into a highly trained group of NPC's and a all out war starts! I really hope the war mechanics are good in this game i wanna be inside of my house eating steak when suddenly i hear gunshots and they jumped over the fence and are gunning down my settlers!!!

So pretty much i want a Walking Dead kind of thang :P 

Or i am just going to make a outpost on a bridge like the person above me stated! That would be awesome i would make a trade market :P

Y'all guys thinking you're gonna command them.

Ha ha

Haa

I think this is your answer. I know when they've been implemented in the past they've been even more dangerous to have around than zombies in a lot of ways. I always used to kill them on sight. I'd call them over then knock them in their heads with an axe. They even drop good stuff sometimes.

I'll never forget one play I had on the old map. I had a great fortress set up and while I was out looting an NPC led a whole horde right inside of it, and had used his hammer to unbarricade all my doors and some of my windows trying to get away. I came in just in time to see his last few seconds of living.

True but the A.I. they had was just awful the new ones are suppose to have amazing A.I.

Now i have a new idea i will create a group of 5 or more raiders, i will have NPC's on High so they are everywhere as well as zombies and we will always stay on the move killing and going as we please

• 2 weeks later...

My NPCs will capture other NPCs and bring them to my secluded island; on which I will hunt them for sport.

Some men hunt for sport,

Others hunt for food,

The only thing I'm hunting for,

Is an outfit that looks good... (tophat)

but back to the topic:

I'll rule my society with an iron fist and will probaply be alone because of that