super sheet rope

Trojan_Turps

I just find them to be a bit too good, Simply as a game balance issue.

Now that zombies move around more (which is fantastic) I have started needing to use sheet ropes to escape buildings. This is fun! But the problem is I can easily climb up them. They're just too useful and easy to exploit.

I also think safe house's with sheet ropes all around them look silly.

If they are not changed it would be cool to have a sand box setting for climbing zombies. (zombies that climb sheet ropes) :P

What would you suggest changing about them? One thing which I've thought of reading this post is that zombies could grasp at the rope, possibly pulling it down, so that the player won't rely on it as the sole route into their house. I'm not sure if this would work all that well though.

That's great! IMO that would be a perfect way to nerf sheet ropes.

Maybe you run into a house with its stairs previously demolished and climb a sheet rope to its first floor, zombies follow you pull the rope down and you are stuck right there with no way down (that is if you don't have the materials to make a new one).

Though they should add the possibility of pulling the sheet rope up with you (that way caustious players wouldn't get screwed).

Edit: typos.

I really like the idea of zombies pulling down the ropes. For some reason I thought that this already happened? Not sure why as I've never seen it happen.

I think it would be good if every time you used a sheet rope there was a chance that it broke. Maybe Not doing you any damage but destroying the rope.

Or simply add a chance of falling. A very small chance but enough to stop you using them all the time.

Not allow them to be used if overloaded.

Not allow them to be climbed when tired from running etc. Or with fractured leg.

Just not allow them to be climbed.

Make climbing them really wear you out.

I like a redditor's recent suggestion, personally: Make it so zombies damage/destroy dangling sheet ropes if they get in their way.

No fan of climbing zombies, but considering they can open doors with advanced navigation, it makes sense for sandbox.

Good balance idea.

I just find them to be a bit too good, Simply as a game balance issue.

Now that zombies move around more (which is fantastic) I have started needing to use sheet ropes to escape buildings. This is fun! But the problem is I can easily climb up them. They're just too useful and easy to exploit.

I also think safe house's with sheet ropes all around them look silly.

If they are not changed it would be cool to have a sand box setting for climbing zombies. (zombies that climb sheet ropes) :P

still wouldn't mind this option in sandbox.

I really like the idea of zombies pulling down the ropes. For some reason I thought that this already happened? Not sure why as I've never seen it happen.

I think it would be good if every time you used a sheet rope there was a chance that it broke. Maybe Not doing you any damage but destroying the rope.

Or simply add a chance of falling. A very small chance but enough to stop you using them all the time.

Not allow them to be climbed when tired from running etc. Or with fractured leg.

To your idea with the fractured leg...

Strong people could still climb! Upper Body strenght! :P

To your idea with the fractured leg...

Strong people could still climb! Upper Body strenght! :P

With a bag full of beans and an axe between your teeth? :P

But yeah some people could.

How about this way. If you want to climb up/down you need to have some nimble skill and or strenght skill, depends how much you carry and how high your climbing.

example: strenght lvl 5 nimble 2 and you carry 10 so you can climp up to lvl 2 and climb down 6.

Numbers ofc can be changed.

We can also add random factor, if your stats are low you can fall down.

We can also add panic to those random factors.

How about this way. If you want to climb up/down you need to have some nimble skill and or strenght skill, depends how much you carry and how high your climbing.

example: strenght lvl 5 nimble 2 and you carry 10 so you can climp up to lvl 2 and climb down 6.

Numbers ofc can be changed.

We can also add random factor, if your stats are low you can fall down.

We can also add panic to those random factors.

Would be great to have carry weight, strength, nimble, obese, health and everything taken into consideration when climbing. I don't know if it's something that the dev team have much time/priory to work on?

But at the moment sheet ropes are one of the most powerful items we have for survival. Sheet rope Combined with the sledge hammer and the zombies can't get you. Although hunger and thirst can.

So it would be nice if a bit of work was done on the current sheet rope :)

Having somebody's ability to climb be determined by his weight and his strength is a very good idea. If this is to be the case then we are going to need a way around it. Here's one: Having two ropes, one with knots for climbing and the other with a carabiner on the end. You take off your bag and clip it to the carabiner. If you've got nothing like a carabiner you could tie it to it. After swiftly climbing the climbing rope or rope-ladder or actual ladder or whatever, you pull up your bag. If the zombies won't let go of it, then you could do something that I think is an excellent idea, and will propose it here.

You could absail down so that you are too high for them to reach you with their grubby paws, but you are close enough to them for you to wallop them with your weapon of choice. Then you can pull your bag up. You could loot a climbing kit or make one. You might just need a rope tied to you. If you wanted you could use a spear. Ooh ooh ooh here's an idea! This one's dynamite! You could stand on the first floor above ground level with a spear and just stab them in their heads all day long. When the body pile gets too high, you barricade it all up and go to the next floor above and continue.

And back to the topic of the ropes, here's an idea. You could have a heavy weight in your window, maybe a load of bricks, that's heavier than what's in your bag, and actually attached to the other end of your bag rope, so when you've attached your bag to the bag rope, you pull a string and the weight falls down, pulling your bag up. I remember seeing a picture of a medieval painting that would be excellent to show, but can't find it on the internet unfortunately. It's of a monastery and what the monks did to stop bandits. Instead of having stairs, one monk up high passes a ladder through the window to the window beneath it so that the other monk can climb up, out one window and up the ladder and in the other window.